The Kerry Blackshear Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next he signs Quez from Bearden.

LMAO. THIS is one your data points? A kid no one else wanted? Bless your heart....:eek:

However, it's hard to argue that some of the negative response from this Blackshear situation isn't somewhat related to the PR debacle of his UCLA flirtation.

PR debacle? LMAO again. I refuse to believe that some of you are real people, for the sake of my sanity. Just incredible. SMH

LMAO. THIS is one your data points? A kid no one else wanted? Bless your heart....:eek:
Yes, it was one of my points for not being a Mike White fan...I've watched Quez play for years and wanted to see the kid at UT.

PR debacle? LMAO again. I refuse to believe that some of you are real people, for the sake of my sanity. Just incredible. SMH
Yes, PR debacle. I'm a Barnes fan and appreciate what he's done for UT bball. However, the fact is that he didn't do himself any favors for how he handled the UCLA flirtation and resulting explanation.

But then contradicted yourself with your other garbage...multiple times...in this thread. 😉

My other opinions on Barnes have nothing to do with my original point, which was people on this board thought UT being ranked 13th preseason before the 17 season was ridiculous. In your typical hack posting fashion, you didn’t read well enough on my original post and tried to call me out on it. When I showed you that you were wrong, you then resort to calling my other opinions garbage because you can’t keep your posts straight. Unfortunately I’m not surprised this is coming from you.

Correct. But you forgot to add the part where they'll say "I knew ole Bama Jeremy was a bust from day 1. We are UT and could have backed up the truck for any coach in the nation. But Fulmer went cheap as usual".

Yep.

And they get really mad when you point out all this praise was in place for Kiffin, Dooley, and Jones. Like "Yeah but THIS TIME IT'S FOR REALZ".

My other opinions on Barnes having nothing to do with my original point, which was post people on this board thought UT being ranked 13th preseason before the 17 season was ridiculous. In your typical hack posting fashion, you didn’t read well enough on my original post. When I showed you that you were wrong, you then resort to calling my other opinions garbage because you can’t keep your posts straight. Unfortunately I’m not surprised this is coming from you.
I wasn’t wrong. Your biased harangue against Barnes won’t allow it. It’s come to the point that in order to attack him you have to make facts up. No one expected the season they had two seasons ago. Just because 13th was ridiculous doesn’t make that less true. He coached up and developed this team at a much...MUCH higher level than your narrative can credit. If “he’ll never win us a NC” isn’t shade against him, then you’re just a Lions level fan...which isn’t a compliment. 😉

Yes, it was one of my points for not being a Mike White fan...I've watched Quez play for years and wanted to see the kid at UT.

Yes, PR debacle. I'm a Barnes fan and appreciate what he's done for UT bball. However, the fact is that he didn't do himself any favors for how he handled the UCLA flirtation and resulting explanation.

I honestly don't get the Barnes rage when it came to this. We always get sick of coach speak and we couldn't stand robots like Butch Jones. Barnes gives an honest answer and some lose their crap at that.

And why is he held to some different standard than any other profession? If you were talking with another company about a job, and your current company offered you more to stay, are you going to act like you didn't stay because they gave you more money? Would you not think someone who criticized you for that was a loon? Can we drop this romantic notion that modern coaches have any loyalty that isn't the color green? Those days are LONG gone.

I wasn’t wrong. Your biased harangue against Barnes won’t allow it. It’s come to the point that in order to attack him you have to make facts up. No one expected the season they had two seasons ago. Just because 13th was ridiculous doesn’t make that less true. He coached up and developed this team at a much...MUCH higher level than your narrative can credit. If “he’ll never win us a NC” isn’t shade against him, then you’re just a Lions level fan...which isn’t a compliment. 😉
I love the guy to death but I don't think he'll ever win an NC. is that bad?

No. I don't either. And it's not even because I don't think he can, I think it's incredibly hard to win one even under great circumstances and we haven't even made a freakin' Final Four yet.

Reactions: Vol49er
Not if you don’t interject it into every opinion. And every opinion downplays any achievements and/or overemphasizes what he gets paid. Ole Z did a filibuster when the new contract was announced...but he’s a good coach. 😏

I didn’t make facts up. You just can’t read.

I said most people on his board thought that the 13th preseason rank was silly. And that a lot of people thought we could make the tournament. I then said nobody expected that good of a year with a 3 seed and a SEC title. You just literally can’t read.

Chris asked me a question, and I answered. He’s not gonna win us a NC. He’s still a good coach (which I’ve said countless times). Both can still be true

Reactions: Roustabout
I didn’t make facts up. You just can’t read.

I said most people on his board thought that the 13th preseason rank was silly. And that a lot of people thought we could make the tournament. I then said nobody expected that good of a year with a 3 seed and a SEC title. You just literally can’t read.

Chris asked me a question, and I answered. He’s not gonna win us a NC. He’s still a good coach (which I’ve said countless times). Both can still be true
Good coach that can’t win when it counts and makes too much damn money that doesn’t come out of my pocket but I’ll complain like it’s my own 401k. Copy.

I honestly don't get the Barnes rage when it came to this. We always get sick of coach speak and we couldn't stand robots like Butch Jones. Barnes gives an honest answer and some lose their crap at that.

And why is he held to some different standard than any other profession? If you were talking with another company about a job, and your current company offered you more to stay, are you going to act like you didn't stay because they gave you more money? Would you not think someone who criticized you for that was a loon? Can we drop this romantic notion that modern coaches have any loyalty that isn't the color green? Those days are LONG gone.

Because he made Tennessee look bad, he made UCLA look bad, and he made himself look bad. Whether it’s true or not, coming out and saying “Yeah I’d be at UCLA if they weren’t cheap” is a bad look for everyone and was totally unnecessary. What should have been a win for the UTAD and Fulmer turned into a **** show

Good coach that can’t win when it counts and makes too much damn money that doesn’t come out of my pocket but I’ll complain like it’s my own 401k. Copy.

You said it, not me.

You gonna admit you originally misread my post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back