The Kerry Blackshear Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
'At the moment' is what he said. Also added we had to be ready to protect the program.

Yea the quotes regarding that were misleading.
After I watched the presser I took it far from a literal statement made in stone

If not Blackshear I really like the Juiston kid from UNLV. Might even be a better fit for our offense.

Last edited:
BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Three-Point Play: Tracking Blackshear; Cole a target; UNC-Duke

On Monday evening, Kentucky’s John Calipari completed an in-home visit with Blackshear's family. The Wildcats are definitely a top suitor for him, but this is not a done deal for the blue blood. There has been talk of his desire to play close to home which would bolster Florida’s chances with him. However, there are some dark horses in the race as Gonzaga, Michigan State and Tennessee are three to keep an eye on.

Do not expect a college commitment any time soon. Blackshear’s focus will be on the NBA and with the deadline to pull his name out of the draft not until June 10, a college commitment should not be expected until late May, at the earliest. Buckle up because there is some time to go with the top grad-transfers this spring.

We are headed to a lineup of five 6’6” tweeners in a few years at this rate.

Barnes will get everything out of them he can, that’s his strength. His weakness seems to be recruiting true post players.

Reactions: jeff1vol

Barnes will get everything out of them he can, that’s his strength. His weakness seems to be recruiting true post players.

Wait grant isn't a true post player?

Reactions: walkenvol

Average height of next season's front court is 6' 9.25". where do you get 6-6?

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
True post players have went the way of the dinosaur..

Depends on how you define them but I agree with your overall point. However Grant is about as true a successful post player as I can think of in the college game

Man if we got Cone to reclassify or Bone to return, Blackshear, and Grant came back, that would be amazing and I’d feel great about next year.

Reactions: Yeiser10
Man if we got Cone to reclassify or Bone to return, Blackshear, and Grant came back, that would be amazing and I’d feel great about next year.

If that happened Barnes May get another 4.7.......but it ain’t. Wish it would.

Bone is gone. He said there could be a chance but made it clear it would be a small chance. I think if Grant looks to be anywhere 1st round, he’s gone......he certainly seems to be 1st round. Blackshear isn’t coming........prob 0 %. He goes KY or stays. I do think Tennessee will get Cone. I would give it prob 60% (from what I have read).

1 out of 4 ain’t great, but it’s something.

Reactions: Yeiser10
If that happened Barnes May get another 4.7.......but it ain’t. Wish it would.

Bone is gone. He said there could be a chance but made it clear it would be a small chance. I think if Grant looks to be anywhere 1st round, he’s gone......he certainly seems to be 1st round. Blackshear isn’t coming........prob 0 %. He goes KY or stays. I do think Tennessee will get Cone. I would give it prob 60% (from what I have read).

1 out of 4 ain’t great, but it’s something.
Well let’s say 1 out of 3, cause I meant either Bone coming back or Cone coming. I realize both won’t happen

Well let’s say 1 out of 3, cause I meant either Bone coming back or Cone coming. I realize both won’t happen

Dang, you just got that from 25% to 33% in one post. And seriously getting just 1 of 3 to come or come back is WAY better than 1 of 4.

If Cone comes and Burnes works out well and/or Tennessee can get another big man Tennessee should be just fine for 19-20.

That would be a fun team to watch, though.

Denny Crum made a living with 6'6" to 6'8" players. Everyone of them could jump out of the gym though. Today's game is more about the 3 point shot. Sharp shooters are at a premium and we just may have a 6'9" guy who can bury the 3 ball coming in next month.

Today’s game has changed.

Old school big men are pretty much a thing in the past now.

You need great guard play and shooters to be competitive.

Blackshear is a Kentucky lean.

With UT losing Admiral, Alexander and likely to lose Grant and Bone, one can certainly see the attraction of UK. Far more talented and if his desire is a deep run in the NCAAT and a shot at championships, UK is a far safer bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back