The Legend Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U NX)

Confirmed as a launch title for March 3rd!

New trailer looks fantastic!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw47_q9wbBE[/youtube]

Official box art revealed.

jpg

Who the F told me this wasn't a launch title? Imma go look that up.

Expansion Pass has been announced...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbbZslUchyA[/youtube]

Available from March 3 for $19.99 USD / £17.99 (Australian price unknown at time of writing), the Expansion Pass will offer two extra content packs, to be released later in 2017, neither of which can be purchased individually. The details of each are:
Pack 1 - Summer 2017
A new Cave of Trials challenge
Hard mode
"A new feature for the in-game map"
Pack 2 - Holiday 2017
A new dungeon
A new "original story"
Additional challenges
Purchasing the Expansion Pass will also immediately unlock three extra treasure chests in the game's Great Plateau location. Two will contain "useful items" while, more unusually, the third will include a "a shirt with a Nintendo Switch logo which Link can wear during his adventure".

I always love how Nintendo comes up with new ways to call things that have been around a good while.

Anyone still playing this? I bought it back in May or so but I'm just now getting around to playing through it.

So far I'm definitely seeing it as a GOTY contender, probably frontrunner.

Anyone still playing this? I bought it back in May or so but I'm just now getting around to playing through it.

So far I'm definitely seeing it as a GOTY contender, probably frontrunner.

Still (im)patiently waiting! We bought the Switch for my son for Christmas, so I can't play it until then. We bought him the system along with Zelda, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Super Mario Odyssey. I'm currently plotting ways that I can ground him from playing so I can have it to myself! :p

This game starts out with a bang. Seeing the huge world, getting your paraglider, climbing, taking down the first few divine beasts. Then it falls off and becomes a tedious slog through the last part.

This game starts out with a bang. Seeing the huge world, getting your paraglider, climbing, taking down the first few divine beasts. Then it falls off and becomes a tedious slog through the last part.

Yeah but I kind of feel like that can describe almost every 3D Zelda game. Pretty much every one of them felt like they went on too long, especially Wind Waker and Skyward Sword.

I feel like other than Spirit Tracks on the DS that the 2D games have done a much better job at length.

Yeah but I kind of feel like that can describe almost every 3D Zelda game. Pretty much every one of them felt like they went on too long, especially Wind Waker and Skyward Sword.

I feel like other than Spirit Tracks on the DS that the 2D games have done a much better job at length.

I dunno. Link to the Past got iffy once you went into another dimension.

I dunno. Link to the Past got iffy once you went into another dimension.

LTTP is one of my all-time favorite games but I agree with this. The Light World in that game is beautiful. Majestic. Awe-inspiring (especially for its time). But the Dark World? Was never a fan. Hated the color palette and most of the enemies. I also thought it wasn't designed nearly as well as the Light World.

I will say one thing I absolutely hate in this game is the rain. I get making it more realistic and all but it's so annoying when you have to climb a great height, even with upgrades, and the rain comes along and you slip. And then you just have to wait.

How much better is this game on Switch vs Wii U? I'm gonna look for BF and CM deals this weekend.

How much better is this game on Switch vs Wii U? I'm gonna look for BF and CM deals this weekend.

From what I can tell it just gets down to the Switch version has slightly better visuals and framerates, otherwise it's the same game.

Also can we please convince Nintendo that nobody likes the stupid motion control parts that they keep forcing into games. The whole Shrine puzzles where you have to tilt the gamepad/controller are so annoying and really sap the fun out of the game.

I know I am late to the game on this one, but just never had the time. Finally picked it up last week. I love Mario Odyssey, but this game is absolutely amazing. The open world is so expansive! Didn’t put it down all weekend. At least my wife isn’t mad at Fortnite anymore...

Reactions: Brave Volunteer

VN Store

Back