The Kerry Blackshear Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roster is full... of some shaky front court players.... And I’m actually more optimistic on Fulkerson than most others. But even at best our front court is a serious risk

And Barnes decided to use two scholarships on guys who can’t play this year knowing he had a shaky front court.

Reactions: Steven5198
Roster is full... of some shaky front court players.... And I’m actually more optimistic on Fulkerson than most others. But even at best our front court is a serious risk
Obviously Barnes feels better about Plavsic/ORN/Kent/Fulky/Burns/Pons than most on here, only time will fell if he was correct.

Barnes is getting 26 million bucks from UTK no matter who he signs or how many more games he wins and whenever his current tenure ends, be it tomorrow or five years hence, he'll never coach again. Barnes doesn't have anything on the line.
I meant...clearly, I thought...that in a general sense. Barnes isn't going to hurt financially based on Pember's career. That is obvious, but wasn't ever the point. The point is that Barnes' ability to succeed at his job is based in the players he brings in to carry out his gameplan.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Playing the odds and hoping a couple turn out
He could’ve cut bait with a couple and pursued a couple graduate transfers, he chose to only go after 1 guy and that was the cream of the crop...he’s spoken multiple times about how he likes his frontcout...again maybe he’s senile, but I’ll wait to see.

I don't get all of the hate and disrespect for Pember before he's played a single minute for UT. Guys with that much length and guard skills aren't very common. He was a very good perimeter player and then had a freakish growth spurt. Plus he's a local kid. It must be his skin color that has so many triggered.
I don't disagree. I think his recruiting ranking and high school stats probably scare people. He has a bit of an injury history, to boot. I don't think he's a slam dunk to be all-SEC, nor do I believe he is a certain bust. He's an intriguing prospect who brings in a lot of unknown since Barnes hasn't had anyone like him at Tennessee.

Reactions: RyanWalkerPGH
I don't disagree. I think his recruiting ranking and high school stats probably scare people. He has a bit of an injury history, to boot. I don't think he's a slam dunk to be all-SEC, nor do I believe he is a certain bust. He's an intriguing prospect who brings in a lot of unknown since Barnes hasn't had anyone like him at Tennessee.

Id say being 6’9/180 pound rail thin forward that doesn’t have guard skills scares people more than anything

Reactions: SweetDaddy
I meant...clearly, I thought...that in a general sense. Barnes isn't going to hurt financially based on Pember's career. That is obvious, but wasn't ever the point. The point is that Barnes' ability to succeed at his job is based in the players he brings in to carry out his gameplan.
Fair enough. Personally, I think this hurts Fulmer more than anyone else if Basketvols are an NIT team next season.

Try reading the article...doesn’t state anything about guys flat out being denied, staff feels Plavsic qualifies under extenuating circumstances.

And until he is actually cleared to play this year by the NCAA, he’s currently not eligible to play. So until that changes, I don’t count him towards this season.

This hurts for next season but helps long term. Our front court will have more experience the following year when our great 2020 class are Freshmen.

And until he is actually cleared to play this year by the NCAA, he’s currently not eligible to play. So until that changes, I don’t count him towards this season.
That’s perfectly fine...until Turner makes a full recovery from shoulder surgery I’m assuming he’s also out for the year...cancel the season.

He could’ve cut bait with a couple and pursued a couple graduate transfers, he chose to only go after 1 guy and that was the cream of the crop...he’s spoken multiple times about how he likes his frontcout...again maybe he’s senile, but I’ll wait to see.
I do think much of the reaction to missing on Blackshear is overwrought. It fell into our lap in the first place. But just magnified the need we have down there. Maybe he’s found some more diamonds in the rough, but it’s definitely a huge uncertainty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back