The most heartbreaking Tennessee Football loss according to you?

Yeah, I hate Florida. I hate them with a passion so all losses are painful. Not only because of living here amongst the Fairweather swamp dwellers, but because of all the Volgators here on VN. But after the OK outcome, that Florida game just had something...I can't explain.

Anyway, there's alot of heartbreakers and many that should make more sense to hurt more. But that's the one that always comes to mind first.

For all the reasons to hate on Butch, that's my biggest one.
Yeah I hate Florida they are my most hated “rival.” Beating them only once in 17 years, when they’ve had teams just as bad or worse than ours, is what gets me the most. I mean they have dominated us more in the past 20 years than Alabama if you think about it.

Reactions: Behr
Late to the party, and this may have been said-this needs to be a poll. LOL I was in the Georgia Dome for the 2001 LSU game. That was brutal. Would have been playing for our 2nd National Championship in 3 years.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Late to the party, and this may have been said-this needs to be a poll. LOL I was in the Georgia Dome for the 2001 LSU game. That was brutal. Would have been playing for our 2nd National Championship in 3 years.
I was there too. I don't like to remember it. The worst part is, it was my little brothers first UT game.

Reactions: OrangeU
Most devastating from a UF fan perspective:

1995 Nebraska. UF’s first national title game, clobbered and embarrassed.

1993 FSU. Warrick Dunn broke our hearts in the Swamp.

2001 Tennessee. Greatest Florida team to not win a championship, arguably better than some other championship teams. Spurrier’s last game at the Swamp and probably the best I’ve ever seen a Tennessee team play.
I thought only Tennessee fans experienced heartbreaking loses.

Ouch on 2001 LSU being your brother's first game (wouldn't quote you for whatever reason from laptop).... I remember riding down the interstate to the game, and UT fans having ''Rose Bowl Bound'' stuff on the windows, and one guy even held up roses as we were honking the horn, passing each other by flying our UT gear. I thought we were gonna boat race them.

I think we probably would've gotten boat raced by Miami anyway but yeah, losing the SEC Championship to LSU in comeback fashion like that was rough. Especially after we had knocked their starting QB and RB out of the game and when everyone in the dome except John Chavis knew that Mauck was going to QB sneak it up the middle!

You're probably right, Brave... That Miami team was really good. I just would have liked the shot. To be in the mix that soon after the 1998 championship
would've been huge..

Ouch on 2001 LSU being your brother's first game (wouldn't quote you for whatever reason from laptop).... I remember riding down the interstate to the game, and UT fans having ''Rose Bowl Bound'' stuff on the windows, and one guy even held up roses as we were honking the horn, passing each other by flying our UT gear. I thought we were gonna boat race them.
I remember getting on Marta and riding down to the dome and everyone was singing Rocky Top and the LSU fans on the train looked nervous as hell. After the game, that was the longest marta ride I've been on. LSU fans were chanting L-S-U the entire ride.

Reactions: OrangeU
2001 SEC Championship loss to LSU. A win and we play for the NC.

The '99 loss to Florida is a close second because I was in the swamp that night, with my dad. UT scored late and Deon Grant had a great interception to give the Vols a chance, down by two. The Gators stopped Jamal Lewis on 4th down as they were outside of FG range and sealed the victory.

Wyoming, Homecoming 2008. Disgraceful. We were one year removed from the SECCG. GA St was horrific, but we had already sucked ass for years by then.

Reactions: Border Vol
The 1998 loss to Arkansas that dropped us from #1 and out of the National Championship Game...........no wait!

Reactions: n_huffhines
I've never seen so many inexplicable plays in the span of 15 minutes:
UGA drops a true freshman QB back to pass in the endzone and gets strip sacked!?
We let a guy get behind the secondary with :20 to go!?
UGA kicks off short to Evan Berry - the only guy in the stadium that can hurt them.
Don’t forget the dumb penalty by McGraw that put Dobbs within striking distance, keep your hat on kid.

VN Store

Back