The military purge stepping up

You're trying to compare a single unit in the French Army to the military of a major world power ? Apples and oranges.

Do those goalposts get heavy moving them all the time?

It’s not apples to oranges, our own Marine Corp always made their recruiting goals (until recently) when their advertising portrayed them as warriors.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
With a volunteer military you're always in competition with private employers. Patriotism only carries you so far. When a 2nd Class Petty Office (E-5) with a wife and 2 kids still has to use a local food bank, you're not paying them enough. You're not rewarding their service, you're penalizing them for it.

We've had 30+ years of public education teaching our kids that America is the enemy, we now have woke training in the military. I wouldn't blame anyone for not joining.

We've had 30+ years of public education teaching our kids that America is the enemy, we now have woke training in the military. I wouldn't blame anyone for not joining.
Plus teachers and our education system convincing young people that the military isn't a good option for young people. Then you have corporations that overall don't value what you did while you served. So the option most veterans have when they get out is to start over fresh even though they already have valuable skills they bring to the workplace. Their valuable skills aren't being used right away. These are all facts.

Reactions: SlipKidVol
With a volunteer military you're always in competition with private employers. Patriotism only carries you so far. When a 2nd Class Petty Office (E-5) with a wife and 2 kids still has to use a local food bank, you're not paying them enough. You're not rewarding their service, you're penalizing them for it.

Between base pay, BAH and separate rats that E-5 stationed in Norfolk with 4 years service makes almost $63K per year now. Not bad for someone in their early 20s without a specialized degree.

Reactions: 825VOL
I'm telling you guys, unless The USA sees a radical cultural transformation, it doesnt last another 100 years. At least not in the sense as we know it. Nero is warming up his fiddle.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Plus teachers and our education system convincing young people that the military isn't a good option for young people. Then you have corporations that overall don't value what you did while you served. So the option most veterans have when they get out is to start over fresh even though they already have valuable skills they bring to the workplace. Their valuable skills aren't being used right away. These are all facts.
Those aren't facts. The way the military has been used for the past 2-3 generations to enrich the mic is a huge turnoff. Join up and go to Afg isn't a great recruiting slogan. I wouldn't want my kids to go into it. If you get skills that translate they'll be valued. If you have no skills then just serving won't get you far. No different than any other resume filler

Those aren't facts. The way the military has been used for the past 2-3 generations to enrich the mic is a huge turnoff. Join up and go to Afg isn't a great recruiting slogan. I wouldn't want my kids to go into it. If you get skills that translate they'll be valued. If you have no skills then just serving won't get you far. No different than any other resume filler
There are plenty of valuable skills gained while serving in the military. You can thru the list of every single MOS in the Marine Corps for example to see what skills people learn while they are in. One problem is that people have certain stereotypes about the military when in reality each branch is equivalent to a large corporation. Every job needed to run a large corporation is also in the military.

Sounds like you're a tad bit ignorant on the subject.

LMAO oh yeah. DOCTOR Jill Biden is a sturdy moral pillar of virtue that cheated on her husband and let her boyfriend wreck her husbands vette. Guess who the boyfriend is nature boy? 🤡

Hello, Northie, hurling another whataboutism, tantrum, I see.
161-1617645_vector-illustration-of-self-centered-frustrated-businessman-man.png

There are plenty of valuable skills gained while serving in the military. You can thru the list of every single MOS in the Marine Corps for example to see what skills people learn while they are in. One problem is that people have certain stereotypes about the military when in reality each branch is equivalent to a large corporation. Every job needed to run a large corporation is also in the military.

Sounds like you're a tad bit ignorant on the subject.
If I sound ignorant it's because you don't know what you're talking about. Doubtful you review many resumes or conduct interviews. I know guys who got it after 20 with no real skills to speak of. I also knew guys who got out after less who used it to further their career.

If there is a skill that translates to a job being applied for then it will be seen as an asset. If it doesn't apply then it won't. Simply serving but not having the necessary education or skills isn't necessarily seen as a positive for any employer.

If I sound ignorant it's because you don't know what you're talking about. Doubtful you review many resumes or conduct interviews. I know guys who got it after 20 with no real skills to speak of. I also knew guys who got out after less who used it to further their career.

If there is a skill that translates to a job being applied for them it will be seen as an asset. If it doesn't apply them it won't. Simply serving but not having the necessary education or skills isn't necessarily seen as a positive for any employer.
Perhaps it's because you don't value what they did AND you probably never will. People like you are part of the problem. It's never too late to become more educated yourself.

