The Offical 2017 NBA Offseason Thread

I admire Danny Ainge. He has three wings that can't shoot and he wants to add another one

Apparently also talks between Celtics and Sixers involving the #1 pick.

Saw where it's pretty much gonna happen. I wonder who the player(s) involved is

Yeah, very curious. They're not giving up Embiid or Simmons. Who else would Boston want? Saric? Okafor? Stupid when you can have Jimmy Butler.

Draft Fultz, trade Thomas, trade 2018 Brooklyn pick plus what you get for Thomasfor Butler=Profit

I am not sure what Ainge is thinking here. Fultz/Ball are clearly 1/2 and all star type players. Jackson might be Ron Artest. If you want more draft picks trade Isiah Thomas.

Steve Kyler? Verified account @stevekylerNBA 37s 38 seconds ago
So hearing the three this year, a future 76ers first and Lakers 2018 on the table to Celtics for the number one... thats a ton of value

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, very curious. They're not giving up Embiid or Simmons. Who else would Boston want? Saric? Okafor? Stupid when you can have Jimmy Butler.

I would think Saric and maybe a Sixers pick? A deal better than butler will be interesting.

For all the people who are saying Ainge is dumb, take a good look at how this discussion has developed.

Talk to Sixers about trading down; create additional interest from the Lakers, and manufacture a possibility they try to trade up. Which apparently they're trying to get in the discussion.

If they compete with each other to put together a package of valuable assets, and you are still in a place to get the guy you want-- yay! If you don't, you don't make the deal. Either way, we win.

That's how you GM.

For all the people who are saying Ainge is dumb, take a good look at how this discussion has developed.

Talk to Sixers about trading down; create additional interest from the Lakers, and manufacture a possibility they try to trade up. Which apparently they're trying to get in the discussion.

If they compete with each other to put together a package of valuable assets, and you are still in a place to get the guy you want-- yay! If you don't, you don't make the deal. Either way, we win.

That's how you GM.

Depends. If he gets 3-4 first round picks and swings something for Butler then yeah that looks good but then you gotta pay Isiah $200M

Trading away from Fultz and giving Thomas $200M is just a bad decision. Period.

I wish LBJ and Dray would just **** already. And gtfo with that only "Prime Shaq and Jesus Christ could score on him in the post" comment.

I would think Saric and maybe a Sixers pick? A deal better than butler will be interesting.

They are saying just picks. Everyone focused on Boston, but Embiid, Saric, Simmons, Fultz, TLC, Cov, Holmes, Anderson, Long...Philly have a lot of young talent to build around.

I'm hearing a theory/rumor that because they have to move some contracts to get both Hayward and Butler, the C's are grabbing the 2 picks from 76ers and using them and 2 roster players to trade for Butler and a sign and trade for hayward....so the Jazz might get Crowder and a pick. Something like that.

There's some talk about the Lakers moving up to #1 (with Julius Randle being involved).

I'm hearing a theory/rumor that because they have to move some contracts to get both Hayward and Butler, the C's are grabbing the 2 picks from 76ers and using them and 2 roster players to trade for Butler and a sign and trade for hayward....so the Jazz might get Crowder and a pick. Something like that.

That'll solve their rim protection/rebounding issues.

They would be the favorite in the East if that happens.

Yes please

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojVerticalNBA

Sources: For top pick, Sixers planning to send Celtics '17 No. 3 overall pick, '18 FRP (via LA) and '19 FRP (via Kings) - w/ protections.

He better have something up his sleeve

VN Store

Back