The Makings of an Upset: UT v UF

Stay with me...

This is setting up to be Heup’s signature win. Let’s explore this week and next week to prep us for uf.

This week: Richardson tweaked a hamstring, meaning Emory Jones is probably the guy we will face. That is good news for us. Richardson is Cam Jr. On our side, Milton got hurt, opening the door for Hooker to come in and hopefully this means he will get the start against TTU and be prepped for UF. The qb situation has worked completely in our favor.

Next week: UF gets bama and is gonna get beat up. We get an easy W where we rest and work out some kinks. The week before the game works totally in our favor as well. They are gonna limp into Neyland at night and we are gonna be fresh and ready. Heup is gonna have the team ready and Neyland is gonna be rockin’.

It sets up perfectly for a big upset. This team is different from the last couple of years. I know it sounds crazy following the loss to Pitt, but I’m calling it here! While we have a talent disadvantage, everything else is working in our favor.

*** Late Edit: I totally got uf confused with uga about playing at Neyland. Totally a brain fart. Still, some pieces are in place for an upset. Just need the ball to bounce our way a little.

It's like Spurrier once said, "Tennessee has been molested, and Florida is the creepy uncle that visits a little too often" or something like that.

I honestly feel better about the Florida game than I do about certainly Ole Miss, and even Kentucky. The Florida defense is not very good. They look better than last year, but they were awful last year on defense.

Offensively, it is their strength (running the ball) against our one strength on defense (stopping the run). I will feel much better against then if Emory Jones has to play the full game. If Richardson plays, it will not be close.

They beat USF by 22, but USF is also terrible. They lost 45-0 to a decent NC State team.
I don’t think we are in the same stratosphere as UF. Doesn’t mean we can’t shock the world. I feel better about catching a team sleeping w/ JH opposed to Pruitt, b/c, at least so far we have shown we can put some points on the board...which can always keep things interesting.

I don’t think we are in the same stratosphere as UF. Doesn’t mean we can’t shock the world. I feel better about catching a team sleeping w/ JH opposed to Pruitt, b/c, at least so far we have shown we can put some points on the board...which can always keep things interesting.
I'm not so much talking about where we are, and more so saying I don't think Florida is very good. Weak defense and flawed offense doesn't make for a good team. They are completely different with their backup QB in there though, Emory Jones will hold them back. He's thrown 4 interceptions in 49 attempts against bad teams. He can run, but that's about it. The backup has thrown for the same amount of TDs and only 70 less yards in 38 less attempts.

Stay with me...

This is setting up to be Heup’s signature win. Let’s explore this week and next week to prep us for uf.

This week: Richardson tweaked a hamstring, meaning Emory Jones is probably the guy we will face. That is good news for us. Richardson is Cam Jr. On our side, Milton got hurt, opening the door for Hooker to come in and hopefully this means he will get the start against TTU and be prepped for UF. The qb situation has worked completely in our favor.

Next week: UF gets bama and is gonna get beat up. We get an easy W where we rest and work out some kinks. The week before the game works totally in our favor as well. They are gonna limp into Neyland at night and we are gonna be fresh and ready. Heup is gonna have the team ready and Neyland is gonna be rockin’.

It sets up perfectly for a big upset. This team is different from the last couple of years. I know it sounds crazy following the loss to Pitt, but I’m calling it here! While we have a talent disadvantage, everything else is working in our favor.

*** Late Edit: I totally got uf confused with uga about playing at Neyland. Totally a brain fart. Still, some pieces are in place for an upset. Just need the ball to bounce our way a little.
Every damn year we hear the same BS from the same posters claiming this is the year that we beat Florida. Every damn year, we got absolutely throttled. We're nowhere close to beating Florida. We should be more concerned with beating South Carolina and Missouri.

Yes, and you will continue to do so, until UF once again becomes UT's ........ well you know........ I can't think of any term that might be PC.

Ha! Tennessee has been most everyone else's "......" for a long damn time. And yet, some of you still want to talk that crap. This is why when other team's fanbases make fun of ours, they have a point.

If I were a coach on UFs staff… I would take note that we were maybe 3-4 plays away in both our games from scoring 21-28 more points and blowing away our opponents. Football is a game of inches and we could certainly give UF a run.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
Steve Spurrier just said that he's really looking forward to a big reuinion of the 95 and 96 florida teams in florida next week for tennessee week.

After watching uf almost beat bama, I’ve decided to withdraw my upset prediction. I think our front 7 are gonna need some divine intervention to stop uf’s running attack.

I’ll hold on to the upset prediction for another game. Let’s just hope I can use it before Vandy.

Florida will aid the Vols cause. They will commit stupid penalties that will extend Tennessee drives, advance the ball towards their own goal, and create scoring opportunities for the Vols. They will commit egregious lapses in judgement, moving backwards and turning the ball over. Since Charlie Pell was their coach, team after team after team has played dirty and hurt themselves through arrogance, anger, and stupidity. This game, the Gators will become unhinged, andthe Vols will take advantage.

It could happen. Not saying it's going to but outside of UGA at the top and Vandy at the bottom, everyone else seems pretty indistinguishable so far in our division. The only things I am becoming sure of as each week passes is that Vandy probably won't win a conference game and it is entirely possible no one in the East even scores a touchdown against UGA's defense.
Fla will score on their defense and I could see KY getting on the board just based off their style of play.

After watching uf almost beat bama, I’ve decided to withdraw my upset prediction. I think our front 7 are gonna need some divine intervention to stop uf’s running attack.

I’ll hold on to the upset prediction for another game. Let’s just hope I can use it before Vandy.

I disagree. I am predicting an upset.

Just wait. Watch the game. then come on here. There will be a surplus of upset. Even if the Vol win. Somebody will have something to be upset about.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol

VN Store

Back