The murder of Ahmaud Arbery

So their plan was to get into a physical altercation with him so he could get his hand on their own weapon and then shoot him?

I'm not saying they should be found innocent of anything. Just that I think it's a safe assumption that if he made no attempt to start a physical altercation with the guy from the truck there would have been no shooting. They'd already called the cops. What justification would they have had prior to this for shooting a guy suspected of breaking into houses? Especially when it's being recorded?
He just "imagines" that white people are like this

So their plan was to get into a physical altercation with him so he could get his hand on their own weapon and then shoot him?

I'm not saying they should be found innocent of anything. Just that I think it's a safe assumption that if he made no attempt to start a physical altercation with the guy from the truck there would have been no shooting. They'd already called the cops. What justification would they have had prior to this for shooting a guy suspected of breaking into houses? Especially when it's being recorded?

They exited the vehicle and pointed guns at him. The situation was escalating. I'm not going to assume they were going to open fire without aggression, but I'm not going to say they were gonna wait on the cops long enough to not do something stupid. Clearly, none of these folks were intellectual titans. You had 2 Rickies and a man in the apex of fear and fight/flight.

I'm sure you do, but it doesn't change what i'm saying...There is a lot of crime, sex offenders, prostitutes, homeless, and druggies who constantly commit crimes in that area. If you don't believe that to be true, you simply are naive or oblivious to facts

I just posted the same ****ing map you used, dude. It had 4 crimes in it, and all of them were on Broadway.

The houses here aren't 400k+ because they're pretty. It's the best neighborhood within miles of downtown. Sequoyah Hills and Holston Hills are your nearest next options.

Here's an interesting hypothetical: what if the runner was armed? I could be wrong, but I feel like if two gun wielders approached you, there wouldn't be too much argument for the use of lethal force. There have obviously been a lot of less threatening encounters that led to "justified" lethal force.

I would imagine that's standard procedure. Do 911 operators ever tell someone to pursue a suspected criminal? Would they risk that liability?
Lulz. I don't know, but I would think you're correct. But it seems if they had done as they were told, dude wouldn't have attacked them and gotten shot. Jmo.

They exited the vehicle and pointed guns at him. The situation was escalating. I'm not going to assume they were going to open fire without aggression, but I'm not going to say they were gonna wait on the cops long enough to not do something stupid. Clearly, none of these folks were intellectual titans. You had 2 Rickies and a man in the apex of fear and fight/flight.
Again, there is NO EVIDENCE they EVER pointed guns at him...You are making this stuff up in your mind as you go along

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200507-113303_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200507-113303_Chrome.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 1
And again, from your map.

You should just stop. You are clearly out of your element.

I'm done using your own sources to disprove your claims. It's detracting from the topic and I'm obviously arguing with someone beneath my own stock. It's a waste of my time.
Your stock is a failed history major who pours drinks...let's get real here...:cool:
You didn't disprove anything, i know that area well because i used to work in East Knoxville. That neighborhood is a mix of criminals, mentally ill, homeless, and a small group of younger libs trying to "remake" the area by gentrification because of how cheap the area is. There was a shooting there last month probably not two blocks from your house.

I don't care if you choose to live there, that is your right, but don't act there is no crime there, because you are either being oblivious or outright lying about it

Seems to me like once they called the cops that kinda takes away their intent imo. The only way any guns being fired could be justified is if there is a physical struggle over who controls the weapon.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
He was obviously being threatened. I'm pretty sure it's not legal to threaten someone with a gun, and since they were civilians, neither of the two men had the lawful authority to detain the guy. You're making a bull **** argument. Those two men violated the law and someone ended up dead. They should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. This is not self defense because their actions created the imminent danger.

EXACTLY!!!

Seems to me like once they called the cops that kinda takes away their intent imo. The only way any guns being fired could be justified is if there is a physical struggle over who controls the weapon.
i agree with this, no matter how stupid the two guys were, calling 911 showed their intent to identify the suspect.

The only need for shooting came when the suspect attacked them and tried to steal their gun.

Seems like when they called 911, they should have backed off and let the police do their job, as they were instructed to do.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
No you didn't. He quoted what you said. You lie and deceive so much.
So are you saying i didn't post this? Because it's clearly there

"Again, there is NO EVIDENCE they EVER pointed guns at him...You are making this stuff up in your mind as you go along"

i agree with this, no matter how stupid the two guys were, calling 911 showed their intent to identify the suspect.

The only need for shooting came when the suspect attacked them and tried to steal their gun.
Their actions directly led to another's death. Manslaughter. The intent argument only works for a murder charge IMO.

Here's an interesting hypothetical: what if the runner was armed? I could be wrong, but I feel like if two gun wielders approached you, there wouldn't be too much argument for the use of lethal force. There have obviously been a lot of less threatening encounters that led to "justified" lethal force.
@Rickyvol77 play devil's advocate with me bro.

Intent doesn't matter for manslaughter
I'm just saying this in regards to a statement made earlier on "would he still be alive if he hadn't made a grab for the shotgun." Would the guys in the truck have shot otherwise? I think it's a fair assumption to say no.

You assume he would still be alive if he hadn't attempted to disarm the man.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Their actions directly led to another's death. Manslaughter. The intent argument only works for a murder charge IMO.
I also thought it was interesting that the DA stated one of the reasons for not charging, was because there was no way of knowing if the suspect actually fatally shot himself by pulling the trigger on the gun while trying to get it away from the son.

Reactions: Purple Tiger

VN Store

Back