The Last Thing You Purchased II

Iphone... but takes 1 month to get it.
iphone-12-pro-pacific-blue

My phone crapped out last week, so I had to get a new one... since it was going to take a month to get a 12, I got an 11

Reactions: NEVolFan
A lawnsweeper attachment for my little riding lawmower. I will never rake leaves/pine needles ever again. Works like a champ.
lwnswpr.jpg

Reactions: Tin Man
Any input would be great. I kept going back and forth on getting one
I've had mine for six months and these are my pros & cons:
Pros:
It's compact, obviously
It seems to be very durable and scratch-resistant. Mine doesn't have single blemish on it.
It makes you really reconsider what you carry with you and eliminates most of the junk we keep in our wallets.
Like I said, it's cool looking and people always have something to say about it.
If you like to operate with 6-8 cards/IDs and a small amount of cash it's all you need.

Cons:
I don't like how it feels in my back pocket. A leather wallet is distributed more evenly in your pocket, the Ridge sits at the bottom of your pocket like a hard little lump.
I ultimately moved it to my front pocket because of the reason above, but more importantly because the corner of it dug a small hole in my leather driver's seat. That really cheesed me off and I almost got rid of it right then and there.
There's a technique for fanning out your cards to grab the one you want, but I'm either not good at it or it's just a hit-or-miss thing. 1 out of every 4 or 5 times I end up just taking all my cards out to get to the one I want.
I like to carry a few of my business cards at all times and the Ridge is no good for that. It is designed for the exact size of a credit card and will bend the crud out of business cards.

So I'm 50/50 on it, but because it will probably last a LONG time I'll probably keep it for a long time. However if someone randomly gives me a new wallet for some reason I'll probably switch out. It makes you think you need less from a wallet, but after a while you kind of see why a traditional wallet is the best option for most people.

I've had mine for six months and these are my pros & cons:
Pros:
It's compact, obviously
It seems to be very durable and scratch-resistant. Mine doesn't have single blemish on it.
It makes you really reconsider what you carry with you and eliminates most of the junk we keep in our wallets.
Like I said, it's cool looking and people always have something to say about it.
If you like to operate with 6-8 cards/IDs and a small amount of cash it's all you need.

Cons:
I don't like how it feels in my back pocket. A leather wallet is distributed more evenly in your pocket, the Ridge sits at the bottom of your pocket like a hard little lump.
I ultimately moved it to my front pocket because of the reason above, but more importantly because the corner of it dug a small hole in my leather driver's seat. That really cheesed me off and I almost got rid of it right then and there.
There's a technique for fanning out your cards to grab the one you want, but I'm either not good at it or it's just a hit-or-miss thing. 1 out of every 4 or 5 times I end up just taking all my cards out to get to the one I want.
I like to carry a few of my business cards at all times and the Ridge is no good for that. It is designed for the exact size of a credit card and will bend the crud out of business cards.

So I'm 50/50 on it, but because it will probably last a LONG time I'll probably keep it for a long time. However if someone randomly gives me a new wallet for some reason I'll probably switch out. It makes you think you need less from a wallet, but after a while you kind of see why a traditional wallet is the best option for most people.
I don’t carry back pocket and haven’t in 5-7+ years.

I have to admit that even though I've always preferred it in the back pocket, it does feel a lot more safe & secure up front.
I did it for the posture and back thing.

You can't stick the business cards on the cash strap side (that's what I was going to try)?

I can't stand the bulk of a traditional wallet, even with what I consider minimum in it. I carry a 3 slot (4 with the ID) front pocket wallet and leave my full wallet in my truck.

I'm hoping the Ridge can get me to where I have everything.

I did it for the posture and back thing.

You can't stick the business cards on the cash strap side (that's what I was going to try)?

I can't stand the bulk of a traditional wallet, even with what I consider minimum in it. I carry a 3 slot (4 with the ID) front pocket wallet and leave my full wallet in my truck.

I'm hoping the Ridge can get me to where I have everything.
That’s what it does to business cards. You can get them with a clip instead of a strap, don’t know if that would work better or not. ED34D5E4-3EE6-4A8D-BFAE-0892BBF5EB89.jpeg

I have a $15 knockoff one on Amazon. I like it but I have too many wallets and cycle through them every few weeks.

My favorite wallet is my Trayvax Ascent.
Trayvax (the Ascent) is a card or 2 short (I have around 10 I think). Plus I don't like the cash pocket thing, nor do I like the overall look of Trayvax. I may be up to trying them though if the Ridge doesn't work out.

That’s what it does to business cards. You can get them with a clip instead of a strap, don’t know if that would work better or not. View attachment 325917
I think the clip would work better for cards (but I don't like the idea of the clip).

I'd like to be able to carry a couple, but it's not a make or break thing for me. I've yet to give a business card out except at work. Even then, I have a digital version so I guess its a moot point.

I just want all my cards in one wallet and still relatively small.

Trayvax (the Ascent) is a card or 2 short (I have around 10 I think). Plus I don't like the cash pocket thing, nor do I like the overall look of Trayvax. I may be up to trying them though if the Ridge doesn't work out.
10 cards? Sounds like you need a Trapper Keeper instead of a wallet. I carry 3 cards and keep a 20 in the cash pocket for emergencies and a 20 inside my phone case for emergencies.

VN Store

Back