The Heisman Pose

I will play your game. If the intel turned out to be correct, yet Bush never made it public (as he has no requirement to, since it is intel concerning national security) and Iraq armed operatives to attack a US city with a weapon of mass destruction, then what would you be saying today? You would most likely be blaming Bush for a lack of action. I would rather our Commander-in-Chief place trust in the intelligence community (our own, which was corroborated by every major player on the globe, save China) and act then sit idly by thinking, "Well, it might be wrong..."

CIA chief George Tenet clearly stated in Oct '02 that Saddam was not likely in the near future to hit the United States or share his weapons with al Qaeda or other anti-American terrorists, unless the United States attacked Iraq first. Bush parlayed that into saying that an attack from Hussen was inevitable. Additionally, Tenet's evidence that al Qaeda was in Iraq was vague at best.

CIA chief George Tenet clearly stated in Oct '02 that Saddam was not likely in the near future to hit the United States or share his weapons with al Qaeda or other anti-American terrorists, unless the United States attacked Iraq first. Bush parlayed that into saying that an attack from Hussen was inevitable. Additionally, Tenet's evidence that al Qaeda was in Iraq was vague at best.
I assume you are talking about the CIA Report to the Senate. "Vague at best?"
  • We have solid reporting of senior level contacts between Iraq and al-Qa'ida going back a decade.
  • Credible information indicates that Iraq and al-Qa'ida have discussed safe haven and reciprocal nonaggression.
  • Since Operation Enduring Freedom, we have solid evidence of the presence in Iraq of al-Qa'ida members, including some that have been in Baghdad.
  • We have credible reporting that al-Qa'ida leaders sought contacts in Iraq who could help them acquire W.M.D. capabilities. The reporting also stated that Iraq has provided training to al-Qa'ida members in the areas of poisons and gases and making conventional bombs.
  • Iraq's increasing support to extremist Palestinians coupled with growing indications of a relationship with al-Qa'ida, suggest that Baghdad's links to terrorists will increase, even absent U.S. military action.
Not sure that the words "solid" and "credible" imply any sort of vagueness.

No, no, no, no.... we need to put a salary cap on corporate CEO's..........

With the exception of athletes and actors.......

Don't leave out teachers, OE. After all, teachers should earn more money than everyone else, combined!

Don't leave out teachers, OE. After all, teachers should earn more money than everyone else, combined!

Ohhh, you just pushed my hot button. If you only knew what it's like to have a kid, and deal with some of them... and no I'm not saying all of them are bad, but my wife and I teach my kid more than the teacher does.

VN Store

Back