The Holly Bobo Kidnapping

Yep. They're just stalling now hoping something will turn up. These guys are going to walk.

They should walk if the state doesn't have sufficient evidence. It's not our duty to prove our innocence. They may in fact be the real killers, but then again maybe they aren't. They could just be some real shady characters, and the state wanted/needed to pin it on someone. I'm starting to lean towards them not being the culprits. They are uneducated drug addicts. Do you really think they wouldn't leave some type of evidence behind if they done it?

Last edited:
They should walk if the state doesn't have sufficient evidence. It's not our duty to prove our innocence. They may in fact be the real killers, but then again maybe they aren't. They could just be some real shady characters, and the state wanted/needed to pin it on someone. I'm starting to lean towards them not being the culprits. They are uneducated drug addicts. Do you really think they wouldn't leave some type of evidence behind if they done it?

They have one woman's testimony that she saw a video of them raping Holly but they don't have the video. They have Dylan's testimony that he raped her twice and Zach and Jason murdered her. But, he apparently has a low IQ and would not be a reliable witness. The body was found adjacent to Zach Adam's relative's property. A jury might convict but I doubt it. They apparently have Zach sending a message to his brother not to talk or he'd put him in the same hole as Holly. But, it doesn't appear they have any physical evidence tying him or Autry to the murder.

Attachments

• hollybobo.png
    hollybobo.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
They have one woman's testimony that she saw a video of them raping Holly but they don't have the video. They have Dylan's testimony that he raped her twice and Zach and Jason murdered her. But, he apparently has a low IQ and would not be a reliable witness. The body was found adjacent to Zach Adam's relative's property. A jury might convict but I doubt it. They apparently have Zach sending a message to his brother not to talk or he'd put him in the same hole as Holly. But, it doesn't appear they have any physical evidence tying him or Autry to the murder.

The woman who saw some alleged video is useless in court without the video.

A body was found? Thought only the skull was found randomly in the middle of the woods?

These guys might not have even done it and they're just stupid, drug dealers who are just dumb enough to incriminate themselves in a murder they didn't even commit. Maybe they did ultimately do it but I guess we'll never get a smoking gun unless one of them just caves and confesses.

That could all be lies for all we know. Have you personally seen proof of any of this the state claims they have?

That could all be lies for all we know. Have you personally seen proof of any of this the state claims they have?

Yeah, I mean the girl was dating one of the other guys who was initially charged, and then you have Dylan who why would he lie on his brother and incriminate himself? Then, I think they have a copy of a note that Zach wrote. But, you're right I think they need stronger evidence than this because a good defense could pick this apart. And, you're also right it might all be BS. They really need some type of physical or corroborating evidence tying them to the murder.

The woman who saw some alleged video is useless in court without the video.

A body was found? Thought only the skull was found randomly in the middle of the woods?

These guys might not have even done it and they're just stupid, drug dealers who are just dumb enough to incriminate themselves in a murder they didn't even commit. Maybe they did ultimately do it but I guess we'll never get a smoking gun unless one of them just caves and confesses.

Not really useless because she could testify to what she saw. And, it would depend on what the jury believed. Yes, skeletal remains were found. The thing about it is there were a lot of rumors circulating around the community that they were involved before the police focused on them. And, then after they were arrested the remains were found adjacent to Adam's family property. This in and of itself though is not evidence. Dylan did confess. He confessed to raping her twice and said Zach and Jason raped and murdered her. If a Grand Jury indicts then the burden of proof is on the state but I've seen cases where there was less evidence and there was a conviction if in fact this is the evidence they have. Not impossible but the old DA probably wanted a more iron clad case. This new DA who has been assigned she might take it to trial.

Emails Reveal New Details In Heated Holly Bobo Fallout

By Chris Conte. CREATED Feb 5, 2015

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - New emails obtained by NewsChannel 5 paint a disturbing picture of a paranoid freshman District Attorney once in charge of the Holly Bobo case, slinging blame and determined to go it alone.

The unprecedented fallout began on December 12 inside a conference room at Tennessee Bureau of Investigation headquarters in Nashville. Several people, including TBI Director Mark Gwyn and Decatur County DA Matt Stowe, were meeting to discuss the Holly Bobo case.

Emails obtained by NewsChannel 5 reveal things quickly fell apart.

"General Stowe said he felt that TBI had compromised the case," wrote Wally Kirby, Executive Director of Tennessee District Attorney's Conference.

Kirby was also in the room during the December 12 meeting.

Emails reveal that Stowe went on to say that the TBI had proceeded, "so slowly that the culprits were always one step ahead and that TBI... was leaking information and possibly covering up evidence."

"General Stowe also stated that he trusted no one in the room [which, as you can imagine had a chilling effect on the remainder of the meeting]," Kirby wrote.

