The Hot Sauce Thread

kiddiedoc - you sellin' your Big Orange Fury sauce? would love to give it a go

Luvs me some hot sauce- fav is Real Jaimaca Hot Sauce with scotch bonnet peppers. I get it from one of the trainers at my Y- he shops at the Caribbean market here in Orlando... Awesome but not for newbies.

I use siracha on most things. For some reason I like the flavor of Louisiana hot sauce on my seafood, like oysters and fish tacos. But when I eat chicken. I use a hot sauce called Black Rose. It has some heat to that. But it taste really good with chicken.

A buddy of mine sent a bottle from Charleston, SC called Sweet Savina Sunrise. It's very good!. A great homemade sauce I make that is fantastic on wings is a jalamango sauce...yep it jalapenos, mango, & pineapple. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
• 1 9 oz bottle of Hot Mango Chutney
• 1-2 jalapeños
• 1-2 limes, juice and zest
• 1 T freshly chopped ginger
• 1 cup of fresh pineapple or 4 Tbsp juice
• 3 T honey
• 1 large clove of garlic
• Salt and Pepper, to taste
• 3 pounds of chicken wings, cooked

Instructions
1. Remove the seeds from the jalapeños (or leave them in if you want extra heat) and slice.
2. Sauté until soft.
3. Put the pineapple, garlic, ginger, honey, jalapeños, lime zest and juice in a food processor and blend.
4. Add the Hot Mango Chutney and blend.
5. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
6. Toss the cooked chicken wings with the sauce and enjoy!

A buddy of mine sent a bottle from Charleston, SC called Sweet Savina Sunrise. It's very good!. A great homemade sauce I make that is fantastic on wings is a jalamango sauce...yep it jalapenos, mango, & pineapple. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
• 1 9 oz bottle of Hot Mango Chutney
• 1-2 jalapeños
• 1-2 limes, juice and zest
• 1 T freshly chopped ginger
• 1 cup of fresh pineapple or 4 Tbsp juice
• 3 T honey
• 1 large clove of garlic
• Salt and Pepper, to taste
• 3 pounds of chicken wings, cooked

Instructions
1. Remove the seeds from the jalapeños (or leave them in if you want extra heat) and slice.
2. Sauté until soft.
3. Put the pineapple, garlic, ginger, honey, jalapeños, lime zest and juice in a food processor and blend.
4. Add the Hot Mango Chutney and blend.
5. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
6. Toss the cooked chicken wings with the sauce and enjoy!

That sounds great, but I'd use fresh mangos and add some honey and ginger.

Is this more mild than Sriracha with a little more flavor or something?

The sambal is a chili paste. Crushed up red chilis and gives a nice spice to food. Not really a sauce but I use it as a spread on sandwiches. In response to the pic, it's a Sriracha stout. It was definitely different.

How was it?

It was a bit spicy on the back end with a hint of sriracha aftertaste. A light stout. It got to be a bit much after a while, so I'm glad I split it with a buddy. Not bad, but not something I could sit down and drink a ton of either.

Every now and then I have something "hot" that makes me wonder this: What is it with some hot/spicy foods that make you want another bite of the hot, and not something to make the hot go away?

We went to a thai place for lunch, and they also have great sushi. The spicy mayo is so good, and it's the kind of heat that just makes you want to keep eating it.

Wish I knew how to create that balance at home.

Every now and then I have something "hot" that makes me wonder this: What is it with some hot/spicy foods that make you want another bite of the hot, and not something to make the hot go away?

We went to a thai place for lunch, and they also have great sushi. The spicy mayo is so good, and it's the kind of heat that just makes you want to keep eating it.

Wish I knew how to create that balance at home.
The burning sensation actually releases endorphins, which help you handle pain/endure an emergency, which causes a sort of "high" or adrenaline rush.

I like to joke: there's "hot," then there's "Thai hot." On my first venture years ago to a Thai restaurant, when asked for my desired level of heat, I responded "5+, and tell him to bring it."

Don't do that.

The burning sensation actually releases endorphins, which help you handle pain/endure an emergency, which causes a sort of "high" or adrenaline rush.

I like to joke: there's "hot," then there's "Thai hot." On my first venture years ago to a Thai restaurant, when asked for my desired level of heat, I responded "5+, and tell him to bring it."

Don't do that.
😂😂😂

I make my signature “Orange Sunshine”. Habanero’s from the garden, carrots, onion, roasted garlic honey. Boil that down with water and vinegar and salt then when cooled I blend it all together. It’s inspired by my many trips to the Yucatán and the sauces you get in little hole in the wall places.

Reactions: vollygirl

VN Store

Back