The Jarrett Guarantano debate thread...

I’m sure his decision to come to UT had a lot to do underestimating both Maurer and Shrout. He may change his mind and transfer if/ when he learns just how underestimated BM was/is. Outside of a little size there’s nothing BM can’t do just as well. But there are several things that Bailey can’t do that BM can. Nothing against Bailey but Maurer is just a harder qb to defend against.
LoL!! He's not that type kid either. BM is a minimum of 3 years before he's anywhere near ready to play in the SEC. He has played weak competition in HS, he was a turnover machine vs weak competition in HS, he needs 25 lbs of muscle added to his frame and he has no experience vs any competition to speak of. He has arm talent but he is nowhere close to being ready to compete against the best players in the south week in and out. HB looks to be both physically and mentally ready to play in the SEC this year, 2 more years of experience and he'll be even more ready. If BM is as good as you say then we will see him in a lower level P5 school in 3 years. This is turning into a stupid argument as outside of 1 or 2 folks I've not heard any talent evaluator rank BM as anything but a project type player, and I count you in those 1-2 people. You obviously have a personal attachment to BM and hats off to you for standing up for him.

LoL!! He's not that type kid either. BM is a minimum of 3 years before he's anywhere near ready to play in the SEC. He has played weak competition in HS, he was a turnover machine vs weak competition in HS, he needs 25 lbs of muscle added to his frame and he has no experience vs any competition to speak of. He has arm talent but he is nowhere close to being ready to compete against the best players in the south week in and out. HB looks to be both physically and mentally ready to play in the SEC this year, 2 more years of experience and he'll be even more ready. If BM is as good as you say then we will see him in a lower level P5 school in 3 years. This is turning into a stupid argument as outside of 1 or 2 folks I've not heard any talent evaluator rank BM as anything but a project type player, and I count you in those 1-2 people. You obviously have a personal attachment to BM and hats off to you for standing up for him.
Hold on to this post. You may eat these words one day sooner than you think. Then again it’s always possible I may too. Time will tell

source.gif

I normally don’t respond twice to the same quote but I think you may want to read these. It may sting a little given the nature of your last response to me.
3473E6AC-D347-4A88-99DE-2FB39D4174E4.png664808D6-4B32-4498-B036-620DEF6EC8AC.png

I normally don’t respond twice to the same quote but I think you may want to read these. It may sting a little given the nature of your last response to me.
View attachment 217040View attachment 217041

View attachment 217040View attachment 217041
Doesn't sting at all, especially coming from someone that thinks recruiting services are bogus yet they like to use them when the narrative fits their view. This scout clearly thinks HB is the better player.

Reactions: DustyRockSolid
Doesn't sting at all, especially coming from someone that thinks recruiting services are bogus yet they like to use them when the narrative fits their view. This scout clearly thinks HB is the better player.
I dont agree with EVERYTHING he wrote about either of them. For example his NFL comparisons are off imo. And I used this to show how wrong you were that BM has only been referred to as a project. Apparently the services don’t think so like you claimed. Judging by the comparison of the 2 evaluations it looks like they may even think a bit higher of him in terms of overall talent.

Like I said earlier.... you may be right in the long run but those evaluations say you’re not right now.

Well, here’s some red meat for you 6-7 JG “dislikers”. Pro Football Focus ranks all 130 D1 starting college QBs. I pulled out the SEC QBs...

#2 Tua
#9 Fromm
#17 Burrow
#21 Jarrett Guarantano
#25 Mond
#29 Bryant
#33 Bentley
#43 Franks
#46 Wilson (Ky)
#50 Corral (OleMiss)
#63 Stevens (Miss St)
#85 Neal/Wallace (Vandy)
#96 Joey Gatewood (Auburn)
#102 Ben Hicks/Nick Starkel (Arky)

PFF Rankings: College starting quarterback rankings for 2019 | College Football and NFL Draft | PFF

So, time to trash Pro Football Focus and JG again.....you can start Sjt18....ready, go!

Edit: #114 Quentin Dormady (C. Michigan). Lol.

Last edited:
Well, here’s some red meat for you 6-7 JG “dislikers”. Pro Football Focus ranks all 130 D1 starting college QBs. I pulled out the SEC QBs...

