The Morning After – Sober Reflections Week 13

UTFranklinVol

My first thoughts: It was the Joe Milton show as the Tennessee quarterback and future Pahokee Florida Sports Hall of Famer threw for 383 yards and 4 touchdowns to pad his stats and more importantly so that years from now future VolNation posters can argue that he wasn’t actually as bad as you remember. Tennessee scored a bunch of points against Vandy who did their best Butch Jones impersonation and didn’t win a single SEC game.

On second thought:
  1. Vandy was a terrible team and Tennessee won a game that was pre-ordained to be a victory before it was even played. The Vols finish at 8-4 which most VolNation posters will tell you is “exactly where I thought they would finish” even though they really predicted 10-2 or 6-6 .
  2. For the first time this year (I think) Tennessee rushed for less than 200 yards and won the game.
  3. I figured our defense would play more aggressive and record a lot of sacks but the last few games they just show up and collect a paycheck. They didn’t play bad but they didn’t play well either.
  4. Dee Williams AKA Fumble McFumblefingers is a senior. Not sure if he gets to come back but if you see him at Publix don’t ask him to get anything off the high shelf for you!
Looking ahead:
Tennessee will await it’s future meaningless “we need the extra practice” bowl game. My only hope is that Nico gets to start the game and Joe sits and polishes up his NFL buzz reel full of wildly overthrown passes and submitting his resume as the assistant manager at the AutoZone.

Oh, Josh Heupel. Joshy Josh, my boy. You were strutting your stuff last year like a peacock in heat but the whole country just saw you step in that pothole and break your ankle. Or at the very least suffer a bad sprain. You will now spend the offseason in a metaphorical walking boot in the eyes of the nation and the eyes of recruits. Next season, will you be the strutter or the gimp? Hey now I have that song Strutter in my head. I wonder how Gene Simmons is doing these days.

Anywho, see you later 2023. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Can’t actually disagree with any of that. Problems exist because the effort to solve them is actually the fun part. We as a team, just like every team, have plenty of problems. The key to eventual success is how we go about solving these problems before we start working on the new problems most likely created by the solutions we put in place to solve the old problems. Let’s solve some problems and enjoy the off season.

Reactions: Hbg and 87&91ALUM
I understand the disappointment over 2023. But then I reflect on how pre Heupel Teams would have absolutely disintegrated and checked out after adversity. This team suffered injury after injury; disappointing losses, and hostile refs. They still wound up with eight wins. So disappointed but still hopeful and seeing a bright future, especially when I see some of the talent this next class has on tap.
Nico will have Tennessee’s highest rated WR EVER to throw to soon. And the five star edge rusher we have coming in.
The future is bright. Cant WAIT to see Boo Carter in orange too

My first thoughts: It was the Joe Milton show as the Tennessee quarterback and future Pahokee Florida Sports Hall of Famer threw for 383 yards and 4 touchdowns to pad his stats and more importantly so that years from now future VolNation posters can argue that he wasn’t actually as bad as you remember. Tennessee scored a bunch of points against Vandy who did their best Butch Jones impersonation and didn’t win a single SEC game.

On second thought:
  1. Vandy was a terrible team and Tennessee won a game that was pre-ordained to be a victory before it was even played. The Vols finish at 8-4 which most VolNation posters will tell you is “exactly where I thought they would finish” even though they really predicted 10-2 or 6-6 .
  2. For the first time this year (I think) Tennessee rushed for less than 200 yards and won the game.
  3. I figured our defense would play more aggressive and record a lot of sacks but the last few games they just show up and collect a paycheck. They didn’t play bad but they didn’t play well either.
  4. Dee Williams AKA Fumble McFumblefingers is a senior. Not sure if he gets to come back but if you see him at Publix don’t ask him to get anything off the high shelf for you!
Looking ahead:
Tennessee will await it’s future meaningless “we need the extra practice” bowl game. My only hope is that Nico gets to start the game and Joe sits and polishes up his NFL buzz reel full of wildly overthrown passes and submitting his resume as the assistant manager at the AutoZone.

Oh, Josh Heupel. Joshy Josh, my boy. You were strutting your stuff last year like a peacock in heat but the whole country just saw you step in that pothole and break your ankle. Or at the very least suffer a bad sprain. You will now spend the offseason in a metaphorical walking boot in the eyes of the nation and the eyes of recruits. Next season, will you be the strutter or the gimp? Hey now I have that song Strutter in my head. I wonder how Gene Simmons is doing these days.

Thank goodness I don’t know you. What a miserable person you must be…

Thank goodness I don’t know you. What a miserable person you must be…
Legions of the miserable for sure. I am a (recovering) member myself.
If people can’t see the change in culture since Heupel arrived they will have trouble NOT being miserable.
I am excited to see 2024 and especially 2025. Heup has shown he know how to develop the talent he gets

On second thought:
Looking ahead:

what's the point of even being a fan of you hate your team this much. stop wearing orange

On second thought:
Looking ahead:

Still drunk this morning? Must live a miserable life..........

I understand the disappointment over 2023. But then I reflect on how pre Heupel Teams would have absolutely disintegrated and checked out after adversity. This team suffered injury after injury; disappointing losses, and hostile refs. They still wound up with eight wins. So disappointed but still hopeful and seeing a bright future, especially when I see some of the talent this next class has on tap.
Nico will have Tennessee’s highest rated WR EVER to throw to soon. And the five star edge rusher we have coming in.
It’s nice to be a place where 8-4 is disappointing.

I'm thinking OP might be placed in same category as D4H, which is alienation in it's purist form.

Where is Carter expected to play in the secondary? The reason I ask is that I heard a list of players who did not participate in senior day and it included....McDonald.

Reactions: BruisedOrange

VN Store

Back