The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Regardless of what happens tomorrow, I'm so proud of this team, and this has easily been one my favorite seasons of UT bball. Every major player is so damn impressive in one way or another. I love Chandler. I love Vescovi. I love James. I love Zeigler. Huntely-Hatfield and Aidoo are oozing potential. Plavsic is Plavsic - I mean that in a good way. Fulk gives us quality minutes, he is a bit of the Charlie Kelly of the gang - a wild card. My goodness, I love this team and the basketball they've been playing.

Regardless of what happens tomorrow, I'm so proud of this team, and this has easily been one my favorite seasons of UT bball. Every major player is so damn impressive in one way or another. I love Chandler. I love Vescovi. I love James. I love Zeigler. Huntely-Hatfield and Aidoo are oozing potential. Plavsic is Plavsic - I mean that in a good way. Fulk gives us quality minutes, he is a bit of the Charlie Kelly of the gang - a wild card. My goodness, I love this team and the basketball they've been playing.
Hell yeah, Go Vols!

Anyone in here leave in/around DC? I am here with my wife, but need a good spot near the mall to catch the game, between museums today. Any help is very very much appreciated. I watched the first half yesterday on my phone, walking through the driving snow around the Lincoln memorial. Forced my way back to the hotel for the second half lol

It has absolutely turned into one of those teams you love, reminds me of the late Grant/Admiral PB&J teams, obviously winning helps but these guys have found a place in our/my hearts much like that team.

@berryvol still think that we should have shrunk the rotation over a month ago and not have been giving minutes to guys like BHH?

I mean this in a good natured way and I get where you were coming from on not giving guys minutes to keep them happy, though I disagree when it's a guy with the potential of BHH. It's also a unique situation with a kid who should be in HS still and our best big went down for the year shortly after that discussion....but man BHH has been needed and has stepped up at times and shown that he can grow into a dominant 4.

Aidoo has shown potential to be a dominant 5 and I've been surprised with him getting fewer minutes the past 3-4 games. I'm excited at our potential front court next year if both guys progress in the off season as much as they have during this trial by fire season. We could possibly have one of, if not, the top front court teams in the country.

Could be special if SV and JJJ come back and BJ Edwards is solid early. Powell could also thrive in that type of inside out game.

@berryvol still think that we should have shrunk the rotation over a month ago and not have been giving minutes to guys like BHH?

I mean this in a good natured way and I get where you were coming from on not giving guys minutes to keep them happy, though I disagree when it's a guy with the potential of BHH. It's also a unique situation with a kid who should be in HS still and our best big went down for the year shortly after that discussion....but man BHH has been needed and has stepped up at times and shown that he can grow into a dominant 4.

Aidoo has shown potential to be a dominant 5 and I've been surprised with him getting fewer minutes the past 3-4 games. I'm excited at our potential front court next year if both guys progress in the off season as much as they have during this trial by fire season. We could possibly have one of, if not, the top front court teams in the country.

Could be special if SV and JJJ come back and BJ Edwards is solid early. Powell could also thrive in that type of inside out game.
In hindsight, with the ON injury, definitely glad we didn’t shrink it too soon. BHH isn’t doing anything ON isn’t capable of right now and I def wish ON was still healthy, but we will benefit from the playing time he is getting next year, in a big way. He’s already showing some flashes, if he puts it together he could be a lottery pick next year. Very excited for this post season and next year, with all we have back.

In hindsight, with the ON injury, definitely glad we didn’t shrink it too soon. BHH isn’t doing anything ON isn’t capable of right now and I def wish ON was still healthy, but we will benefit from the playing time he is getting next year, in a big way. He’s already showing some flashes, if he puts it together he could be a lottery pick next year. Very excited for this post season and next year, with all we have back.

Good post man. Invaluable experience for BHH.

Tremendous team effort and a great team to watch play. Play incredible defense, great team basketball and have a handful of guys that can go for 15-20 any given night.

Fun watching Chandler, vescovi, and especially JJJ all be real difference makers on this team after some of the criticism they’ve taken.

Peaking at the right time, gotta be excited about the rest of season and beyond!

Reactions: gainesvol82
Also, TN makes it to the EE, gets bounced by AZ..... KC is pissed and announces hes coming back next year. Next season TN starts out a Top 5 team, Earns the first 1 seed in school history and wins the whole enchilada.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
The committee really didn't give AF about the SEC or the conference tournaments at all did they?

Bama a 6 seed, but A&M not even in the dance? Mind you even BEFORE the SECT A&M had more wins (20-11) than Bama (19-12). But then beating Auburn (a 2 seed) and Arkansas (a 4 seed) to then get beat by us (a 3 seed) in the championship game and you can't even get in the dance over these teams?

11 seed Michigan (17-14)
11 seed Rutgers (18-13) play-in
9 seed Marquette (19-12)

A few other squads with worse records got in, but were auto-bids from winning their tournament championship. I guess Buzz was right though, he told his guys the only way they were making it was to win the SECT.

I think everybody had some tears in their eyes after yesterday's Championship win!! The drought is over and we gladly pass the "SEC Tourney drought curse (or monkey)" to the LSU Tigers who haven't won it since 1980!! There you go LSU, the torch is passed and enjoy the next few years as well in your NCAA jail!!

VN Store

Back