The Jarrett Guarantano hate

I’m not saying he’s great. I’m saying he, in the view of the coaches who see him every day, gives us the best chance to win. Do you believe that posters know better than the coaches?

Coaches are not infallible, especially first-time HCs.

I'd wager to bet that Pruitt wishes that he'd directed his staff to spend more time trying to develop the entire QB room last spring instead of just giving JG the starting position, and throwing everything including the kitchen sink at him to try to get him playing on Par with his RS-junior status.

Considering they had to bench him with only unprepared options as alternatives, that coaching decision was obviously not the correct choice.

Chattanooga, Miss, USCjrs, UAB, KY, Mizz = 6 games last season alone, mathematically he's 3 times better than you say he is.

I can understand your list if you didn't actually watch any of those games and based your entire QB evaluation on 'passing efficiency'.

Unfortunately, there's a lot more that goes into being a successful DI QB.

I can understand your list if you didn't actually watch any of those games and based your entire QB evaluation on 'passing efficiency'.

And how many of those were too 75 defenses.....1

And how many of those were too 75 defenses.....1

Pulaski doesn't operate under the auspices of any sort of context. In his mind, all games are equal regardless of the opponent.

That level of cognative dissonance is the only way to maintain the 'willing suspension of disbelief' required to espouse his viewpoints.

Coaches are not infallible, especially first-time HCs.

I'd wager to bet that Pruitt wishes that he'd directed his staff to spend more time trying to develop the entire QB room last spring instead of just giving JG the starting position, and throwing everything including the kitchen sink at him to try to get him playing on Par with his RS-junior status.

Considering they had to bench him with only unprepared options as alternatives, that coaching decision was obviously not the correct choice.

Not sure you can lay it all in the first year coach. I’d say the OC had a lot to do with the decision and he’s certainly not inexperienced. I applaud their attempts to go with inexperienced alternatives but I think they proved that JG, even with his faults, gave us the best chance to win.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Not sure you can lay it all in the first year coach. I’d say the OC had a lot to do with the decision and he’s certainly not inexperienced. I applaud their attempts to go with inexperienced alternatives but I think they proved that JG, even with his faults, gave us the best chance to win.

The buck stops at Pruitt, he's the HC, but I agree, the blame for not having the team prepared is shared by all of those coaches.

Rotating 9 olinemen in the first game because they couldn't figure out which five to start? Seriously, what other DI staff is in that position in the season opener?

The buck stops at Pruitt, he's the HC, but I agree, the blame for not having the team prepared is shared by all of those coaches.

Rotating 9 olinemen in the first game because they couldn't figure out which five to start? Seriously, what other DI staff is in that position in the season opener?

So we have moved on from criticizing JG to critizing the coaches? I think you need to start a new thread for that.

So we have moved on from criticizing JG to critizing the coaches? I think you need to start a new thread for that.

Ultimately Pruitt is responsible for personnel decisions. Give Les Miles a call and ask him about the importance of making sure your staff is successful in developing a competent QB room.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol

Spin it however you want to, you said he only played good 1 or 2 times a season, I showed you 6 games last season alone where there is no denying he played well, even with a broken hand. Spin it spinner!
You're right, there is a bunch that goes into being a successful QB in this league and at this time it seems JG has more of it than everyone else on the team. Your evaluations don't seem to align with the staff's, mine do. Keep spinning it, spinner.

Spin it however you want to, you said he only played good 1 or 2 times a season, I showed you 6 games last season alone where there is no denying he played well, even with a broken hand. Spin it spinner!
You're right, there is a bunch that goes into being a successful QB in this league and at this time it seems JG has more of it than everyone else on the team. Your evaluations don't seem to align with the staff's, mine do. Keep spinning it, spinner.

There's no spin, you just only want to focus on his completion percentage alone, and out of context, even though deep down, you know that there's a lot more to evaluating a QB.

It's most likely that you've let your personal attraction to him cloud your judgment.

There's no spin, you just only want to focus on his completion percentage alone, and out of context, even though deep down, you know that there's a lot more to evaluating a QB.

It's most likely that you've let your personal attraction to him cloud your judgment.
No, once again you said 2 games, I showed you 6 and now you're just rambling about absolutely nothing. 6 is three times 2 in case you struggle with math. That being said JG is 3 times better than you claim him to be.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
I'm not loving on JG when I say the coaches know best. Will Tn go undefeated, probably not, would Mauer,Strout or Bailey get win vs Ga,Al,Fl,TAm Auburn, probably not. Watching Clemson vs WF I saw recievers waiting on the ball, having contested catches and Lawrence leading Rodgers into the goal post. So I guess TL should be benched.

Reactions: Volinnooga
First of all, I’m just a fan. I just want to see UT win. I don’t usually develop personal investment into any one player. I think that’s the job of the coaches and the support staff and the rest of the team. I do not hate JG. Nor am I a coach. I just watch football. But even I can see that JG is objectively (at best) a mediocre average qb in the SEC. He is a great kid and he may be a great leader but I’ve seen other QBs and I’ve watched him in particular on many game days. He has been given many, many chances and amounted a wealth of knowledge and experience to be... wildly inconsistent. The player that destroyed the Auburn defense one season also ran “the play” last year at Alabama. I think the worst part is how we can see the team week in and week out improve in every facet except at QB. I think the fans have every right to be frustrated. I’m willing to give him a chance to start the season but at this point he doesn’t deserve a very long leash. If needed we should be able to move on to the next man and be ok with that.

