The look on Zakai's face

He's quite simply the most lovable Vol since...Lofton? Bradshaw? Just such an easy guy to cheer for and he deserves everything he gets be ause he's worked his butt off to get it, never made excuses, and is tough as nails.

On another note, watch his basketball IQ on display in between plays, or his awareness during play. He is constantly communicating with teammates. He recognizes when an opponent walks and motions it as he's still guarding him to let the officials know he saw it. He gently corrects teammates when a play goes wrong. He's just a natural leader.

He needs to draw one or more of those type fouls a game if guys are going to try and guard him full court. He’s too fast and too good a ball handler. Pull off a few more of those and he’ll be in the other pig’s heads. Seems like LT got one of those almost every game ( although I’m sure he didn’t)

He's quite simply the most lovable Vol since...Lofton? Bradshaw? Just such an easy guy to cheer for and he deserves everything he gets be ause he's worked his butt off to get it, never made excuses, and is tough as nails.

On another note, watch his basketball IQ on display in between plays, or his awareness during play. He is constantly communicating with teammates. He recognizes when an opponent walks and motions it as he's still guarding him to let the officials know he saw it. He gently corrects teammates when a play goes wrong. He's just a natural leader.

He's also quick to the scene to defend a teammate. I actually love that he was there for Fulky and Santi when the UK coach was acting a fool. After being able to watch the replay and a video from a friend from right behind it. the UK coach yelled something and pointed at something near Fulky or at Fulky and then stepped into Santi and went chest to chest with him. ZZ and Santi tried to walk by but he stuck his chest out to both of them and ZZ gave him the shove. He's got his teammates back.

He's also quick to the scene to defend a teammate. I actually love that he was there for Fulky and Santi when the UK coach was acting a fool. After being able to watch the replay and a video from a friend from right behind it. the UK coach yelled something and pointed at something near Fulky or at Fulky and then stepped into Santi and went chest to chest with him. ZZ and Santi tried to walk by but he stuck his chest out to both of them and ZZ gave him the shove. He's got his teammates back.
The league should suspend the ky midget from their bench for the rest of their season, Listen to what CRB said about it in the post game presser

I have a question as it relates to ZZ: What Vol in our past history was basically not recruited by anyone of significance and went on to make such a huge impact, particularly in their first year?

I don't recall any big time offers. Signing Lofton was one of the rare things Buzz got right. I am not sure if that Cincy offer was committable shown on his rivals page.

Chris Lofton, 2004 Point guard - Rivals.com
Seems like he had an early offer from Louisville as a junior, but he waited too long and they filled the spot. And it seems like Cincy wanted him to sign in the fall and he wanted to wait until spring, so they pulled the offer. This is based off of foggy memory, now, 18 years later.

I think he was possibly waiting on UK to extend him an offer, which explains why he waited so long.

Seems like he had an early offer from Louisville as a junior, but he waited too long and they filled the spot. And it seems like Cincy wanted him to sign in the fall and he wanted to wait until spring, so they pulled the offer. This is based off of foggy memory, now, 18 years later.

I think he was possibly waiting on UK to extend him an offer, which explains why he waited so long.

That 2004 class was saved by signing Lofton. Jajuan Smith at one time was a walk on before Pearl put him on scholarship right?

There was a moment under 2 minutes to go, when Kentucky had started fouling, and ZZ was doing this palms up "get louder" gesture to the student section while walking toward it for us to shoot free throws. I want to say it was Keion Brooks gave him a little shove, with his head down. And everyone knew it was over already, right? And when Kentucky knows they're beat and the outcome is already decided and they're pissed and chippy and ZZ is amping up the crowd, I mean, what more is there? Last night was a great, great environment and ZZ played directly to that.

VN Store

Back