The Makings of an Upset: UT v UF

BlinghamptonVol

Stay with me...

This is setting up to be Heup’s signature win. Let’s explore this week and next week to prep us for uf.

This week: Richardson tweaked a hamstring, meaning Emory Jones is probably the guy we will face. That is good news for us. Richardson is Cam Jr. On our side, Milton got hurt, opening the door for Hooker to come in and hopefully this means he will get the start against TTU and be prepped for UF. The qb situation has worked completely in our favor.

Next week: UF gets bama and is gonna get beat up. We get an easy W where we rest and work out some kinks. The week before the game works totally in our favor as well. They are gonna limp into Neyland at night and we are gonna be fresh and ready. Heup is gonna have the team ready and Neyland is gonna be rockin’.

It sets up perfectly for a big upset. This team is different from the last couple of years. I know it sounds crazy following the loss to Pitt, but I’m calling it here! While we have a talent disadvantage, everything else is working in our favor.

*** Late Edit: I totally got uf confused with uga about playing at Neyland. Totally a brain fart. Still, some pieces are in place for an upset. Just need the ball to bounce our way a little.

Last edited:
We are going to get better, but let's go one at a time. People can't handle disappointment well, we have a ton to get better on. That don't mean we aren't capable of winning a few we shouldn't, but not like we played against Pitt, that doesn't mean we won't improve as the season goes and that's where the negative fans refuse to even imagine it happening but I do believe we will keep getting better. Our coaches have got to fix silly insane penalties and if our qb cannot hit open receivers and we can't get him to hit them it's time to change qb's. Our defense has had some bright spots and our offense despite shooting itself in the foot also did. Our special team defense played great. Jeremy Banks plays hard but he is going to get us beat in a close game with a senseless penalty unless the coaches flat out tell him to quit it. No more picking player up, you can drive to the ground you can't pick them up and slam them like wrestling. We beat ourselves against Pitt but we are a young team and we have a young staff. So for the folks already giving up on coaches after 2 games blah blah go somewhere else it's way to early for the pure crap talk coming out of your mouths. At least give the staff time, heck we knew there would be some level of growing pains. Our offensive playcalling has been fine minus a few plays and if simple execution had been made many complaining would be happy today. Yes, it hurts. I hope it's hurting the coaches and players as well knowing they left it on the table. Now we must re-focus and keep working on eliminating silly penalties and turnovers and a quarterback with some fire needs to emerge and be able to make passes that's why your there. Get to work coaches and players. GBO!!!!!

Stay with me...

This is setting up to be Heup’s signature win. Let’s explore this week and next week to prep us for uf.

This week: Richardson tweaked a hamstring, meaning Emory Jones is probably the guy we will face. That is good news for us. Richardson is Cam Jr. On our side, Milton got hurt, opening the door for Hooker to come in and hopefully this means he will get the start against TTU and be prepped for UF. The qb situation has worked completely in our favor.

Next week: UF gets bama and is gonna get beat up. We get an easy W where we rest and work out some kinks. The week before the game works totally in our favor as well. They are gonna limp into Neyland at night and we are gonna be fresh and ready. Heup is gonna have the team ready and Neyland is gonna be rockin’.

It sets up perfectly for a big upset. This team is different from the last couple of years. I know it sounds crazy following the loss to Pitt, but I’m calling it here! While we have a talent disadvantage, everything else is working in our favor.

Nah. Hope we do well though.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Two things wrong with the OP's hypothesis:

One, the Gators backup QB always (and, I mean, ALWAYS) shows out like a legit Heisman candidate against the Vols.

Two, the game is in the Swamp. Too many bad memories there.
It's the 20 year anniversary of Travis Stephens draining the Swamp. Other than that, it could get ugly.

I think it would improve our odds if they could somehow knock off Bama. They'd be thinking very highly of themselves and more likely to play down.

If they lose to Bama, they are going to be ticked off and focused. I don't think we can beat their 'A' game, if they bring it.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Stay with me...

If they limp into Neyland at night this bolds well for us. It probably means the entire team and staff are drunk because they showed up to the wrong stadium so we win by forfeit. A for effort 👌

Usually I'm not one to pull the true fan card, but some of you morans need to show up to the watch party with us at Neyland and help us pull this off.

Reactions: GroverCleveland

VN Store

Back