The rest, as they say, is history.

TBI Director Mark Gwyn immediately removed the agency from all cases in the 24th Judicial district but not before visiting Holly Bobo's mom and dad.

From the same email: "Director Gwyn decided that he should go and talk with the Bobo Family... Mrs. Bobo had a melt down and [said] she was going to destroy Matt Stowe. She wanted him off the case... and the TBI back on the case.”

Since those days in December, Matt Stowe has repeatedly avoided requests by NewsChannel 5 for an interview.

The day the story broke, though, Stowe sat down for an interview with another local television station, a decision that seemingly made the situation worse.

Wally Kirby writes: "Stowe was not truthful in the interview. He said he never asked TBI to leave his district. Mark [Gwyn] is not happy and will likely make some statement tonight. "

Then Memphis District Attorney Amy Weirich enters the fray -- Stowe initially demanded her special prosecutor also be taken off the Bobo case.

"If my office has been removed from the case, what is the point in me sitting down with him? The only way [we] will be back on the case is for Stowe to recuse himself," Weirich wrote in an email.

In the end, that's what finally happened. With very little choice, Stowe finally stepped aside from the Bobo case on December 18, six days after that initial meeting with TBI director Mark Gwyn.

A very short, yet very public, battle perhaps summed up in one sentence written by Wally Kirby:

"I feel that we have done all we can do to help General Stowe in this matter because of his lack of experience."

Emails Reveal New Details In Heated Holly Bobo Fallout - NewsChannel5.com

Emails Reveal New Details In Heated Holly Bobo Fallout

By Chris Conte. CREATED Feb 5, 2015

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - New emails obtained by NewsChannel 5 paint a disturbing picture of a paranoid freshman District Attorney once in charge of the Holly Bobo case, slinging blame and determined to go it alone.

The unprecedented fallout began on December 12 inside a conference room at Tennessee Bureau of Investigation headquarters in Nashville. Several people, including TBI Director Mark Gwyn and Decatur County DA Matt Stowe, were meeting to discuss the Holly Bobo case.

Emails obtained by NewsThChannel 5 reveal things quickly fell apart.

"General Stowe said he felt that TBI had compromised the case," wrote Wally Kirby, Executive Director of Tennessee District Attorney's Conference.

Kirby was also in the room during the December 12 meeting.

Emails reveal that Stowe went on to say that the TBI had proceeded, "so slowly that the culprits were always one step ahead and that TBI... was leaking information and possibly covering up evidence."

"General Stowe also stated that he trusted no one in the room [which, as you can imagine had a chilling effect on the remainder of the meeting]," Kirby wrote.

The rest, as they say, is history.

TBI Director Mark Gwyn immediately removed the agency from all cases in the 24th Judicial district but not before visiting Holly Bobo's mom and dad.

From the same email: "Director Gwyn decided that he should go and talk with the Bobo Family... Mrs. Bobo had a melt down and [said] she was going to destroy Matt Stowe. She wanted him off the case... and the TBI back on the case.”

Since those days in December, Matt Stowe has repeatedly avoided requests by NewsChannel 5 for an interview.

The day the story broke, though, Stowe sat down for an interview with another local television station, a decision that seemingly made the situation worse.

Wally Kirby writes: "Stowe was not truthful in the interview. He said he never asked TBI to leave his district. Mark [Gwyn] is not happy and will likely make some statement tonight. "

Then Memphis District Attorney Amy Weirich enters the fray -- Stowe initially demanded her special prosecutor also be taken off the Bobo case.

"If my office has been removed from the case, what is the point in me sitting down with him? The only way [we] will be back on the case is for Stowe to recuse himself," Weirich wrote in an email.

In the end, that's what finally happened. With very little choice, Stowe finally stepped aside from the Bobo case on December 18, six days after that initial meeting with TBI director Mark Gwyn.

A very short, yet very public, battle perhaps summed up in one sentence written by Wally Kirby:

"I feel that we have done all we can do to help General Stowe in this matter because of his lack of experience."

Emails Reveal New Details In Heated Holly Bobo Fallout - NewsChannel5.com

This story adds absolutely nothing.

This story adds absolutely nothing.

I think it makes it sound like the TBI doesn't have any evidence against the suspects, especially since the DA thought they were always one step ahead. There's no way the suspects are smart enough to outsmart the TBI. I really think they have the wrong people now.

What a crap show... First the Christian and Newsome families have to relive everything because there was a junkie on the bench, now Holly's family are forced to watch this case unravel. Unreal...

DA may be called as witness in Holly Bobo case
Posted: Feb 06, 2015 3:41 PM PST
Updated: Feb 06, 2015 3:50 PM PST

DECATURVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

The district attorney who once led the prosecution in the Holly Bobo murder case may now become a witness in the trial.

