The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Bowden appears to flash an air of great confidence in the pics and videos we’ve been seeing
He reminds me of Jordan McRae so much, it’s kind of scary. The size, the frame, the skill set, heck...even the tattoos. McRae took a while (2.5 seasons) to develop the consistent confidence to dominate. Hopefully, this Jordan can develop it on a more consistent basis as a senior this year when his team needs it most.

Reactions: Stoked and Willy14
He reminds me of Jordan McRae so much, it’s kind of scary. The size, the frame, the skill set, heck...even the tattoos. McRae took a while (2.5 seasons) to develop the consistent confidence to dominate. Hopefully, this Jordan can develop it on a more consistent basis as a senior this year when his team needs it most.
Bottom line is he has to be our go-to player especially when we need a big basket

Also, has anyone noticed that the Rocky Top Tipoff this year is the same weekend that springer, johnson, and walker are all going to be here? Probably nothing substantial behind this, I just thought it was an interesting observation.

Bowden appears to flash an air of great confidence in the pics and videos we’ve been seeing
That’s good to hear. We’re going to rely on a lot of guys with little to no college experience this season. Having veteran guys like Bowden, Turner, Fulk and Pons to help bring the young guys up to speed is huge.

Always been a fan of Bowden, would love to see him finish his career on the All-SEC team.

Reactions: The Dog
As much as I’d love to rile everyone up and reveal that me and Big Ziti were actually the same person, I could never do that to a legend like Zeet.

Last year when we were #1 there was another poster who claimed to know Zeet in real life, wish I remember who that was. Would love for Ziti to make a return.

I think he will return if he isn't already here under another name.

I took a break for awhile a couple of years ago and got an email from VN wanting to know how I was doing. I started posting again after that. Maybe someone in admin can send him an email

I think he will return if he isn't already here under another name.

I took a break for awhile a couple of years ago and got an email from VN wanting to know how I was doing. I started posting again after that. Maybe someone in admin can send him an email
I like it. @Freak has there been any effort to bring our boy home?

Reactions: Stoked and vols 30
I am still convinced that something happened between Zeet and Freak and ever since then he’s been gone. Classic Stubborn Ziti.

I don't know if it was Freak but I do remember he got into it with several people right before he left. Most of the argument got deleted and I'm pretty sure it was about his favorite current Vols BB coach. I do think I remember Freak publicly addressing Ziti on here and offering to talk offline/via email about it but since Ziti never came back I don't know how that went.

Reactions: IndianapolisVol
If I was Ziti I’d think of a cool story as to why I haven’t been around. Maybe say I just got out of county for something funny like pick-pocketing or telemarketing fraud. Then start selling Jehovah’s Witness bibles on volnation.

Reactions: Stoked
I'm not on the fire Pruitt train (yet), but here's how to do it. Tell the new staff that TN has millions in buyouts to work through and they can only pay the new coaches their current salaries until the buyouts are complete. If they turn the program around then they are entitled to share the salaries that the current staff is making. Hire the entire Georgia State coaching staff.

I'm not on the fire Pruitt train (yet), but here's how to do it. Tell the new staff that TN has millions in buyouts to work through and they can only pay the new coaches their current salaries until the buyouts are complete. If they turn the program around then they are entitled to share the salaries that the current staff is making. Hire the entire Georgia State coaching staff.
I feel like I’m generally more patient than most but it’s very possible we only finish with 3 wins this year. That is fireable.

Nothing would be worse than Fulmer appointing himself as the head coach. I'd rather see 85 year old Johnny Majors as the head coach with Fulmer as the Offensive Coordinator (or offensive line coach).

This is a cluster f*** with a $15 million payroll.

I feel like I’m generally more patient than most but it’s very possible we only finish with 3 wins this year. That is fireable.
I’ve always thought of myself as above the 9th grade dropouts in the FB forum who spew hatred towards players and call for the coach to be fired or start the empty Neyland crap after every loss... but this is bad. I just don’t see how you come back from a season like this if you’re Jeremy Pruitt. That said, I’ll continue to support the team like I always have and I hope he proves me wrong.

I get really triggered when close-minded fans spread CONSTANT negativity about the program or say hateful things on social media to guys like JG. Even though we suck we still have an incredible gameday experience, let’s not forget that.

I hope none of this Empty Neyland stuff catches on. Why are we even thinking like that? An empty stadium only reflects poorly on the fan base. We should be checkering Neyland, not emptying it! The product on the field might be bad but that’s no reason for acting like an entitled little girl and boycott the team. If you don’t want to go to the game that’s fine, but give your tickets to someone who doesn’t normally get to go to the games. We’re all disappointed in the team this year but it says a lot about a person when they whine and boycott when something doesn’t go their way. Life’s not fair, you could die tomorrow, the next game could be your last. Why waste your days being upset with something you can’t control?!

