The off season martial arts thread.

I see your point, Danny will use wires and special affects, but he is also more highly trained and faster. Danny is no joke. Multiple tai chi global winner. A kung fu master. He only expresses it when he needs to. When you see Danny go off it's a blessing. Watch Special ID. The table throwing scene is one of the most talented things I've ever seen. If you are new to danny, I would start with IP Man.

The blind jedi sees all. I agree with tony jaa is not messing around good with elephants tho. Would love to see that movie.

if you think jackie is a joke you need to think again. He was raised in the strictest of chinese disciplines and taught to ignore pain. He would bury you before you pulled your gun.

I'm usually more of a traditional fighting arts guy, but saw this foreign flick the other day and it was john wick awesome. recommended.

if you think jackie is a joke you need to think again. He was raised in the strictest of chinese disciplines and taught to ignore pain. He would bury you before you pulled your gun.

Talked to BB's in Judo and JJ. Same thing. Chan likely wouldnt fare well in MMA but he is legit. Fast as hell. Another dude who excels is Steven Segal.

Wth do I know, I took one year of Judo.

Reactions: IluvdoubleD's
Most of those classically trained martial arts guys were raised in Chinese ballet. It's an incredibly strict and bone breaking discipline. They took on other arts from there. I like judo a lot. I've faired decently against 1 and 2 year judo guys on a drunken night or two. I recognize the difference between all the arts and most have a little judo in them. It's about defense and turning your opponents strength against them. More like actual real wrestling. I like kung fu a lot because its about speed, and to achieve speed you need exceptional balance. I like muay thai because it's about recognizing your opponent weakness. It had to be. Thai fighters were always facing larger opponents. Tai Chi is the transfer of energy.

Most of those classically trained martial arts guys were raised in Chinese ballet. It's an incredibly strict and bone breaking discipline. They took on other arts from there. I like judo a lot. I've faired decently against 1 and 2 year judo guys on a drunken night or two. I recognize the difference between all the arts and most have a little judo in them. It's about defense and turning your opponents strength against them. More like actual real wrestling. I like kung fu a lot because its about speed, and to achieve speed you need exceptional balance. I like muay thai because it's about recognizing your opponent weakness. It had to be. Thai fighters were always facing larger opponents.
Always wanted to finish my Judo discipline.

And take on muy thai or boxing. Always was strong and had low center. Coach aint puttin me back in though

Reactions: IluvdoubleD's
Tony Jaa used to be my favorite, and still a top 5, that's why I listed him. He's amazing too. Tony Jaa finds your weakness, and attacks it.

I watched this Korean flick yesterday and it uses wires and special affects, but my goodness what a movie. This is one you can sit down and turn on with your lady and neither one of you will takes your eyes off it. It's amazing film work. Recommended for a great date night (if you are good with subtitles). Should have gotten more attention.

Gonna post a few of Jackie being great just to redeem him. He likes to entertain American audiences, but many don't realize his journey, and that he was actually trained.

Like... by monks... really. He was orphaned and brought up in the chinese ballet, and then trained by monks. Worked his way up the hard way. The very hard way. One of my favorites was "wooden men".

VN Store

Back