The meltdown that is happening on the Vandy message boards

Yep... I never had a problem with Vandy and actually kind of pulled for them prior to the past few years. They were kind of like loveable losers. I guess I never really read comments from their fans though until they started having a little bit of success. All they do is trash Tennessee fans and the Vols. So for that, I'll take pleasure in seeing them back in last place as their program falls apart.

I'm surprised more of them haven't voiced concerns about ending up with 0 recruits. There's 26 days til national signing day and they can't even officially hire a coach because Franklin has yet to officially sign with Penn State. Most of the recruits are going to Vanderbilt to play for Franklin and with him gone, they'll have no desire to go to a bottom feeder like Vanderbilt. So, not only is their entire class going to fall apart but their next coach is going to have no time at all to recruit. Vanderbilt's run that made their fans pretentious pricks is over. Hope they enjoyed their 3 years because it will probably be another 30 years before they come close to sniffing 9 wins.

I felt this was back in the early 2000s when they were just beyond pathetic and we were still pretty relevant. That is until I found that wasteland that is VandyMania and read what those morons said. They literally did nothing but trash talk UT, and of course anyone that tried to talk back either got banned and/or their posts deleted. That's why the DonYates guy is the biggest putz on the internet.

Also if you went to any Vandy basketball game at Memorial Gym up to about 5-6 years ago, your hate meter would explode. That used to be one of the worst places to watch a game for a visiting fan. Vandy fans used to pack the place and they seriously were some of the worst fans I've ever been around. Now the place is as dull as the football stadium.

Reactions: 3 people
The bad news for Vandy is they are probably going to lose 60-75% of their fan base with Franklin.....the good news is that's only going to be like 400-500 people.

They can make that up with a few good t-shirt/ticket promotions!

The bad news for Vandy is they are probably going to lose 60-75% of their fan base with Franklin.....the good news is that's only going to be like 400-500 people.

And 90% of their recruits.

Reactions: 1 person

Where the heck are they going to find 5K to replace that?

Franklin actually talked crap about how you can't find Vanderbilt apparel because everyone buys it and Tennessee apparel is on the clearance rack because nobody buys it. What they fail realize is, it's because they only make 500 Vandy shirts while they make 500,000 Tennessee shirts.

Reactions: 7 people
Anchor down means your ship isn't going anywhere. Just like Vandy's football program...

Reactions: 9 people
Vandy fans used to pack the place and they seriously were some of the worst fans I've ever been around. Now the place is as dull as the football stadium.

My first UT game at Neyland was the 1987 Vanderbilt game. We won the game, but we were down 20-3 at one point, and their fans acted like some of the most obnoxious blowhards you'll ever encounter.

I've despised them ever since, and I've basked in the schadenfreude whenever they've experienced a setback.

Sweet mother of god. Drinking started extra early in Nashville.

We'll have a very good coach and staff in here soon. Vanderbilt will keep recruiting well. Vanderbilt will continue to work toward upgrading facilities. Our players are talented, and we are not going back to the SOV days. Our players will not let ut at knoxville win in Nashville in 2014. I can't wait to see the players take us to another bowl a year from now. Life after the old coach is going to be fine.

We may be losing our coach, but Vanderbilt Football has been all over the sports news for weeks!

Everyone has been talking about how Vanderbilt has risen up to be a power in the Southeastern Conference. Vanderbilt finished in the Top 25 two years in a row. We've got three solid years of recruits -- some of whom haven't even played yet. Eight home games next year gives us a great chance to make a bowl for the fourth year in a row.

Vanderbilt will get an excellent coach and be very good for a very long time.

I guess when you only get 6 winning seasons over 60 years..you cherish the s*** out of them.

Never Seen 1000+ on the board -

Just sad.

James Franklin is a man of honor, integrity and great character...

Come on....

Week 1: vs Temple - W
Week 2: vs Ole Miss - W/L?
Week 3: vs UMass - W
Week 4: vs South Carolina - W/L (aren't they losing a lot of talent too?)
Week 5: at Kentucky - W
Week 6: at UGA - L/W
Week 7: vs Charleston Southern W
Week 8: bye
Week 9: at Mizzou - L/W (not sure who they're losing)
Week 10: vs Old Dominion - W
Week 11: vs Florida - W/L
Week 12: bye
Week 13: at Miss State - W
Week 14: vs Tennessee - W

Rosy scenario: 10-2 or 11-1?
Not so rosy scenario: 8-4

I hope CBJ see's this stuff.

Remember when I said it is not over?
It's over.
This guy get's it. Bottom dwelling will ensue.

Reactions: 4 people
Sweet mother of god. Drinking started extra early in Nashville.

Week 1: vs Temple - W
Week 2: vs Ole Miss - W/L?
Week 3: vs UMass - W
Week 4: vs South Carolina - W/L (aren't they losing a lot of talent too?)
Week 5: at Kentucky - W
Week 6: at UGA - L/W
Week 7: vs Charleston Southern W
Week 8: bye
Week 9: at Mizzou - L/W (not sure who they're losing)
Week 10: vs Old Dominion - W
Week 11: vs Florida - W/L
Week 12: bye
Week 13: at Miss State - W
Week 14: vs Tennessee - W

Rosy scenario: 10-2 or 11-1?
Not so rosy scenario: 8-4

I'm not sure that prediction is entirely alcohol based. Looks to be something a little more illegal being used.

Do they not realize their entire offense is GONE? And by that I mean Jordan Matthews. They will be in major, major rebuilding mode next year.

UGA=L
UF=L
USC=L
Ole Miss=L
Mizzou=L
UT=L

Their only hope of making a bowl is beating Miss St.

I felt this was back in the early 2000s when they were just beyond pathetic and we were still pretty relevant. That is until I found that wasteland that is VandyMania and read what those morons said. They literally did nothing but trash talk UT, and of course anyone that tried to talk back either got banned and/or their posts deleted. That's why the DonYates guy is the biggest putz on the internet.

Also if you went to any Vandy basketball game at Memorial Gym up to about 5-6 years ago, your hate meter would explode. That used to be one of the worst places to watch a game for a visiting fan. Vandy fans used to pack the place and they seriously were some of the worst fans I've ever been around. Now the place is as dull as the football stadium.

I've tried to tell people who didn't really know about Vandy fans that you'll know if we ever lose to them. They harbor a deep seated resentment towards UT. Almost like it's a mental disease. And these are from the idiots who actually went to school there. You'd think they'd be able to distinguish between real life and sports, but they are some of the most petty, delusional morons of any fan base. I suppose when you have been beaten to a pulp so many times by UT it makes you that way, but good grief, some of them over there are beyond pathetic.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back