The Impeachment Thread

What would quantify it or whom? He has a lot of room as the executive.

The IG says the complaint was credible and urgent. By law, when that asessment is made, it is supposed to be transmitted to Congress. Period. There is no discretion.

That Trump and the DOJ under Barr are blocking it should tell you something right there.

The IG says the complaint was credible and urgent. By law, when that asessment is made, it is supposed to be transmitted to Congress. Period. There is no discretion.

That Trump and the DOJ under Barr are blocking it should tell you something right there.

Not sure I agree...It ever cross your mind that discussions with foreign leaders should be private, especially in the midst of negotiations. Every President would object to these disclosures.

Reactions: DC_Vol

Sounds like something was done out of the Democratic Playbook of Rules to be President.
But for heaven's sake Muh, Trump....Impeach for making a promise.
Maybe Nadler will handle this investigation.

If it is required by law...let her rip.

He's asking Medvedev to deliver that message to Valdimir Putin who Obama addresses by name. It's as important as you want to make it.
It was made on a hot mike and not meant to be heard. He thought it was a private conversation, AKA, being made in secrecy. If it was so obvious, why did he have to say it and ask that it be delivered?

If Donnie had done this you would be having a conniption.

Are you suggesting Obama colluded with Vlad? Go on. Obama promised time but did he deliver? Basically you have nothing but a casual conversation that got your panties all twisted.

What, are you maintaining the "law and order" president doesn't care about the law?

From the OP's link:

Does the DNI have the authority to withhold an ICWPA complaint from the congressional intelligence committees to protect information for which it claims the deliberative process privilege?

The current jurisprudence on this matter supports the argument that the executive branch can assert the deliberative process privilege to withhold information that would reveal its decisionmaking processes from a congressional subpoena, but says that in doing so the executive branch must jump through some hoops. The relevant ruling, however, is procedurally complicated and of dubious precedential value, due to the political machinations of the parties in litigation.

It goes on to explain that this was done under the Obama Administration in Fast and Furious. It was in appeals court waiting a ruling when the election took place and circumstances rendered it moot. Read the rest from the article if you want more than a summary.

Are you suggesting Obama colluded with Vlad? Go on. Obama promised time but did he deliver? Basically you have nothing but a casual conversation that got your panties all twisted.
My panties weren't twisted. Politicians make promises. Most they don't keep.

If Donnie had done this you would have had a conniption.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Have we reached the "he was joking/hyperbole" defense yet?

So far I've seen the following "defenses":

(1) YGHN
(2) Come on dude, it was just a promise. How bad could it be?
(3) Donny has the right to make promises of any type imaginable.
(4) FAKE NEWS!!!!!
(5) But Obama!!!!!!!

Still waiting to see the joking defense, but I'm sure it's coming.

(1) YGHN
(4) FAKE NEWS!!!!!

The But Obama defense is popular at this point.

Tell Vlad I'll be more flexible. Do you think he's talking about his limbo skills?

If Donnie said that you'd be having a conniption.

Since we're strolling down memory lane, let's load up

remember_that_time_when_Trump_gave_classified_info_to_the_Russians_in_The_Oval_Office_and_we_only_found_out_because_Russian_"journalists"_were_present.exe

TrumpCommittingTreason.jpg

(1) YGHN
(4) FAKE NEWS!!!!!
(5) But Obama!!!!!!!

Still waiting to see the actual promise and to whom.

If it's with the Brits and it's nothing more than giving them the state of Alabama this is a non story.

If it's pretty anyone we dont like it's not going to matter what the promise is for the most part. Unless its promising to blow something up. Americans like explosions.

As usual it will probably fall somewhere in the middle of both parties expectations.

VN Store

Back