The hire Al Golden Thread

Miami fan here, I just posted the same in a similar thread. Would be a tremendous pickup for you all in the event you don't get Gruden. Heartbreaking for us Cane fans

Reactions: 3 people
I would of hired al golden in 2010. He's a great defensive guy, and he can compete in the sec.

I would of hired al golden in 2010. He's a great defensive guy, and he can compete in the sec.

I agree, but do you think he'll leave Miami?

He inherited a bad situation and the fan support sucks there, but it is easy to recruit there and he doesn't want to get a reputation for jumping jobs all the time.

Just being a pessimist. I think he could leave for the right $.

I agree, but do you think he'll leave Miami?

He inherited a bad situation and the fan support sucks there, but it is easy to recruit there and he doesn't want to get a reputation for jumping jobs all the time.

Just being a pessimist. I think he could leave for the right $.

If i were Golden, I would almost pay to leave Miami. They possibly could get hammered worse than Penn. State.

tumblr_mcrn3cJtpW1riv702o1_400.jpg

With this logic, looks like Paul wants the job as well.

I'd be ok with it.

Reactions: 6 people
Feel kind of bad for Golden with all the problems at Miami he inherited. We know he's a good coach from the Temple years. Only thing is that it's really difficult to know how good he is.

He had a few good seasons at Temple, but that's not like coaching in the SEC, or even the ACC. And while Temple was dismal before he went there, it's also the best located school (recruiting wise) in the MAC. (Now it's in the Big East, but was in MAC during Golden years.)

It also took Golden till year 4 at Temple to have a winning season, which might not be so bad in the MAC (one of the worst conferences in I-A), but also doesn't tell you as much as you'd like either.

Don't know that he'd end up here, but I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up changing destinations eventually.

Heck, I need to get my orange tie out. I am Tennessee Orange through and through and would love a $$$$ contract! I'd have tryouts for kickers and buy Velcro for our DB's. I'd go strictly to the west coast short passing game and go for all 4rd downs. If I don't win 8 the first year I'll quit.

No it wouldn't...He hasn't done anything with that team.

What exactly does he have to work with? They should be way worse than they are. I think Golden would be a good hire. Not great, definitely not a top 3 hire, but he'd be a hell of a lot better than what we've got now.

Reactions: 1 person
No one wants to go there anymore with all the pending sanctions to come. The guy can recruit. The problem is Dooley can recruit too. Ugh...

It's MIAMI...It recruits itself...He has lots of talent there...Yes the last coach screwed them over by allowing the wrong people around the program but Miami will never be short of talent.

Reactions: 1 person
It's MIAMI...It recruits itself...He has lots of talent there...Yes the last coach screwed them over by allowing the wrong people around the program but Miami will never be short of talent.

I'm sure loads of guys are dying to play in front of 36 fans way off campus for a program that could very well get obliterated by the NCAA.

VN Store

Back