The JoeDawg Goes Fishing Thread

Was a big fan of Boog. When they opened Camden Yards they had Boog's BBQ in the ballpark, I assume it is still there.
In 74 or 75...want to say 75....first place I ever got separated from my parents....the A's (Blue, Fosse, Tenace, Rudi, Reggie, Fingers, those dudes) versus Cleveland...old Municipal Stadium (The Mistake by the Lake)....doubleheader.....got Rollie Fingers to sign my program....aunt and uncle lived in Akron....huge Tribe fans...I was a Reds fan (still am) and wanted Cleveland to win out of pity....wandering around (lost) sticking my head in at every entrance to try to find our seats....no cell phones...dad and uncle looking for me....wound up really turned around and lost....and I remember hearing his name over the PA system and the BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG coming from the Indians fans.....all the Booms on the board can't compare to that big Boog.....HA....Cleveland lost both games
Edit: Got my a$$ beat when we got back to my uncle's house for not going straight to concession stand and straight back

In 74 or 75...want to say 75....first place I ever got separated from my parents....the A's (Blue, Fosse, Tenace, Rudi, Reggie, Fingers, those dudes) versus Cleveland...old Municipal Stadium (The Mistake by the Lake)....doubleheader.....got Rollie Fingers to sign my program....aunt and uncle lived in Akron....huge Tribe fans...I was a Reds fan (still am) and wanted Cleveland to win out of pity....wandering around (lost) sticking my head in at every entrance to try to find our seats....no cell phones...dad and uncle looking for me....wound up really turned around and lost....and I remember hearing his name over the PA system and the BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG coming from the Indians fans.....all the Booms on the board can't compare to that big Boog.....HA....Cleveland lost both games
Edit: Got my a$$ beat when we got back to my uncle's house for not going straight to concession stand and straight back

The 72-74 A's is one of the greatest teams in baseball history. 75-76 Reds not far behind. I am a lifelong Cardinals fan, but loved the Big Red Machine. Many of my favorite players were on those teams.

The 72-74 A's is one of the greatest teams in baseball history. 75-76 Reds not far behind. I am a lifelong Cardinals fan, but loved the Big Red Machine. Many of my favorite players were on those teams.
Always respected St. Louis as a great baseball town with great fans....94 soured me on baseball, but I was able to catch a game of the 95 NLCS in Cincinnati.....don't like Reds and Cards being division rivals....Brewers to me will always be AL

Always respected St. Louis as a great baseball town with great fans....94 soured me on baseball, but I was able to catch a game of the 95 NLCS in Cincinnati.....don't like Reds and Cards being division rivals....Brewers to me will always be AL

94 soured me as well. I was living in the DMV at the time and going to a lot of Orioles games. Ripken breaking the streak brought me back to the game.

Reactions: GordonC
I am fawking Jelly!

Reactions: GordonC
Hank Aaron, Dusty Baker, Rico Carty, Warren Spahn, Phil Neikro, Bruce Benedict, Otis Nixon, Glen Hubbard, Dale Murphy, “the ugliest starting rotation in baseball,” featuring Rick Mahler and Rick Camp...

Reactions: malinoisvol

VN Store

Back