The Last Three Everybody is Mentioning Final Poll

Which of the Finalist is you choice for Lady Vols Head Coach?

• Langley

Votes: 31 15.7%
  • Lawson

Votes: 64 32.5%
  • Harper

Votes: 51 25.9%
  • None of These

Votes: 51 25.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Volfan2012

If it turns out to be anyone but one of these three I guess Fulmer threw us a curve ball. These are the three finalist according to most talking heads today.

Langley head coach at Rice

Kara Lawson ESPN

Kellie Harper head coach at Missouri State

Langley??????
Any info on this person ? Sorry I’m in the dark on this name ...
Thanks

Langley’s team had a 21-game winning streak before their OT loss to Marquette in the 1st round of the tourney. That impressed me. Our team could definitely use some consistency to find ways to win when we’re not playing our best.

Someone tell me: why Langley? Seriously. This is what we call a "Google" coach, isn't it?

I am not being facetious. A Google coach is fine by me if they are the best available.

Fulmer's budget for basketball coaches is going to look a lot different going forward.

Sources: Barnes deciding between UCLA, Vols

He's offered Barnes more money -- but it may not be enough. (But $5 million in buyout money would give him a little short-term flexibility.)

If Barnes leaves will Phil close on the new Lady Vols coach before he replaces his men's coach?

Fulmer's budget for basketball coaches is going to look a lot different going forward.

He's offered Barnes more money -- but it may not be enough. (But $5 million in buyout money would give him a little short-term flexibility.)

If Barnes leaves will Phil close on the new Lady Vols coach before he replaces his men's coach?
I think if Rick Barnes leaves(At this point I think Rick Barnes stays at Tennessee)Phil Fulmer will put the emphasis on finding the next men's head basketball coach.

Reactions: BUBear

Barnes would be an idiot to take that job. UCLA is where you go to get fired.

Let us hope that Fulmer can do more than one thing at a time.

I doubt, he would go, "oh no, put EVERYTHING ON HOLD until I find a new men's coach."

He's down the path of hiring a new LV coach and I would be shocked if Barne's decision has any impact on his timing.

He'll spend the $ and then get the donors to fill the gaps (so long as everyone is more or less happy with the decisions.

I voted for Langley she's led a big time turnaround at Rice. She's a winner. I'd be excited to see what she could do with UT's resources.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Langley, assistant coach at Maryland for a few years, Rice had a losing record for 8 years before she came there. Has been there 3 years, had losing record 1st year, over 20 wins (first time in Rice’s history?) her 2nd and 3rd year (current year).

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Yes, but some of that shadiness had to rub off on her. She worked at Maryland.

Langley, assistant coach at Maryland for a few years, Rice had a losing record for 8 years before she came there. Has been there 3 years, had losing record 1st year, over 20 wins (first time in Rice’s history?) her 2nd and 3rd year (current year).

Reactions: LadyVol1908
If it turns out to be anyone but one of these three I guess Fulmer threw us a curve ball. These are the three finalist according to most talking heads today.

Langley head coach at Rice

Kara Lawson ESPN

Kellie Harper head coach at Missouri State

Give Miss. St. coach a blank check and tell him to fill in the amount. Anything that isn’t close to that means we aren’t serious about WBB!!!

Reactions: JKZ and cutiepie5
.....when you see that and then the winning comes. Now your working with something

Yes, because remember it doesn’t matter who actually did the thing, they are all part of the same coaching staff. She may have not even been there during that time, but just being part of that coaching staff means your shady. However, she is a woman, so maybe we can look past the shadiness for her. 😆

Guilt by association? :D

VN Store

Back