The Myth of the 4 Year Rebuild

No…we are still building for sure. It shows in a lot of areas (offensive line, secondary, LB, RB). We still have 4 games that could all be loses.

Really love what this staff has done. But we need to keep our expectations realistic. We are still building 100%. And we will still be building next season given the loses on defense, offensive line, QB, Wr, TE, etc

We were in shambles with a roster well short of normal all of last year. We have an excellent chance at finishing the season ranked just a year later. We will become a desired spot for transfers and high schoolers alike. The coach is a real person, not a snake oil salesman or an ignorant jackass.

Let’s enjoy the climb back to national relevance.

It took Johnny Majors 7 years to build the Tennessee program to where it was a consistent winner

No…we are still building for sure. It shows in a lot of areas (offensive line, secondary, LB, RB). We still have 4 games that could all be loses.

Really love what this staff has done. But we need to keep our expectations realistic. We are still building 100%. And we will still be building next season given the loses on defense, offensive line, QB, Wr, TE, etc
think what op is saying is needing 4 years to get multi top 25 wins is a myth

Lane took Vols within that blocked field goal of beating National Champion Bama in year one!

It's all coaching!
That team was two years removed from playing for an SEC Title and was still loaded with talent at the skill positions.

This team is… 15 years removed from playing for an SEC title and led the NCAA in transfer departures just over a year ago.

That team was two years removed from playing for an SEC Title and was still loaded with talent at the skill positions.

This team is… 15 years removed from playing for an SEC title and led the NCAA in transfer departures just over a year ago.

Yes, all true. But what did all world coach Fulmer do with them the previous two years? thats my point!

Coaching! Not the absence of it!

The excuse machine. Every coach that says they need four years should be an immediate red flag. And it just shows that they could care less and get paid more in the end to not coach

Still on track for the rebuild. A true Tennessee rebuild is in the top 5 consistently and competing for sec/national championships regularly. I’ll agree that Heupel is ahead of schedule though. I’m very pleased. I’ve said it multiple times on here that this last hire was possibly the most important one in Tennessee FB history. Hire the wrong guy and the program is in an infinite tailspin. Luckily, Danny White knew what he was doing because I’ll be the first to admit I was not overly impressed with the hire initially.

I actually think in a way we are lucky that we were hungry. There has been so much change in just the last few years between the transfer portal and NIL. Established winning schools like Clemson have been slow to adapt as they are operating under the “if it ain’t broke” philosophy. Tennessee on the other hand was in a historically low place and desperately needed to adapt, and boy have they. I am not sure anyone has made better use of the portal than our guys and time will tell if some of our recent, high dollar, NIL guys pay off.

Reactions: jmcarr33

That team had two walk ons starting on the OL and another at MLB.

Reactions: Vol_guy
I'm just glad the stench of the Jeremy Pruitt era is finally going away. To do it in 2 years is astonishing.

The Vols lose a ton of players this year…. Just saying
Yup. Next year will be a struggle, especially early. We need to be mentally prepared for that. But it would be so sweet to get two in a row against Florida. The good news in Milton will still have a bunch of really good targets to throw to. Sampson will have a full year’s experience under his belt as well.
But we gotta keep stacking classes. I am hoping that performance yesterday will pay some big dividends in recruiting. WR candidates gotta be salivating watching that game.
Heupel has done an incredible job with the hand he was dealt. He is a full year ahead of what most fans could have expected. Give the man a full set of four classes and we will be baked back into consistent relevance. In the meantime, enjoy the fact that teams that have owned us at least have to take us seriously again. And enjoy the HECK out of the wins we pick up now. And enjoy the fact that you don’t get that sinking feeling of terror every time a Vol offense steps onto the field but actually look forward to the play
Go Vols
Alabama delenda est

Reactions: Carl Pickens
The Vols lose a ton of players this year…. Just saying
That's what recruiting is for. Yesterday earned us 2 wins not just 1. The amount of Elite talent in the stands that got to see Neyland for what it is supposed to be is priceless.

Yup. Next year will be a struggle, especially early. We need to be mentally prepared for that. But it would be so sweet to get two in a row against Florida. The good news in Milton will still have a bunch of really good targets to throw to. Sampson will have a full year’s experience under his belt as well.
But we gotta keep stacking classes. I am hoping that performance yesterday will pay some big dividends in recruiting. WR candidates gotta be salivating watching that game.
Heupel has done an incredible job with the hand he was dealt. He is a full year ahead of what most fans could have expected. Give the man a full set of four classes and we will be baked back into consistent relevance. In the meantime, enjoy the fact that teams that have owned us at least have to take us seriously again. And enjoy the HECK out of the wins we pick up now. And enjoy the fact that you don’t get that sinking feeling of terror every time a Vol offense steps onto the field but actually look forward to the play
Go Vols
Alabama delenda est
We need help from the portal for next season.

Reactions: OrangeTsar

VN Store

Back