The Leukemia came Back Nation

I feel for you, guy. It isn't leukemia but something equally dire with my wife, so I really feel for you. Just don't stop believing and let her know you're right beside her slinging leather at the foe all the way.
Brother I'm so sorry. If you want to talk I will gladly PM you my number and that goes for anyone else here too. I want to help anyway I can

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
I don't believe this and after everything you and your lovely wife have been through. Anytime you need ed_swafford@Hotmail.com. Thoughts have always been with you and family.
Thanks you so much brother. I'm holding up better this time. I just hate it for her. She had been on cloud 9 since her remission and this was a right hook. The positive is her bone marrow is still clear. So for as bad as things are it could have been worse.

Also she wanted me to tell yall that she loves the letters yall send

Our Address is 300 Ayers Street in Lexington TN 38351. Whenever she's down they lift her spirits so much
Laura sent us the sweetest card in response to our own. What a warrior! She & your family remain in thoughts & prayers.

Reactions: dduncan4163
I unfortunately have some experience in this particular field. It unfortunately had a negative ultimate outcome. Also my original home was 5 miles to the north of the academy. Beautiful place
Yeah brother It's a very aggressive Cancer. It moves so fast and can be so hard to fight back. Next year I've made a promise that me and him would get out there so he can tour the academy. Becoming a Military officer has been that boys dream from nearly his entire life. He LOVES ROTC and takes meticulous care of his uniform. I tried joing the Navy when I turned 18 but my skin conduction wouldn't allow it. We're both nuts for Military history lol.

He's had to grow up so fast these last 10 months and I know throwing himself into his passions is healthy and will pay off for him so much down the road.

I don't know what to say. I've never had to suffer like you are now. In a sense It'd almost be insulting for me to try to offer words of encouragement because I know next to nothing about how this actually feels. I'm praying for her. I hope she recovers with all my heart

I don't know what to say. I've never had to suffer like you are now. In a sense It'd almost be insulting for me to try to offer words of encouragement because I know next to nothing about how this actually feels. I'm praying for her. I hope she recovers with all my heart
You couldn't insult me. The kind words means more than you could ever know. Just knowing that I have a community here to turn to when I need them brings me, her and our kids real comfort. Like I said many times before Volnation is so much more than a Football board. This place is special. We're all a bring family. Heck we even got members from rival fan bases that's become part of our family. You won't find another fan board quite like this place.

Click here to support Laura’s fight against Leukemia organized by Dennis Duncan

Hey Nation I really wish I had better news to report of Laura's Leukemia has returned to her spinal fluid and brain. She told me over the weekend she had a mild headache and had gotten night sweats the last couple days. We were hoping it was just a bug but Monday we got word that it had returned. The bad news is the spinal fluid and brain is the hardest body to beat it back. The good news is she has beat it out of before. She went into her first spinal remission back in March months before she achieved her bone marrow remission. It's rare to get a second spinal remission but it isn't impossible. The odds may be long but she's already beaten longer odds by beating it out of her Brain, Spine, Kidneys, and Bone Marrow on top of beating back a MRSA infection from her arm, leg, heart and lungs. She's more determined than ever to beat this back.

Her chemo treatments have changed drastically. She was only being admitted once a month for maintenance therapy. Now she has to receive and new chemo cocktail through a spinal tap each week and in the next week or two we'll learn if she'll need radiation therapy. She had to be removed off her Sprycel 3 weeks ago because it was damaging her heart. There are other drugs they're looking into with similar effects so we're keeping our fingers crossed. With it returning to her spinal fluid her chance of achieving a full cure even with Stem Cells therapy are very low. Her having the Philadelphia Chromosome just makes it so much difficult than just the ALL. It's grim Nation I can't but there's still hope. If the chemo
, radiation, and stem cells and fails there are still clinical trials. She's not out of options yet.

I won't lie this has been a harder gut punch than last December for whatever reason. She hit her remissions, beat back the MRSA and for just a moment we got to breath again. Then just like that damn demon cancer ravages her again. Last night after she was alseep I lost it again. I thought everyone was asleep but my oldest son Dennis must have heard me. He came to be and wrapped his arms around me and we wept together. That boy has been through so damn much and I feel so ashamed that a 16 year old kid had to comfort his father. Nation you have no idea how proud I am of him. He's wanted to be an officer in the Air Force since he was 7. He's in ROTC and loving it. He's been able to maintain a 3.8 GPA through all this and next year he wants to tour the Air Academy in Colorado Springs and come hell or high water that will happen. His dream is to one day be a Officer in the Air Force. He wants to serve and honor his country and be an career officer. It's all he talks about and it's a personal goal he's set for himself as a young child.

View attachment 172480View attachment 172481View attachment 172494

I'm sorry for rambling on Nation. I'm just so proud and amazed by both of their grit, guts, and determination. They're special people and there are no words that can describe just how proud I am of them. They're cut from the same cloth.

I want to thank yall for the continued thoughts prayers and support. I really hate to have to ask again but we've ran into some for finacial issues. Our van is having transmission issues and having to make the long trip to Vanderbilt once or twice each week now has drained us financially. Just know I wouldn't ask for myself under any circumstance but I'll do anything for her. I just want her foucusing solely on getting better and not worrying about our finaces. It's humiliating because it's a man job to take care of his family and here I am having to ask you all for help. All I can say is thank you from the bottom of my heart and I hope to some day be able to return my debt to each and everyone of you.

This place has been my refuge for so long. I've made so many friends and family here. You guys have put up with a lot from me and I know I can be stupid and over the top at times but just know it isn't intentional or malicious.

I love yall Nation I love yall from the bottom of my heart and I'd be in sorry shape without this place

GBO
Wish you and your wife the best in your fight. Can’t imagine how tough this must be for you both. Please find some comfort in knowing there are many, many of us thinking of and praying for you.

You are a good guy and I hope she continues her valiant battle. Proud to say donation made and if this stinky Gator fan can do it, so can a lot of folks !
Brother I may have a severe distaste for The Gators but that has never spilled over to The Gatornation. Heck the only reason I hate Florida is because ya'll have always owned us on the Football field and was always jealous yall had Spurrier.

Thank you so much brother. It means the world to me

Reactions: KBVol
Wish you and your wife the best in your fight. Can’t imagine how tough this must be for you both. Please find some comfort in knowing there are many, many of us thinking of and praying for you.
I take much comfort in knowing that. Thank you

Brother I may have a severe distaste for The Gators but that has never spilled over to The Gatornation. Heck the only reason I hate Florida is because ya'll have always owned us on the Football field and was always jealous yall had Spurrier.

Thank you so much brother. It means the world to me

Some things mean a lot more than a football rivalry (I don't include basketball because we've pretty much always kicked your azz in that!)

Dennis, here's hoping for a thorough recovery for Laura, as well as comfort for your whole family during this trying time, buddy.

Best of luck on your son's AF Academy aspirations as well!

VN Store

Back