The lesson from Andy Landers playbook.....

GBOTango

Run it up Herman, leave no doubt!
CHW should use the example of Any Landers. He told his AD that they wouldn't have to tell him it was time to give it up. He retired on his own terms and with dignity. Hopefully, CHW will do the same. I'm hoping she doesn't draw this out until she gets fired, because she has meant a lot to this program. Retire and head off into the sunset. Alternately, get fired and be disgraced.

CHW should use the example of Any Landers. He told his AD that they wouldn't have to tell him it was time to give it up. He retired on his own terms and with dignity. Hopefully, CHW will do the same. I'm hoping she doesn't draw this out until she gets fired, because she has meant a lot to this program. Retire and head off into the sunset. Alternately, get fired and be disgraced.

Is this the same playbook that Ron Zook faxed from Kinkos?

Is this the same playbook that Ron Zook faxed from Kinkos?

I think Jack Sells faxed the playbook. Zook was on the receiving end....

Regarding Landers, he was at the point when he resigned that he was about to get one of those "retire" or "get fired" talks....

Reactions: livefaith

I am afraid that Holly is moving into risky territory as far as being able to bow out gracefully and still be a beloved fixture in the NCAA community. She’s waiting so long — and has STILL never accepted responsibility publicly — that it is beginning to reflect poorly on her character IMO. Fair or not, that’s a perception held by many.

I would LOVE for Holly to be able to hold her head high and say that she did her best, but it’s time to let go and support the next coach who will lead the program. I want Holly to be able to be a regular fixture at events and so on. She simply doesn’t need to be a HEAD coach.

Legendary player, CPS' multiple championship assistant, bridger of the impossible gap from the greatest ever to the next successful era. If she would accept responsibility and bow out gracefully, then that would be one amazing legacy for anyone. I never blame people who give their all but are simply in over their heads in the position. Been there and done it.

But, if she hangs on kicking and screaming or even rustles up are contingent of blue hair CPS legacy support, then God help her. That comment @ Pat being proud in the presser kinda scared me. I hope she gets this.

Reactions: vol24/7/365
If you listen to Warlick’s press conference, she’s a master of turning something negative facetiously into something positive. She won’t step down because I think she has it in her mind that she can’t quit, and that would be quitting for her. She obviously needs to think about it differently to save her reputation and character.

Holly’s far surpassed leaving with dignity.

VN Store

Back