The names keep getting worse and worse

And then there's those of us who didn't want Pruitt to return and think this would be a very meh hire.
I don’t disagree. The 50 level 1 violations > $8 mil a year. We have enough problems with a lousy roster, a recruiting base we can’t defend, and 3 automatic losses a year. I’m interested to see which coaches -with other options- want this job.

We have hired 3 coaches and nobody knew their names. All huge huge failures.

So it didn’t work. It hadn’t nothing to do with their name.
Hiring a proven “big name” coach doesn’t mean we will win just like hiring an up an coming mid major coach or coordinator doesn’t mean we will not win. Get off the big name vs no name comparison. It’s ridiculous.

So it didn’t work. It hadn’t nothing to do with their name.
Hiring a proven “big name” coach doesn’t mean we will win just like hiring an up an coming mid major coach or coordinator doesn’t mean we will not win. Get off the big name vs no name comparison. It’s ridiculous.
Sure. Believe what you want to. I'll talk to you after our next three coaches are fired

Reactions: OrangeShadeOfDoom
Sure. Believe what you want to. I'll talk to you after our next three coaches are fired
I believe our ad is the best we have had at finding true winners at all sports he is been in charge of. The guy is good. Give him a chance as his history proves he will do it.

I believe our ad is the best we have had at finding true winners at all sports he is been in charge of. The guy is good. Give him a chance as his history proves he will do it.
Yeah he can find true winners. The question is how good is he at convincing the true winners to come to Tennessee. That's the part he hasn't proven yet.

Reactions: loservol
Yeah he can find true winners. The question is how good is he at convincing the true winners to come to Tennessee. That's the part he hasn't proven yet.
He has found diamond in the rough guys everywhere he has been. Not big name coaches. All I’m saying is regardless of who it is, don’t hang your hat on we are winning again due to it being a big name hire.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
What part about past NCAA issues continue to confuse people. Both have had past issues with Chadwell's being the worst of the two. Nobody with any past issues will be hired. Dammit man, some fans..
If an impermissible contact with a recruit via social media is a big issue then gtfo.... That minimal as it gets now days... Every university does it.....

Reactions: RhodesVol
He has found diamond in the rough guys everywhere he has been. Not big name coaches. All I’m saying is regardless of who it is, don’t hang your hat on we are winning again due to it being a big name hire.
With all due respect, finding someone to coach in the SEC is different. Diamonds in the rough get crushed under the heel of Nick Saban. You have to have a proven winner in the SEC.

EXCITEMENT EXCITEMENT EXCIT................................ err.......................... Google coach.

What are you hearing? I ask because I know one UCF alum/fan and he is telling me that they want Heupel gone yesterday. They do not want him.

Looking at his stint at UCF, it looks as if they have regressed once the Frost boys filtered out of the program

Awww hell. UCF boosters have been pissed since losing to Tulsa. Who cares? Some jokers on this forum want Herman and he had the same problem at Texas, boosters. Meh.....

Yea. If that’s your measuring stick, good luck. No one beats Saban consistently so using that is pointless.
I understand that nobody beats Saban consistently but we have consistently been blown out by him for over a decade! Literally zero wins!

The UCF fan base is as “new money” as they come. If Scott Frost had come back and not repeated as an undefeated “champion” then they would want him gone too. They are an upstart fan base that knows very little about football. In short, I put little stock in their complaints about Heupel.

He could still suck, that’s totally possible.

Also, neither Kiffin nor Chadwell had any serious NCAA violations tied to them at any point. Don’t call people out when you are just parroting things you’ve heard online but not read for yourself.

VN Store

Back