The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Looking ahead a little bit, that TX Tech game is going to be tough if only because of the travel. Have to go to Colorado on a Saturday which has one of the best homecourt advantages in the country (the elevation) and then Tuesday be in NYC against a very good TTU team. Will help to be able to play some depth in those games

I don’t understand Memphis’ semi-full court pressure. The way they’re doing it makes no sense at the college level. They’re only pressuring and trapping, no denying passes or cutting off lanes for the next pass. Essentially they’re running a heck of a lot for no reason other than to slow the other team down about 4-5 seconds before letting them score. Iowa St is running a halfcourt 4-5 out offense anyways. They WANT to take 20 seconds per possession at least.

VJ only played 6 minutes versus UNC. I’m guessing that he might have been suspended for the first half. Then he got the start versus TN Tech so maybe the light came on with him. He is needed with JJJ injured and Quentin and Jahmai still adjusting to this level. I hope that those two get a lot of minutes versus Presbyterian and their 4 guard starting lineup. ZZ and JP should be off the bench pretty quickly tomorrow.

VJ only played 6 minutes versus UNC. I’m guessing that he might have been suspended for the first half. Then he got the start versus TN Tech so maybe the light came on with him. He is needed with JJJ injured and Quentin and Jahmai still adjusting to this level. I hope that those two get a lot of minutes versus Presbyterian and their 4 guard starting lineup. ZZ and JP should be off the bench pretty quickly tomorrow.

Huh? He played in the first half.

VJ:

17 minutes (UT-M)
21 minutes (ETSU)
23 minutes (Villanova)
6 minutes (UNC)
19 minutes (TN Tech)(STARTED)
tbd minutes (Presbyterian)(starting)

3-17 3s
Has not gotten to the FT line

I don’t have that stat sheet and my DVR recorded 3 hours of a dark channel which is why I said I “guess”. I still think that he only played 6 minutes as a response from Barnes no matter which half it was.
Well he played in both halves, I’m sure that was a response from Barnes but suggesting he was suspended seems a bit unnecessary.

Well he played in both halves, I’m sure that was a response from Barnes but suggesting he was suspended seems a bit unnecessary.

He should have been suspended. Being an experienced player showing leadership by not quitting is what he should bring. Powell is a better option.

I didn’t catch him in the 2nd half, but this only shows the scoring plays.

He should have been suspended. Being an experienced player showing leadership by not quitting is what he should bring. Powell is a better option.

I didn’t catch him in the 2nd half, but this only shows the scoring plays.

You can have your opinion, but trying to say a kid was suspended when he appeared is a bad look, even for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: berryvol
You can have your opinion out there but trying to say a kid was suspended when he appeared is a bad look, even for you.

Calm down. Suspended as in a coaches decision to have him sit. Not suspended as in getting arrested or having been in a fight. Two different things and anybody with a functioning brain should see that there is a difference. Somebody gets 5 fouls, they are SUSPENDED from participating for the rest of the game.

What’s up with your d*** headed comment “a bad look, even for you”? Just you being you?

Calm down. Suspended as in a coaches decision to have him sit. Not suspended as in getting arrested or having been in a fight. Two different things and anybody with a functioning brain should see that there is a difference. Somebody gets 5 fouls, they are SUSPENDED from participating for the rest of the game.

What’s up with your d*** headed comment “a bad look, even for you”? Just you being you?
But he played, so wouldn’t even be a “coaches suspension”, seems like an unnecessary/uneducated guess that serves no purpose and is inaccurate.

I’m just not a fan of trying to make a kid look bad by suggesting a suspension when nothing’s suggests that’s the case.

Reactions: berryvol
But he played, so wouldn’t even be a “coaches suspension”, seems like an unnecessary/uneducated guess that serves no purpose and is inaccurate.

I’m just not a fan of trying to make a kid look bad by suggesting a suspension when nothing’s suggests that’s the case.

It looked bad that he played less than 6 minutes and is 3 for 17 this year and hasn’t been able to get to the FT line this year. It is very accurate that Bailey played the fewest minutes by far of any game this season in the one immediately after he flat out QUIT. His minutes were suspended by more than 14 from his average mpg.

I guess you’re cool with JFK saying “gross” about Bailey getting the start. You have selective outrage.

My read is that Barnes is trying to get him involved and thereby get him going. If he gets starts when JJJ is out and he doesn't perform, he might get buried on the bench for a while. But if he perfoms well, he could get back into the rotation and get significant minutes. Barnes is giving him a chance to figure it out and perform. So the pressure is on VJ. I think Barnes is smart to handle him this way during his early season funk.

Reactions: AngryButchJones

VN Store

Back