The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Funny how he dodged Barnes mentioning Springer and Johnson as also needing to improve conditioning lol
was that before or after he went on and on and on and on about how good Johnson and springer have been?

I must have missed the reports of Barnes saying they same things about Walker

was that before or after he went on and on and on and on about how good Johnson and springer have been?

I must have missed the reports of Barnes saying they same things about Walker
Maybe Barnes going on and on and on about how good Johnson and Springer have been (your words) is explained by the numbers 16 and 17 next to their name and the number 88 next to Walker’s name.
00F52488-0544-4461-96AD-EE85A078E6EC.gif

What point are you trying to make?

The early reviews on walker aren’t good Is the point and I am not surprised about that at all .

hopefully this isn’t a sign that he is another miss on a big but for those here to act like Barnes doesn’t have a history of that are looking thru orange colored glasses.

a class full?

Interesting leap
Not much more of a leap than landing on the conclusion that Walker has little passion for the game of basketball because he chose to pursue personal training with his prep school staff over AAU competition, and that has somehow carried over to the idea that he needs to get in better shape as a result of that decision. As previously mentioned, Keon and Springer need to get in better shape, too (Barnes' own words), which you strawmanned into oblivion.

Not much more of a leap than landing on the conclusion that Walker has little passion for the game of basketball because he chose to pursue personal training with his prep school staff over AAU competition, and that has somehow carried over to the idea that he needs to get in better shape as a result of that decision. As previously mentioned, Keon and Springer need to get in better shape, too (Barnes' own words), which you strawmanned into oblivion.

walkers stock has dropped since he first committed. I think that’s pretty clear now that is fair. Now maybe he will be a good player but I think it’s clear he isn’t going to be an immediate impact player

The entire argument made was his stock was only hurt because he didn’t play AAu if you recall
No, the argument in question, and referenced by my Jim Carrey .gif, is your belief that it showed a lack of passion for the game to choose personal training over competition on the AAU circuit. That is the idea that many find laughable.

And perhaps not playing did hurt his stock by virtue of boosting the stock of others who did play. But, I dont think anyone ever claimed that Corey Walker was going to march in here and take away minutes from Fulk, Pons, and now Anosike. So how is he supposed to be an instant impact player.

No, the argument in question, and referenced by my Jim Carrey .gif, is your belief that it showed a lack of passion for the game to choose personal training over competition on the AAU circuit. That is the idea that many find laughable.

And perhaps not playing did hurt his stock by virtue of boosting the stock of others who did play. But, I dont think anyone ever claimed that Corey Walker was going to march in here and take away minutes from Fulk, Pons, and now Anosike. So how is he supposed to be an instant impact player.

yea I 100% stand by my opinion that not playing AAu means walker is more likely to have a low motor and early returns suggest I am right

as for his stock it also appears the rankings were correct in dropping him
From a borderline 5 star which many expected him to be an immediate impact player when he committed to a guy I doubt makes the rotation

The early reviews on walker aren’t good Is the point and I am not surprised about that at all .

hopefully this isn’t a sign that he is another miss on a big but for those here to act like Barnes doesn’t have a history of that are looking thru orange colored glasses.

It is still a little early IMO to declare Walker a miss and Olivier as well. We shall see if losing Burns was a big loss. Derrick Walker and Kent were busts. Pretty obvious that Grant and Kyle weren't misses. Fulk exceeded my expectations last year and should have a tremendous upcoming season. Fulk & Pons have been great additions to the program. I am skeptical if Pember or Uros will be SEC caliber but would love to see them dominate as VOLS.

Reactions: walkenvol
It is still a little early IMO to declare Walker a miss and Olivier as well. We shall see if losing Burns was a big loss. Derrick Walker and Kent were busts. Pretty obvious that Grant and Kyle weren't misses. Fulk exceeded my expectations last year and should have a tremendous upcoming season. Fulk & Pons have been great additions to the program. I am skeptical if Pember or Uros will be SEC caliber but would love to see them dominate as VOLS.

Agree with all that

yea I 100% stand by my opinion that not playing AAu means walker is more likely to have a low motor and early returns suggest I am right...Based on what, exactly?

as for his stock it also appears the rankings were correct in dropping him
From a borderline 5 star which many expected him to be an immediate impact player when he committed to a guy I doubt makes the rotation...Again, who is arguing otherwise?
You are simply creating arguments where one doesn’t exist.

Out of shape, not ready to contribute and whispers of a poor work ethic
Out of shape - Just like the other two freshmen, per Barnes.
Not ready to contribute - Immediately blocked by 3 seniors in the post, all of which will play professionally, and he wasn’t believed to be an instant impact player.
Whispers of a poor work ethic - I’d like for you to produce proof of this, because no one here has, and I’ve not seen it anywhere.

How long are you going to dance around the same issue and spin it a dozen different ways?

VN Store

Back