The Impeachment Thread

ZW0vgq0.png

The GOP's fake claim of due process here is just awful and fundamentally wrong.

First, even some of the members who "stormed" the hearing yesterday SIT ON THE COMMITTEES doing the hearings!!!! They CAN be present and they CAN ask questions. Initial testimony is being taken privately so that witnesses cannot use what others say to shape their own testimony. It is basic in trial and is called the rule of sequestration, whereby witnesses B, C, and D do not sit in the courtroom and hear witness A and then merge their testimony.

Moreover, the Republicans are perfectly able and allowed to ask questions in these depositions. Then, when the trial begins, the witnesses will come in and give their testimony and if there is a contradiction either side can point it out.

The claims of due process problems here are made intentionally murky by the Republicans because those claims are utter and complete nonsense. Its a last gasp trying to keep the Trump base in the fold, who are too stupid to even think it through, much less understand it.

They're just desperately trying anything to keep the numbers of those in favor of impeachment down. If it hits 60%, all bets are off. Graham being the bellwether, it will be obvious if/when the tide has turned.

They're just desperately trying anything to keep the numbers of those in favor of impeachment down. If it hits 60%, all bets are off. Graham being the bellwether, it will be obvious if/when the tide has turned.
Graham has done some seriously quick flip flopping lately. I guess he learned from Trump that you can say two different things and your base will believe you.

I hope you aren’t an actuary by trade, because your threat assessment stinks.

Hillary and Biden are retirees who will never hold any position of power again.

Sanders and Warren are minority party Senators - zero power but potentially dangerous.

Trump is of course this morning the most powerful person in the free world, using that power to undermine Constitutional norms, national security, free markets, and fully engaged in corrupt double dealing.
Nope. Way too smart to be an actuary.

So if the polls reach this number of 60%, then what? Will the left be satisfied with a possible Trump impeachment or do they have Pence in the crosshairs as well? If so and their goal is to have Nancy take over, IMO those positive numbers will turn the other way as it will appear to those on the outside that the left had a plan since November of 2016 to reverse the results by any means necessary.

Slippery slope here.

So if the polls reach this number of 60%, then what? Will the left be satisfied with a possible Trump impeachment or do they have Pence in the crosshairs as well? If so and their goal is to have Nancy take over, IMO those positive numbers will turn the other way as it will appear to those on the outside that the left had a plan since November of 2016 to reverse the results by any means necessary.

Slippery slope here.
They won’t try to take Pence out.

I would suspect not. I don’t think Pence is in his inner circle. Only the VP to help Trump with the evangelicals.
He's usually flies under the radar. Today he called out the NBA and Nike with regards to China. What was that all about. Nike's not the only shoe made there and I thought he was against athletes making political statements (Kaepernick), now he wants them to.

I would suspect not. I don’t think Pence is in his inner circle. Only the VP to help Trump with the evangelicals.

The problem for Pence is that either he figured out what was going on and was too scared to act to stop it, or he is incredibly stupid that he didn't figure it out. I'd say its 50-50 between those two.

Either way he needs to go, too.

Slippery slope here.

Yeah, I don't know.. I'm not sure who on here suggested Trump would throw Pence under the bus, calculating that the chances of the Senate voting to impeach would be close to zero, knowing that Pelosi would serve as POTUS in the interim of the elections. But that sounds about right.

The problem for Pence is that either he figured out what was going on and was too scared to act to stop it, or he is incredibly stupid that he didn't figure it out. I'd say its 50-50 between those two.

Either way he needs to go, too.
Neither of those scenarios would raise the bar to impeachment for him.

Reactions: zeppelin128

VN Store

Back