The non-Zoner goes to an away game

My wife and I also have a XC running girl who took a D1 scholly to UNCG over UNCC, ECU, App State, Wingate, Queen City and Lenoir-Rhyne. She was about 10 seconds shy of getting a scholarship offer to Tennessee but a hard working girl nonetheless. View attachment 191927
That's awesome, congrats to her.

TY. She actually gets it honest. I ran XC for LMU (Go Railsplitters!). That’s why I never went to the great UT Vols!
Really? Man, that's where I'm from, well over the gap in Kentucky. If you went to lmu, I'm sure you went to middlesboro. I actually lived closer to pineville, but the tri-state area is where I was born and raised. All my family, and lots of friends still there in harrogate, and Powell valley.

Really? Man, that's where I'm from, well over the gap in Kentucky. If you went to lmu, I'm sure you went to middlesboro. I actually lived closer to pineville, but the tri-state area is where I was born and raised. All my family, and lots of friends still there in harrogate, and Powell valley.

I spent a lot of time in Middlesboro, dating a girl from there. I haven’t been back since I left in ‘99. Moved to Charlotte for a job, met my wife, never had a reason to go back. My favorite place was going up to the pinnacle lookout and just looking at the beautiful country side. I want to take my family back soon.

Small world.

I spent a lot of time in Middlesboro, dating a girl from there. I haven’t been back since I left in ‘99. Moved to Charlotte for a job, met my wife, never had a reason to go back. My favorite place was going up to the pinnacle lookout and just looking at the beautiful country side. I want to take my family back soon.

Small world.
How old are you? I have a friend that graduated from LMU. Wondering if you were there at the same time?

How old are you? I have a friend that graduated from LMU. Wondering if you were there at the same time?

I’m 41yo. Who was your friend? I have to say that I really cannot remember anyone that well outside of the XC team, tennis team and golf team.

I’m 41yo. Who was your friend? I have to say that I really cannot remember anyone that well outside of the XC team, tennis team and golf team.
Not necessarily wanting to throw out names on a mb, but he's a few years older than you.

Reactions: TopsideVol
Not necessarily wanting to throw out names on a mb, but he's a few years older than you.

Sorry I should have said “what’s their first name”? I don’t really remember many last names from those years. Heck, they probably remember me by a nickname. Most never knew my real name. A fellow XC runner named me Tenoka when I arrived. Zeke was drunk at a party, yelled it introducing me and meant Tetonka from Dances with wolves the second night I was there. Everyone called me Tenoka the rest of my time there.

Reactions: malinoisvol

Small world.
Really small, I left in 99 also and moved to Georgia. We probably passed each other on the way out 😆

Reactions: SolidRockGolf
Really small, I left in 99 also and moved to Georgia. We probably passed each other on the way out 😆

I was always at Cannon Creek Lake fishing with my gf on the off weekends. There was a rope swing there as well.... or we would watch movies at the Middlesboro Mall for cheap on the weekdays. I remember going there for the first time, paying $1 to watch Twister.

Reactions: joevol33
I was always at Cannon Creek Lake fishing with my gf on the off weekends. There was a rope swing there as well.... or we would watch movies at the Middlesboro Mall for cheap on the weekdays. I remember going there for the first time, paying $1 to watch Twister.
I've fished every spot on cannon Creek! That rope swing was still there several years ago. I miss those movie prices.

Reactions: SolidRockGolf

VN Store

Back