The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Fulky in a sling and cast it looks like ): hope his shoulders alright and it doesn’t nag him like it’s done in the past

Josiah’s been in a cast as well for the surgery on his wrist. Hadn’t heard about Fulky

Attachments

• BDDA6674-1849-4D18-89E8-05D814F18138.png
    BDDA6674-1849-4D18-89E8-05D814F18138.png
    6.5 MB · Views: 49
Fulky in a sling and cast it looks like ): hope his shoulders alright and it doesn’t nag him like it’s done in the past

Josiah’s been in a cast as well for the surgery on his wrist. Hadn’t heard about Fulky
John Fulkerson broke his wrist today in practice. I don’t have any details at this hour as to severity or how long he will be out but obviously not ideal for the guy coming back for his sixth year
-VQ

Not to diss Fulk, but IMO a healthy JJJ is more critical. But both are critical for leadership roles. Leadership was off last year… because the two freshmen were carrying the offense and they were teenagers. Pons was far from the best senior leader that TN has had… maybe the weakest since CRB has been in Knoxville.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Kennedy Chandler, Huntley-Hatfield, Aidoo and Justin Powell have all impressed over the last month but that Chandler is just on a different level than his classmates and looks as good as advertised.

Chandler doesn’t have a perfect record when the team splits up and plays five-on-five but we’ve been told whichever side he’s on wins the overwhelming majority of the time.

One program insider also told us recently that Chandler is the most mentally tough player the Vols have had since Grant Williams left and that even as a freshman he’s capable of taking whatever Rick Barnes throws at him without it affecting his attitude or effort.

-VQ

Different career if he'd had a few breaks that weren't in his bones. Unluckiest guy ever wore Orange.

Definitely unlucky, and I’m as big of a Fulky guy as there is, but he unintentionally falls I think more than any other player I’ve ever seen. Seems just like such a clumsy dude. that with a bad streak of luck and he really can’t catch a break

Definitely unlucky, and I’m as big of a Fulky guy as there is, but he unintentionally falls I think more than any other player I’ve ever seen. Seems just like such a clumsy dude. that with a bad streak of luck and he really can’t catch a break
Luck is part of it, but his body just doesn’t seem durable enough to take the pounding of a D1 athletics career. Those guys take a lot of wear and tear and you have to be genetically “different” to endure it. I know I sure couldn’t have. Not sure JJJ doesn’t have some of the same issues.

Depending on severity, he may be out a month. I broke mine about 15 years ago and was in a cast for 4 weeks. Mine was a clean break, though. Very mild.
Not familiar with broken wrists and the healing process, so you think he will definitely be back in time ready for full practices? Just wondering how much this sets him back

So, with the Fulkerson news this is most likely the starting lineup for the beginning of the year one would think

Chandler
Powell
JJJ (if healthy. If not, Mashack?)
Nkamhoua
BHH

Ideally, but I don’t think Aidoo would be ready just yet.
Maybe, I just don’t think Nkamhoua is good enough to start unless he make a big jump this offseason. I think he’s talented enough to make much more of a contribution but I doubt he starts. Could maybe see Vescovi or Mashack start and slide the rest of the guys

Luck is part of it, but his body just doesn’t seem durable enough to take the pounding of a D1 athletics career. Those guys take a lot of wear and tear and you have to be genetically “different” to endure it. I know I sure couldn’t have. Not sure JJJ doesn’t have some of the same issues.
Nutrition (Pals) could be coming into play too.

I wouldn’t think a broken wrist at this point in the offseason would cause Fulk to miss any games. Did I miss something else?
He would miss out on valuable time in between recovery. At the earliest he’s available in October IMO.

This time it is his left wrist (and he’s left handed). The bad injury that he had as a freshman was to his right wrist and elbow. Not good.

Yep, this will hurt him and set him back a couple of months. But he already knows the offense and defense completely. Silver lining - it'll force him to learn to go to his right hand for a while.

He would miss out on valuable time in between recovery. At the earliest he’s available in October IMO.
October? Unless he just completely annihilated his wrist, 13-14 weeks for that injury is a super conservative estimate. I'd guess early September at the latest. Again, unless he really wrecked it.

VN Store

Back