The most Tennessee thing ever.

Gotta find a way to beat Vandy without a defense and backup QB. I’ll admit I’ll be impressed if he figures it out but I seriously doubt it happens at this point
If we have JBanks back, we will have some defense. As for the backup QB ... we'll just have to see. But we should still whip Vandy in the trenches. If we don't, shame on us.

Jordan Davis, Eric Stokes, and lots of other 3 stars have been drafted. So yeah, Kirby could and has done it with 3 stars. Dan Jackson, a walk-on, was a starter in our secondary last year and this season prior to getting hurt.

Ladd McConkey is a 3 star as well.
Lol...You take away the 19 5 stars off the 21 team your just another team. Go peddle your ******** somewhere else.

Reactions: TN1111
Phil Fulmer always won the November games.
yep but can’t compare different eras directly. I remember Vanderbilt , SC, and Kentucky all being weaker then. Some years almost beat us at least Kentucky and Vandy

So, in other words, any loss to you is automatically considered a "choke". Never mind that there's a team on the other side and that performances with athletes, especially college kids, can have a ton of variance. There were some tough losses in that group, but losing a game and choking aren't always synonymous. Sounds like any loss you really took hard was automatically a choke job.

I listed less than half the season, in most those games we either had late lead that we choked away or we were the favorite.

Gotta find a way to beat Vandy without a defense and backup QB. I’ll admit I’ll be impressed if he figures it out but I seriously doubt it happens at this point
I’m with you, everything is pointing toward a implosion ending season. Anybody that says this isn’t the most Tennessee thing hasn’t followed Tennessee lol. But let’s see if huepel can figure this out and get us to a 10 win season.

Agree with that....Hate Bama with the best of them but they have handled it well being the hunted game after game for several years.....UT right now is having trouble playing as the hunted and not the hunter....We will get there I'm sure but it takes time.
Be harder to get there though when your staring up at Georgia and Kirby for years to come

Reactions: Clayton
I swear it doesn’t matter if we beat Florida,Alabama,lsu in a season. We could start the season 9-0 but we would find a way to lose against South Carolina and Vanderbilt 😂😂.
It’s not funny but good lord only Tennessee could beat those teams, and find a way to get blown out against South Carolina and lose our starting qb in the process of playing for a playoff spot.

I think this weekend is gonna tell us a lot about Heupel, as bad as it hurts to say, this vandy game is huge for us. Can Huepel right the ship and get the team together after this?? Or are we going to see what the other coaches would do and let this season totally implode?
I will say I believe coach Huepel and I think he’s gonna take the steps necessary to removing the toxicity and make some coaching changes in the offseason.!! GBO!!
Can't take anything from this week. Heupel just needs to flip this roster and get his players in here. Right now he has to play the hand he's dealt.

Reactions: DMichel123
Can't take anything from this week. Heupel just needs to flip this roster and get his players in here. Right now he has to play the hand he's dealt.
Agreed, he did name drop Tim banks in his press conference tho and he never does that. Pretty much saying tim couldn’t stop SCs offense.

Man I hope so, the defense hopefully comes out fired up and ready to play. Lots of questions about Milton for me. The defense is gonna have to step up.
I think Joe will do alright he just needs to settle down he seems to amped up sometimes. Get him in some run plays and settle him down early in the game our offensive line needs to play better against Vandy.

We were supposed to "boat race" a "trash" uscjr, too. Team better come ready to battle. Vandy is going to be just as hyped as the gamecocks were.
I expect a much better defensive performance. There QB is mobile and that does concern me. Having Banks back should help

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Glad to see you’ve come around to seeing the greatness of Kirby Smart.
Get the fk off our board yall Jawja fans are unbelievable, Tennessee lives in your heads 24/7 why in the world are you here barking that **** to us.. we don’t care.. bye get gone..

Reactions: sami
I swear it doesn’t matter if we beat Florida,Alabama,lsu in a season. We could start the season 9-0 but we would find a way to lose against South Carolina and Vanderbilt 😂😂.
It’s not funny but good lord only Tennessee could beat those teams, and find a way to get blown out against South Carolina and lose our starting qb in the process of playing for a playoff spot.

I think this weekend is gonna tell us a lot about Heupel, as bad as it hurts to say, this vandy game is huge for us. Can Huepel right the ship and get the team together after this?? Or are we going to see what the other coaches would do and let this season totally implode?
I will say I believe coach Huepel and I think he’s gonna take the steps necessary to removing the toxicity and make some coaching changes in the offseason.!! GBO!!
get rid of any of Beldar Cornbreads players that are left on defense

Reactions: Volz4lif3
The defense that showed up for the Kentucky game and 2nd half of Missouri would help

Reactions: BowlBrother85
"This is the Most ___ Thing Ever," is an over-used template for fan bases who want to feel sorry for themselves. I'm a big Dallas Cowboys fan and I just came from their site. They have a "It Would Be the most Dallas Thing Ever," thread on the prospect of losing on Thanksgiving to the Giants, after playing their best game in 5 or 6 years today.

I think Saturday's game comes down to whether or not we can run the ball effectively on 1st down. We have to stay out of 3rd and long and we shouldn't be trying to play at 90 mph with Milton either. I think Tennessee can win an ugly 28-23 type game. It won't impress anyone .. but who cares?

Reactions: sami

VN Store

Back