Leaks of District Attorney Matt Stowe's dispute with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation over the quality of the murder investigation have led to the possibility.

Stowe's argument with the TBI over the Bobo case were so explosive, it spilled out of a private meeting and into public view.

The latest leak in the Bobo case, an email from Stowe's liaison to all 33 district attorneys, laid out the argument between Stowe and the TBI. He accused the TBI of proceeding so slowly in the case that the culprits were all one step ahead of the TBI.

The information leaked in December. The TBI pulled out of the 24th District for a couple of days until Stowe and TBI Director Mark Gwyn reached an agreement.

Stowe then removed himself from the Bobo case.

"There was a meeting on Friday and Director Gwyn and I had a heated exchange, but at no point was I discussing cases other than Holly Bobo's," Stowe told Channel 4 last month.

But after this latest leak, there's a new, strange consequence.

"I've been doing this for 40 years," attorney David Raybin said. "I have never seen this before."

Raybin helped write Tennessee's criminal code. He believes Stowe may now be an admissible witness for the defense. He may be asked to testify to what his problems were with the TBI.

"We can debate all day long about evidence casting aspersions that you've done a bad job or you need to go away. That's an entirely different situation," Raybin said. "Anything which casts doubt on the expert witnesses' credibility or findings is subject to cross examination. This may well be admissible."

Stowe did not want to go on camera on Friday. He said he did not want to jeopardize the case and contribute to leaks he said he had nothing to do with.

Meanwhile, Jason Autry, one of the men charged with Bobo's murder, sent a letter to the clerk's office this week asking about evidence and the bill of particulars.

Autry said he doesn't even know when his next court date is.

"I am an innocent man fully ready for this to come to pass. Amen," Autry wrote.

Autry's attorney, Fletcher Long, is embroiled in the Vanderbilt jury scandal and also faces a personal felony extortion trial in May. Long has not filed recently in that case.

Zach Adams' attorney has asked for the file against his client to be temporarily unsealed so they can look at the evidence. The order remains unsigned as everyone waits for the evidence to be entered.

There is still no firm date for the trial to begin as a new prosecutor wades through evidence.

DA may be called as witness in Holly Bobo case - WSMV Channel 4

I think it makes it sound like the TBI doesn't have any evidence against the suspects, especially since the DA thought they were always one step ahead. There's no way the suspects are smart enough to outsmart the TBI. I really think they have the wrong people now.

The one piece of evidence, really not a piece of evidence, but fact of the case is they found Holly Bobo's remains adjacent to Adams relative's property, after he was arrested. Too coincidental for me. Plus you give the police too much credit. Look at the case of Casey Anthony in Florida. They had essentially no physical evidence against her. Time by itself will hide most evidence.

Last edited:
TBI: Man lied about threats in Holly Bobo case
The Jackson Sun 12:05 p.m. CST February 9, 2015

A former Chester County jailer who said he had received threatening phone calls related to the Holly Bobo case has been indicted on a charge of filing a false report, according to a news release.

Tommy Joe Austin, 47, of Reagan, filed a report with the Madison County Sheriff’s Office on Jan. 11 saying someone had called him and threatened him and his son for not “taking care” of Zach Adams, who has been charged with the adduction and killing of Holly Bobo. Adams had been held in the Chester County jail.

District Attorney General Jerry Woodall asked the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation to investigate Austin, and the TBI determined that Austin’s report was not truthful, according to a news release from the TBI.

Austin was indicted on Feb. 2.

He turned himself in to a TBI agent this morning at the Madison County jail.

The Jackson Sun 12:05 p.m. CST February 9, 2015

A former Chester County jailer who said he had received threatening phone calls related to the Holly Bobo case has been indicted on a charge of filing a false report, according to a news release.

Tommy Joe Austin, 47, of Reagan, filed a report with the Madison County Sheriff’s Office on Jan. 11 saying someone had called him and threatened him and his son for not “taking care” of Zach Adams, who has been charged with the adduction and killing of Holly Bobo. Adams had been held in the Chester County jail.

District Attorney General Jerry Woodall asked the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation to investigate Austin, and the TBI determined that Austin’s report was not truthful, according to a news release from the TBI.

Austin was indicted on Feb. 2.

He turned himself in to a TBI agent this morning at the Madison County jail.

This case really seems to have brought out the crazies.

The one piece of evidence, really not a piece of evidence, but fact of the case is they found Holly Bobo's remains adjacent to Adams relative's property, after he was arrested. Too coincidental for me. Plus you give the police too much credit. Look at the case of Casey Anthony in Florida. They had essentially no physical evidence against her. Time by itself will hide most evidence.

You talking about her skull that was found? The same one that some random group of hunters found just laying on the ground not even buried. 3 years after she died and after search teams went through those same woods.

VN Store

Back