The "Name Your Team" Thread

Maryville '99

i loved the games.

my freshman year in '95 the pendulum shifted back to mhs beating alcoa again. Before that, it was all alcoa. However we beat them all four years i was there. The game was big then, but not nearly as big as it is now.

MHS wasnt the goliath it is now compared to the late 90's either, but they consistently made the playoffs. My junior year in 97, they made state for the first time in 15 to 20 years but got clobbered by... i think it was Pearl Cohn? Think John Henderson was on that team and played us that game. Kid was big and disruptive. We stood no chance and got beat, bad. Made it back my senior year and beat whites creek. Good times.

Last edited:
Collierville HS - 06-10

We had 3 mediocre seasons my first 3 years and my senior year we finished 3-7 with a bunch of upset loses. 2-2 against our rivals Germantown and Houston.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I'm probably only the second person to post on here from this school:

Happy Valley (Class of '03)

Karns '07. We don't really excel in anything so it doesn't surprise me that not many of us admit to being Beavers.

Show 'em the Purple. Show 'em the Gold. Smyrna High Bulldogs, Class of 2002.

Home of the man, the myth, the legend: Rodriguez Wilks.

Maryville High 2004. Played Sam Backer and started half of my junior year and all of my senior year (I may have been the best/only 160 lb linebacker ever to start at Maryville). Suited up in three State Championships, played in two, but lost to Mo Town West my senior year in the Semi Finals. I hate the Trojans!!!

South Glens Falls SHS Bulldogs, NY. Class of 2002

Played JV(sophomore, finished 8-4. Best record the school had in like 15 years), got hurt missed junior year, tried playing senior year but hadn't healed enough

Last edited:
White House Blue Devils c/o 2001

Home of Blue Devil Pride

I was on the bowling team for 3 years, we got 2nd in our district my senior year.

Last edited:
Red and Black. Knox Central Bobcat class of 09. My Freshman year, we had Maryville beat at home until our QB(Zach Helton) threw an INT our their goal line with 30 seconds to go. Lost 17-14. It was the single most sad moment ive ever had watching any of my favorite sports teams. Most of us Central fans still havent got over it.

Rutledge High School, '03.

We don't even exist anymore, but the replacement still runs the same play every down.

Went to middleton high from 00-02

Graduated from Bolivar Central in 04

played on some terrible football teams. We were pretty good at basketball though. I follow west tenn sports in general now

Collierville HS - 06-10

We had 3 mediocre seasons my first 3 years and my senior year we finished 3-7 with a bunch of upset loses. 2-2 against our rivals Germantown and Houston.

Boom!

Collierville c/o '90

Maryville Class of '90. They were really bad my Sr year. 1st time WB ever beat Maryville.

Cleveland HS, Class of '77

Won the team track and field championship, with only two guys! But they were great athletes, both went to UT on athletic scollys. (Paul Davis, track and field and Bobby Thompson, football)

Boys Track 1977 Discus Champion Bobby Thompson 166-03
Boys Track 1977 Long Jump Champion Paul Davis 22-11.25
Boys Track 1977 Shot Put Champion Bobby Thompson 58-04.50
Boys Track 1977 Team Champions 18

I think they finished 2nd and 3rd in the 100 (yards I think back then).

Football team went to the AA Semifinals, lost to Maryville

Wrestling team was region champs (4 regions back in the day)

Baseball lost in the sub state after winning the region.

Basketball, I can't remember.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back