Perhaps it's because you don't value what they did AND you probably never will. People like you are part of the problem. It's never too late to become more educated yourself.
What did they do and how do those skills relate to the job? Just saying they served means nothing without details

But you did tell me to educate myself on something you know nothing about. I've been Donjo'd

Reactions: TRUEFANVol
Between base pay, BAH and separate rats that E-5 stationed in Norfolk with 4 years service makes almost $63K per year now. Not bad for someone in their early 20s without a specialized degree.

Yeah, someone hasn't been keeping up with the military party charts in recent years...

Reactions: hog88

If there is a skill that translates to a job being applied for then it will be seen as an asset. If it doesn't apply then it won't. Simply serving but not having the necessary education or skills isn't necessarily seen as a positive for any employer.

The infantry is probably the least transferable MOS to civilian occupation in the military but even with that said former infantrymen have traits that make them exceptional employees. For the most part that is, there are exceptions.

You need to look up what that actually means Nature Boi. I directly attacked your assertion of the morals and virtues of the current First Lady because we all know you are FOS.

We? Oh, you mean the RickyVol gang? You guys love me, it's why you follow me around the forum, and post at me so often. It's interesting how you guys like playing with poop, you talk about it a lot. Now, be sure to wash your hands with Lysol, dry them in Clorox, and to ascertain you have fully satinized, those hands, dip them into a Cumbre Vieja fissure vent. JFYI, playing with poop is unhealthy to begin with, you might want to find another pastime. Also, licking your fingers is even worse. I know, I know, you guys love me but take it down a notch, you're getting too obsessed.

Last edited:

Yeah, plus all of the other benefits (health care, gym, MWR, etc) that you get paid for as well or way cheaper.

Gas was around what 80 cents a gallon in 1994? You could also purchase every item on taco bell's menu for 4 dollars too.

True but I think military pay has gotten to a livable amount these days. Just like in civilian life bad decisions are expensive.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
True but I think military pay has gotten to a livable amount these days. Just like in civilian life bad decisions are expensive.

Oh I agree with you. Just making an observation about expenses back then. I was 11 years old in 94.

We? Oh, you mean the RickyVol gang? You guys love me, it's why you follow me around the forum, and post at me so often. It's interesting how you guys like playing with poop, you talk about it a lot. Now, be sure to wash your hands with Lysol, dry them in Clorox, and to ascertain you have fully satinized, those hands, dip them into a Cumbre Vieja fissure vent. JFYI, playing with poop is unhealthy to begin with, you might want to find another pastime. Also, licking your fingers is even worse. I know, I know, you guys love me but take it down a notch, you're getting too obsessed.
🤡
EE58C130-8B7D-48FA-A846-F72DA900227C.jpeg

Reactions: Carl Pickens

Northie, this will be the final exchange between you and me. You're repetitious unimaginative. I now, honestly believe you're a 13 years old thing shunned by your schoolmates. That you lack an original thought in not just your head, but your entire body. I fully expect you to sign onto VN under another screen name to continue getting your jollies following me around the forum to post your repetitive ineffective attempts to be creative in your attempts at banter and smack talk. It would be fine if you exhibited some level of imagination, you just don't. Here's your final grade before I abandon you as a hopeless failure.

1656518848565.png

Last edited:
Northie, this will be the final exchange between you and me. You're repetitious unimaginative. I now, honestly believe you're a 13 years old thing shunned by your schoolmates. That you lack an original thought in not just your head, but your entire body. I fully expect you to sign onto VN under another screen name to continue getting your jollies following me around the forum to post your repetitive ineffective attempts to be creative in your attempts at banter and smack talk. It would be fine if you exhibited some level of imagination, you just don't. Here's your final grade before I abandon you as a hopeless failure.

View attachment 468275
TLDR. The real fail here nature clown is you necro’ed a year plus old post that triggered your unintelligent ass and used it to stupidly expound on the virtues of a woman shown to be an opportunistic piece of trash🤡

Reactions: Carl Pickens
If one company pays $35k annually and respects you but the other company pays $41.5k annually and your manager calls you a jackazz daily which one will you more likely going enjoy and go all out for? Money is not a long term motivator. It's the esteem you get being in a role.
Are you in management or HR?

VN Store

Back