First of all, I’m just a fan. I just want to see UT win. I don’t usually develop personal investment into any one player. I think that’s the job of the coaches and the support staff and the rest of the team. I do not hate JG. Nor am I a coach. I just watch football. But even I can see that JG is objectively (at best) a mediocre average qb in the SEC. He is a great kid and he may be a great leader but I’ve seen other QBs and I’ve watched him in particular on many game days. He has been given many, many chances and amounted a wealth of knowledge and experience to be... wildly inconsistent. The player that destroyed the Auburn defense one season also ran “the play” last year at Alabama. I think the worst part is how we can see the team week in and week out improve in every facet except at QB. I think the fans have every right to be frustrated. I’m willing to give him a chance to start the season but at this point he doesn’t deserve a very long leash. If needed we should be able to move on to the next man and be ok with that.
Is it your decision to make to move on to the next man or Coach Pruitt's? It's time for all the neverJGers to start calling out Coach Pruitt for being such a dummy for continuously running JG out there. Why don't we hear more of that? My guess is that anyone would look like an idiot criticizing Pruitt after the complete turn around he's accomplished in Knoxville. I think it's time to lay off JG and throw all of the QB hate at Pruitt. I personally feel Pruitt has done a really good job with the QB room, do you feel differently?

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Is it your decision to make to move on to the next man or Coach Pruitt's? It's time for all the neverJGers to start calling out Coach Pruitt for being such a dummy for continuously running JG out there. Why don't we hear more of that? My guess is that anyone would look like an idiot criticizing Pruitt after the complete turn around he's accomplished in Knoxville. I think it's time to lay off JG and throw all of the QB hate at Pruitt. I personally feel Pruitt has done a really good job with the QB room, do you feel differently?

Pruitt has done an excellent job with the team and the culture as a whole. With UT’s recent history I’ve tried to be realistic with my expectations and he has met them or exceeded them in almost every category. I firmly believe the next step has to be taken at QB. And about the improvement in the QB room since he’s been here? From what relatively little we’ve seen from the other QBs I don’t think I (or any other fan) can make a sound judgment on that. And I realize we just signed a young freshman that everyone wants to pile expectations on. I’m just hoping for something interesting this year compared to last year. I’ll tell you this much: I love to hear how they compete and support each other. Coach Weinke and Coach Chaney must be cultivating a great environment for them to learn. And JG, as an upperclassman, must be an extension of that. I virtually have nothing to lose or gain from JG’s performance but I feel like this year should go one of 2 ways for him: either he rises to the occasion and I gladly eat my words or UT moves on and he helps the next guy(s) out.

I just don't get the hate put on this splendid kid. He gives all for his school and plays his position well, but there are those that find it their mission in life to tear him down. He has a low int ratio and the kid makes few mistakes but you have these arm chairs that know better and if in their prime could play the position better. (As If) (Wanna be"s)

He's a leader and he controls the reigns to the offense and if the coaches think he's the best option then I will go with them instead of a moron that has an vendetta against him. I had the privilege of playing college ball and enjoyed my entire experience ,but these NO NOTHINGS tear him down at every opportunity, I for one are sick of it, You want another UNPROVEN QB to take his spot and when he makes a mistake you'll cry for another one. How about you just shut the heck up and pay attention to the play, and if you don't realize JG gives us UT the best chance to win then you're clueless.

Flame away. I just know your reasons for attacking this splendid athlete is childish and pure nonsense. Play a down of college ball and then get back to me. I'd play behind this kid or on the other side of ball any day!

Last edited:
I just don't get the hate put on this splendid kid. He gives all for his school and plays his position well, but there are those that find it their mission in life to tear him down. He has a low int ratio and the kid makes few mistakes but you have these arm chairs that know better and if in their prime could play the position better. (As If) (Wanna be"s)

He's a leader and he controls the reigns to the offense and if the coaches think he's the best option then I will go with them instead of a moron that has an vendetta against him. I had the privilege of playing college ball and enjoyed my entire experience ,but these NO NOTHINGS tear him down at every opportunity, I for one are sick of it, You want another UNPROVEN QB to take his spot and when he makes a mistake you'll cry for another one. How about you just shut the heck up and pay attention to the play, and if you dont realise JG gives us UT the best chance to win then you're clueless,
Well just how biga ole boy are ye ? Lol

Reactions: pharmDvol11

He's a leader and he controls the reigns to the offense and if the coaches think he's the best option then I will go with them instead of a moron that has an vendetta against him. I had the privilege of playing college ball and enjoyed my entire experience ,but these NO NOTHINGS tear him down at every opportunity, I for one are sick of it, You want another UNPROVEN QB to take his spot and when he makes a mistake you'll cry for another one. How about you just shut the heck up and pay attention to the play, and if you don't realize JG gives us UT the best chance to win then you're clueless.

Flame away. I just know your reasons for attacking this splendid athlete is childish and pure nonsense. Play a down of college ball and then get back to me. I'd play behind this kid any day!

Good lord, nobody "hates" JG the person. Not one of us here has anything against him personally as I'm sure he's a great young man. What we "hate" is the knowledge that we are limited in what we can accomplish as a team, so long as he is our starting QB. That's not a knock against JG as a person, it's just the reality that we are in right now. In truth, JG is not an SEC caliber QB but right now apparently he is our best option. Of course we root for him to succeed but based on the last 4 years of watching him play, our expectations are low.

Flame away. I just know your reasons for attacking this splendid athlete is childish and pure nonsense. Play a down of college ball and then get back to me. I'd play behind this kid or on the other side of ball any day!
Thanks pulaski

Mods please merge or delete. We have too many of these already!!!

Good lord, nobody "hates" JG the person. Not one of us here has anything against him personally as I'm sure he's a great young man. What we "hate" is the knowledge that we are limited in what we can accomplish as a team, so long as he is our starting QB. That's not a knock against JG as a person, it's just the reality that we are in right now.

Then why the death threats?

VN Store

Back