I’ve always thought of myself as above the 9th grade dropouts in the FB forum who spew hatred towards players and call for the coach to be fired or start the empty Neyland crap after every loss... but this is bad. I just don’t see how you come back from a season like this if you’re Jeremy Pruitt. That said, I’ll continue to support the team like I always have and I hope he proves me wrong.

I get really triggered when close-minded fans spread CONSTANT negativity about the program or say hateful things on social media to guys like JG. Even though we suck we still have an incredible gameday experience, let’s not forget that.

I hope none of this Empty Neyland stuff catches on. Why are we even thinking like that? An empty stadium only reflects poorly on the fan base. We should be checkering Neyland, not emptying it! The product on the field might be bad but that’s no reason for acting like an entitled little girl and boycott the team. If you don’t want to go to the game that’s fine, but give your tickets to someone who doesn’t normally get to go to the games. We’re all disappointed in the team this year but it says a lot about a person when they whine and boycott when something doesn’t go their way. Life’s not fair, you could die tomorrow, the next game could be your last. Why waste your days being upset with something you can’t control?!

I think the thought is people feel by not going they “can control” it. If 1,500 people show up for the Vol Walk and 20,000 for the game it’s going to look horrible and get the AD’s attention. Now in reality those tickets are already sold, so does it financially effect them that much immediately, not other than concessions...opting to not renew tickets when they call the following year would get more attention, but at the same time at that point it’s probably too late to be making a coaching change. Fans don’t feel like they have much of a way to voice their frustration, one of the most eye catching ways to do so is not show, I don’t blame folks.

Reactions: Stoked

What you do is go ask Mark Richt “hey Mark, if we fired Pruitt, would you coach here?”

And then if he says yes you make him sign an MOU and then proceed until the season is over and then dump Pruitt, hire Richt and honestly you can probably keep about half the staff.

And before anyone complains about Richt, you can get over yourself. Desperate times and all that.

Reactions: golfballs

It will work itself out. The mouth breathing Empty Neyland crowd are just an aggravation on top of the poor results. In 1988 TN went 0-6 followed by winning 16 of the next 17. One loss in the next 23. That sure isn't happening now, but you have to let the season play out (and probably next year too as long as CJP can win a couple more in 2019). If a lot of freshmen and sophomores are the standouts during a back half resurgence then you gotta stay with it. Many are saying that the writing is on the wall and Cornbread should be fired now, but had TN blown out CJM in 1988 TN would have never elevated to natty winner 10 years later.

What you do is go ask Mark Richt “hey Mark, if we fired Pruitt, would you coach here?”

And then if he says yes you make him sign a MOU and then proceed until the season is over and then dump Pruitt, hire Richt and honestly you can probably keep about half the staff.

Richt probably would be a pretty good fit here. Les Miles and Leach are more than likely too weird to fit. Leach would have been entertaining, but no doubt it wouldn't be pretty once it played out. Up 42-17 and losing 67-63 to UCLA would be impossible to live down.

And then if he says yes you make him sign an MOU and then proceed until the season is over and then dump Pruitt, hire Richt and honestly you can probably keep about half the staff.

And before anyone complains about Richt, you can get over yourself. Desperate times and all that.

Idk if I make the kind of financial move it takes to get rid of Pruitt to hire Richt...imo if you’re making a move this year it’s to get as close to an absolute sure thing as there is, and to me that’s not Richt. I don’t think he’s a bad coach, but I also don’t think he’s a lock to come in here and win 9+ games right away either. I hate Urban, but imo he’s about the only coach you’re making a move for on Pruitt this year for.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
The fans will stop going. It doesn't have anything to do with the #empty movement. Who wants to pay to watch another blowout? There will be a sea of red at the Georgia game.

Idk if I make the kind of financial move it takes to get rid of Pruitt to hire Richt...imo if you’re making a move this year it’s to get as close to an absolute sure thing as there is, and to me that’s not Richt. I don’t think he’s a bad coach, but I also don’t think he’s a lock to come in here and win 9+ games right away either. I hate Urban, but imo he’s about the only coach you’re making a move for on Pruitt this year for.
Yeah, I agree. I also agree that you can't really fire Pruitt without a plan already in place, but at the required cost, the plan better be something more inspiring than Mark Richt.

I couldn’t name you one coach who could come in a turn this around in year one or even year that we realistically have a shot at.

I wish that Richt could be hired as something like Director of Football Operations and be Pruitt's boss. Kind of an unofficial HC, let Skoal Can be the unofficial Defensive Coordinator, and Richt can ride off into the sunset after grooming Pruitt for a couple of years. But... didn't Skoal Can go to Richt's house and challenge him to a fist fight a couple years ago? That might could be a problem.

VN Store

Back