#2 Tua
#9 Fromm
#17 Burrow
#21 Jarrett Guarantano
#25 Mond
#29 Bryant
#33 Bentley
#43 Franks
#46 Wilson (Ky)
#50 Corral (OleMiss)
#63 Stevens (Miss St)
#85 Neal/Wallace (Vandy)

PFF Rankings: College starting quarterback rankings for 2019 | College Football and NFL Draft | PFF

So, time to trash Pro Football Focus and JG again.....you can start Sjt18....ready, go!

Get out of here with your facts, statistics, data, and professional opinions!

It's kinda funny how I love a good argument on here, but this one is so old and regurgitated that I've scrolled past the last two pages.
It’s just so played. I haven’t been in here for awhile. However, saw a Pro Football Focus tweet about ranking the 130 D1 starting QBs.....couldn’t pass up the opportunity to tweak the 6-7 Guarantano haters in the thread. Haha.

It’s just so played. I haven’t been in here for awhile. However, saw a Pro Football Focus tweet about ranking the 130 D1 starting QBs.....couldn’t pass up the opportunity to tweak the 6-7 Guarantano haters in the thread. Haha.

They won't care, they know more. Wait and see, when JG improves and proves them wrong... "why can't you just be happy? I never said I hoped he failed, good grief"

#2 Tua
#9 Fromm
#17 Burrow
#21 Jarrett Guarantano
#25 Mond
#29 Bryant
#33 Bentley
#43 Franks
#46 Wilson (Ky)
#50 Corral (OleMiss)
#63 Stevens (Miss St)
#85 Neal/Wallace (Vandy)

I agree. He would look perfect in a Ravens uniform

#2 Tua
#9 Fromm
#17 Burrow
#21 Jarrett Guarantano
#25 Mond
#29 Bryant
#33 Bentley
#43 Franks
#46 Wilson (Ky)
#50 Corral (OleMiss)
#63 Stevens (Miss St)
#85 Neal/Wallace (Vandy)

You can stop lying any time now. Criticism isn't "trashing"... your defensive JG obsession is sad. You used to be able to honestly look at someone's strengths and weaknesses without the teen idol bit. I want JG to succeed. I'm not going to dishonestly claim greatness though like k-town has done for a long time... and you've somehow been infected with. I have to wonder if he somehow took over your account. JG needs to improve. The OL needs to improve. If both improve it will be a good year.

It is easy to "get" why you took the other names out. There are some very interesting guys ranked ahead of JG. He's basically ranked where you might expect based on physical ability. Hint for those who don't want to click the link: the QB's for Utah St, North Texas, Ohio, and UAB are ranked ahead of JG.

Personally, I think the evaluations of those ahead of JG are no more reliable than his evaluation. In fact, I think he's better right now than Burrow. Funny that the JG cult clings to conjecture like this as if it "proves" their delusions true.

They won't care, they know more. Wait and see, when JG improves and proves them wrong... "why can't you just be happy? I never said I hoped he failed, good grief"
LOL... I have never hoped he would fail or said that he's certain to fail. So yeah... that will be my response if he succeeds because it is 100% true. The claim that I "hate" him is a lie. I don't. I've been honestly critical of things I think he's done poorly. Some cultists just can't live with any specific criticism.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
LOL... I have never hoped he would fail or said that he's certain to fail. So yeah... that will be my response if he succeeds because it is 100% true. The claim that I "hate" him is a lie. I don't. I've been honestly critical of things I think he's done poorly. Some cultists just can't live with any specific criticism.
I really wasn't talking about you. I think you're a little more pessimistic about him than I am, but that's just opinion. I'm really just talking about 3 or 4 posters. I don't think anyone hates JG BTW.

I really wasn't talking about you. I think you're a little more pessimistic about him than I am, but that's just opinion. I'm really just talking about 3 or 4 posters. I don't think anyone hates JG BTW.

I'm sure I'm one of those posters.

Why would anyone want him to fail? JG playing well is great for UT.

If he has improved( with other position groups), we should know after Florida.

Thing that bothers me is how some posters blamed everyone but him for last year's results. If I'm wrong, then I'll admit it.

I don't think he is very good QB, but maybe something clicks this year

I think so. But KB has become a cultist and DOES include me in that group... probably knowing I don't belong.

VN Store

Back