The Last Person to post wins XVIII

Early 77 if I remember correctly. I think we missed 4 weeks straight. After 4 weeks, we were bored to tears and ready to get back in school.
Not me. Mom and dad worked and I was left at home most of the time. My dad owned a real estate/developing company in our town and was only about 7-8 miles away. I lived on a 480 acre farm. I had a Blast. Got into trouble. Got hurt. But I didn't die!! Lol.

We got out for 2 days cause some guy predicted an earthquake
Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

Not me. Mom and dad worked and I was left at home most of the time. My dad owned a real estate/developing company in our town and was only about 7-8 miles away. I lived on a 480 acre farm. I had a Blast. Got into trouble. Got hurt. But I didn't die!! Lol.

Sounds like we had a similar childhood. I was aloud to "free-range" on the farm. Would camp out for days at a time by myself when I was in grade school, with just my coon hounds, horse, fishing pole and a level action .22 Winchester. Mom would ring the big dinner bell on the back porch if they needed me to come in. Hell ,I was driving farm trucks around doing chores when I was 9 years old.

This was back in the 70's but times have changed. Kids now days expect to be entertained and are told ever thought they have is so special. Makes them unprepared for the real world.

Be Safe,

CH_R

Sounds like we had a similar childhood. I was aloud to "free-range" on the farm. Would camp out for days at a time by myself when I was in grade school, with just my coon hounds, horse, fishing pole and a level action .22 Winchester. Mom would ring the big dinner bell on the back porch if they needed me to come in. Hell ,I was driving farm trucks around doing chores when I was 9 years old.

This was back in the 70's but times have changed. Kids now days expect to be entertained and are told ever thought they have is so special. Makes them unprepared for the real world.

Be Safe,

CH_R

Yep, brothers from another mother. I had access to several guns at age 9, but my go to was the single shot 20 gauge my grandfather gave me. Had an old blue 50 Ford pick up that I was allowed to drive all over the farm. I used it to camp in, the bed, or under if it started raining. Redclay was always with me.

I had a Sears Mini bike at 6, little green one and had some type of motorcycle until I was in my mid 20's. Feeding animals was never "work" for me because I always got to drive or ride something. Lol.

Blah blah blah.

VN Store

Back