The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

We should go after that guard from Montana State, Raequan Battle. Dude had 27 points last night against K-State.

Season Average:
Points - 17.7
Assist - 0.9, which is mehhh
Rebounds - 2.9
FG % - 46.9%
FT % - 83.3%
3P % - 35.3%

A sobering statistic I ran across ahead of today's game.
In the four games since point guard Zakai Zeigler suffered his season-ending ACL injury, they've committed turnovers on nearly 22% of its possessions.
I'm holding on to hope, but that has to get corrected ahead of playing a team as talented, and as defensively sound as Duke. We have to value possessions and the basketball. Seniors have to make smart decisions and put their younger teammates in position to make smart plays. Experience is one area we hold the advantage over Duke...we have to utilize it.

A sobering statistic I ran across ahead of today's game.

I'm holding on to hope, but that has to get corrected ahead of playing a team as talented, and as defensively sound as Duke. We have to value possessions and the basketball. Seniors have to make smart decisions and put their younger teammates in position to make smart plays. Experience is one area we hold the advantage over Duke...we have to utilize it.
One good thing is, while Duke is playing excellent defense, they don’t force a lot of turnovers. That would be scary
Bad news is, a lot of our turnovers without Z have been completely unforced anyway

I felt good about this game. ACC was weak and Duke had not played anybody with our level of defensive intensity and they just looked shaken all game.

Tournament is a game of matchups. And this was a good one for us.

Felt the same way, no one had the ability to roll in 4/5 guys all 6’8” or bigger and play more physical than Duke…until they faced us.

Phillips did a fantastic job for stretches on FLOPowski too. And then ON just worked him. Then you can rotate in two bulls in Uros & Awaka to out muscle their bigs. And Aidoo shows up forcing them to have to try and shoot over someone with great length & shot blocking.

Lively had 0 points
FLOPowski only had 13

Felt the same way, no one had the ability to roll in 4/5 guys all 6’8” or bigger and play more physical than Duke…until they faced us.

Phillips did a fantastic job for stretches on FLOPowski too. And then ON just worked him. Then you can rotate in two bulls in Uros & Awaka to out muscle their bigs. And Aidoo shows up forcing them to have to try and shoot over someone with great length & shot blocking.

Lively had 0 points
FLOPowski only had 13

LMAO that is a great nickname for him

VN Store

Back