The Impeachment Thread

They all get to collect evidence except in this case. The obstruction is part of the articles of Impeachment. Check it out.

Yeah...its just that in previous impeachments it was Obstruction of Justice. This is Obstruction of Congress. There’s really no such thing. They made it up to circumvent a judicial battle over executive privilege.

I could easily counter that by saying, as long as the left continues it’s non relenting pursuit of ousting a president the right will only circle the wagons and dog in more . This will eventually come to a head , the only thing left to find out is who will lose the most power . Since it’s always about that anyway , I’m back full circle to it being only a pandering , political ploy for votes and power .
I do know that both sides will come out worse. The right will view the left in a much darker light and the left will view the right in a much darker light. The reactions to Trumpism will be wrongly used to justify similar reactions in the future. Trump's abuses in office will be wrongly used to justify similar actions by future presidents.

One thing is absolutely certain, the left will continue the non relenting pursuit of ousting Trump. Anything else would be unacceptable. As you say, that will cause many on the right to circle the wagons and dig in more.
And the beat goes on.
100% predictable from day one, which leaves one to conclude that this is what Trumpers wanted all along.

Nope, I view Romney as an opportunist, a destroyer, a corporate raider, etc ... a parasite. The guy who tears companies apart destroys them and sells off their assets for a profit. I despise his type; they don't fix, improve, they just destroy what someone else built and profit from the destruction. The ultimate in sleaze ... worthless piece of human trash - actually fitting for a politician perhaps.

That's the only thing about Romney I see as redeeming.

giphy.gif
I'm liking the tactic. How to respond without responding. Maybe it's something for '72 to consider.
Your next one should have a white flag in the background.

Nope, I view Romney as an opportunist, a destroyer, a corporate raider, etc ... a parasite. The guy who tears companies apart destroys them and sells off their assets for a profit. I despise his type; they don't fix, improve, they just destroy what someone else built and profit from the destruction. The ultimate in sleaze ... worthless piece of human trash - actually fitting for a politician perhaps.

Lol,and you LIKE Trump? The guy who ROUTINELY stiffs contractors and runs his companies into the ground ? Such a credit risk he can only get money money from overseas banks?

Lol,and you LIKE Trump? The guy who ROUTINELY stiffs contractors and runs his companies into the ground ? Such a credit risk he can only get money money from overseas banks?

Why do you keep posting theses same falshoods over and over again?

Reactions: AM64
They are. As are most of the republicans, but they are just willing to let political self-interest outweigh their legitimate concerns.
It just so happens that with the dems., their political self interests align with their legitimate concerns.
you are so brain dead it's a wonder you breathe

That's the only thing about Romney I see as redeeming.

I understand the concept. But as someone with a career spent on analyzing problems and finding ways to make things work, I don't have much respect for his type of the dark side. If you want to take a dead car and part it out, that's one thing. If you take a misfiring company and strip away the synergy or critical mass, and render it defunct for your profit, that's a completely different matter. One has no soul or employees to harm; the other does; and, no, I'm not a victim of his type - that's just how I perceive it.

Reactions: Orangeburst
I understand the concept. But as someone with a career spent on analyzing problems and finding ways to make things work, I don't have much respect for his type of the dark side. If you want to take a dead car and part it out, that's one thing. If you take a misfiring company and strip away the synergy or critical mass, and render it defunct for your profit, that's a completely different matter. One has no soul or employees to harm; the other does; and, no, I'm not a victim of his type - that's just how I perceive it.

I can understand the sentiment but sometimes it's a good thing when the herd gets culled.

So let me see if I got this....

We’re in the trial portion of this circus and the prosecutors (House) want the jurors (Senate) to help them gather evidence that the prosecution didn’t feel was worth fighting for in a court of law because of their rush (political agenda) in getting the impeachment (indictment) articles signed in time to play on public opinion (political theater) due to the upcoming election.

In exactly how many trials around this country does the prosecution demand that the jurors help them gather evidence?

Are you, as the prosecution, not required anymore to present all the evidence that you relied on for the indictments to the jurors once the trial stage is reached?

What prosecutors in this country would rush into the trial phase without being fully prepared to move forward? (Besides apparently the House)

It’s a sham, perverts rule of law and is solely motivated by “orange man bad” partisan politics.

I hope the Senate requires the House to prove their case with only the “overwhelming” evidence they previously gathered and used for their indictments.
Sticky this post^^^^^^^^^

Sounds like Gordon Gekko.

Except I don't like Trump, and real estate speculators don't rank high on my list of desirables. However, legislators made the rules on bankruptcy and taxes; Trump used them to his benefit like others have. Do you think that perhaps has something to do with how legislators become rich on moderate salaries - rules and regulations that benefit the powerful and wealthy? Bribes and payoffs? But then you wouldn't see that as being the impetus for investigating the Bidens.

So let me see if I got this....Nope, not really.

In exactly how many trials around this country does the prosecution demand that the jurors help them gather evidence?
In exactly how many trials around this country do the jurors deny the prosecution the right to present new evidence?
Are you, as the prosecution, not required anymore to present all the evidence that you relied on for the indictments to the jurors once the trial stage is reached?
They are presenting all the evidence they relied on. Are prosecutors not allowed to present additional and/or new evidence that was not presented during the grand jury phase?

What prosecutors in this country would rush into the trial phase without being fully prepared to move forward? (Besides apparently the House) Prosecutors constantly ask for more time and the acceptance of new evidence.

It’s a sham, perverts rule of law and is solely motivated by “orange man bad” partisan politics.
Orange man not bad, Orange man despicably horrendous.

I hope the Senate requires the House to prove their case with only the “overwhelming” evidence they previously gathered and used for their indictments. Join the long line of Trumpers wanting to suppress the truth.
Didn't more people vote yes than no on the poll in the other thread when asked if they would like to see witnesses called?

Yeah...its just that in previous impeachments it was Obstruction of Justice. This is Obstruction of Congress. There’s really no such thing. They made it up to circumvent a judicial battle over executive privilege.
They could easily add it and probably will when Mcghan gets to testify. Nancy is playing both the long and short game and making the GOP look like fools in the process.

VN Store

Back