The job is not finished.

Was thinking about this today…..if Tennessee wins a national championship in basketball this year, I believe us and Florida would be the only programs in my lifetime (born in 1982) to win a national championship in football and men’s basketball

Didn’t Florida do it in the same year? 2006 or 2007?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Fantastic video! Thanks for sharing it. Our social media team is so good at what they do.

Just remember that Barnes has a history of somewhat choking in the tournament
So do the other 66 teams that lose along with us every year. Calipari hasn’t won a championship since 2011-12 and won 9 freaking games last season with all that talent. Coach K couldn’t win with the top 3 recruits in a single class and only won 13 games last season, once again with all that talent. Neither one could even make the tournament with the deck stacked in their favor. Those are more epic failures than Barnes has ever had.

Last edited:
Was thinking about this today…..if Tennessee wins a national championship in basketball this year, I believe us and Florida would be the only programs in my lifetime (born in 1982) to win a national championship in football and men’s basketball

In your lifetime, yes. But Ohio State, Maryland, Syracuse, and Michigan State all come to mind as schools who have won both (or at least lay claim to football titles before there was a playoff - like Tennessee does). And Ga Tech and Oklahoma once went to the final ncaa bb but lost, otherwise they would be in that group. Illinois also claims natties in both basketball and football from back in the stone age.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
Nothing like a wet blanket to show up and be a downer.
He might just believe in the Dr Pepper jinx. Praise them but don't let the BB gods hear you. Son and I follow every act of jubilation with a 'they Suck' post script so as not to activate the jinx.

Reactions: Big time vol
Vols going all #Mamba is a nice touch...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-03-15-19-06-51-772.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-03-15-19-06-51-772.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 2
I thought for sure the Vols had a great chance to win it all the final year Grant and Admiral played. That loss to Purdue still stings especially what with some questionable calls toward the end of that game by the zebras. Crazy but Fulkerson played on that team too. Hope this team has a strong run in them. Love to see them win it all!

VN Store

Back