The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Just seen Missouri has the #1 recruiting class according to 247 with addition of Boateng yesterday....6' 5" player ....

Gates is going to do very well there and Mizzou will probably get a lot of NIL support for that program because they traditionally are a basketball school. SEC is only getting tougher. I think eventually it might be the best overall basketball conference.

That’s very disappointing to hear concerning Jefferson. Too much competition for playing time to be messing up.

Also, I thought Awaka gave concessions, not received them.

Last edited:
Reactions: knoxvol52
With the news on Estrella & DJ it probably just sures up the 9 man rotation…

Zeigler/Dilione
Santi/Gainey
Knecht
JJJ/Mashack
Aidoo/Awaka
Hate to hear this about Jefferson but we all know CRB....if your not improving you want play..I agree with coaches decision no matter what..

That’s very disappointing to hear concerning Jefferson. Too much competition for playing time to be messing up.

Also, I thought Awaka gave concessions, not received them.
With the news on Estrella & DJ it probably just sures up the 9 man rotation…

Zeigler/Dilione
Santi/Gainey
Knecht
JJJ/Mashack
Aidoo/Awaka
JMO, but I could see DJ bring frustrated as to him not living up to the standard. Work hard all last year after not seeing eye to eye with the coaches, then he got some praise this summer, to being the odd man out.

The D.J. news is a bit odd. Summer practice reports were pretty glowing about him. Seems like a fairly quick heel turn. I hope this isn’t the end of D.J. as a Vol. His athleticism makes his potential very exciting.

The D.J. news is a bit odd. Summer practice reports were pretty glowing about him. Seems like a fairly quick heel turn. I hope this isn’t the end of D.J. as a Vol. His athleticism makes his potential very exciting.
He’s at media day and involved with everything, I don’t think it’s some major thing in that he’s already gone…sounds more like maybe some minor internal things that coaches expect better from a 2nd year player who’s fighting for minutes.

Once again, summer practice reports….take ‘em with a grain of salt. I present to you Dont’e Thornton as evidence from the football team. Puff pieces to keep people coming back for more.

those “puff” pieces often overhype players, not throw out derogatory stories. Plus, this was a supposed quote from CRB. Doesn’t appear to fit your narrative Chris, although I share your skepticism on the typical media buildup articles.

He’s at media day and involved with everything, I don’t think it’s some major thing in that he’s already gone…sounds more like maybe some minor internal things that coaches expect better from a 2nd year player who’s fighting for minutes.

Perhaps not, but it’s fairly significant that Rick is even mentioning it. We’re 4 weeks from the start of the season. If DJ is not “living up to the standard” in his 2nd year in the program according to Rick, it leaves me skeptical that Rick will ever give DJ meaningful minutes based on his track record. Hope I’m wrong, truly. But this feels like we’re seeing the start of DJ heading to the portal in 2024.

Reactions: berryvol
Perhaps not, but it’s fairly significant that Rick is even mentioning it. We’re 4 weeks from the start of the season. If DJ is not “living up to the standard” in his 2nd year in the program according to Rick, it leaves me skeptical that Rick will ever give DJ meaningful minutes based on his track record. Hope I’m wrong, truly. But this feels like we’re seeing the start of DJ heading to the portal in 2024.
I was referring to the part of your post mentioning this possibly being the end of him as a Vol, I don’t believe that to be the case is all I was saying. Who knows what happens come March/April, lots can happen between now and then, was just referring to that specific part.

I thought that the roster was still at 14 scholarships, but I guess it is back to 13. 4 aren’t practicing right now (DJ, Awaka, ZZ, Estrella-see previous post for reasons) so we’re already getting thin and that’s with a healthy JJJ (fingers crossed).

I thought that there was a thread for current roster news, but I searched all the way back to before the NCAAT and didn’t find it.

those “puff” pieces often overhype players, not throw out derogatory stories. Plus, this was a supposed quote from CRB. Doesn’t appear to fit your narrative Chris, although I share your skepticism on the typical media buildup articles.
I was talking about the glowing reports about him from the summer, as referenced in Mookie's post.
"Summer practice reports were pretty glowing about him"

I thought that the roster was still at 14 scholarships, but I guess it is back to 13. 4 aren’t practicing right now (DJ, Awaka, ZZ, Estrella-see previous post for reasons) so we’re already getting thin and that’s with a healthy JJJ (fingers crossed).

I thought that there was a thread for current roster news, but I searched all the way back to before the NCAAT and didn’t find it.

Thanks. First page. I might need cataract surgery sooner than I thought. And maybe the search feature wigged out on me. I think that I searched for “News”.

One area that Cade should help immediately is having a constant lob threat when he’s on the floor. He lives to throw down alley oops. Finishing lobs just isn’t Jonas’ thing

Can you link to the previous post? I can’t seem to find it.

VN Store

Back