The Heat gets to Tim Floyd

Unless Mike Garrett and Steve Sample have changed their collective name to The Heat, your title is inaccurate.

I don't know who they are. Just pretty big coincidence that this is on the heels of the allegations, or heat.

I don't know who they are. Just pretty big coincidence that this is on the heels of the allegations, or heat.
When a top notch coach is told by his "superiors" that he can't defend himself publicly against ridiculous allegations, sign players he's already recruited, and that he needs to "see the big picture and realize we can't let football get hit," there's no coincidence that he says he's had enough.

So between the comments of Groves and hat, I gather that they are doing this to ensure the NCAA doesn't poke around the athletic department not because they are afraid of what they will find with the basketball team, but rather the football team... and were just going to throw that sport on the sword.

This sounds like a movie plot.

So where does he go from here
Depends on what he wants to do. He has a standing offer from Pop to join the Spurs staff and he's got other solid connections in the Association if he wants to be an assistant or get into personnel and scouting. My guess is that he takes a year or two off and ends up with a college job in the Deep South.

So between the comments of Groves and hat, I gather that they are doing this to ensure the NCAA doesn't poke around the athletic department not because they are afraid of what they will find with the basketball team, but rather the football team... and were just going to throw that sport on the sword.

This sounds like a movie plot.
The 'AA wasn't going to find anything substantial on either program. The administration just wants the whole thing over for PR reasons and the easiest way to end it was to make Tim's life miserable until he resigned. Now, the two blithering idiots running the show at SC can go tell the boys in Indy how proactive they are and let the 'AA get back to the business of screwing non BCS programs.

The 'AA wasn't going to find anything substantial on either program. The administration just wants the whole thing over for PR reasons and the easiest way to end it was to make Tim's life miserable until he resigned. Now, the two blithering idiots running the show at SC can go tell the boys in Indy how proactive they are and let the 'AA get back to the business of screwing non BCS programs.

Do you agree with my assertion that the NCAA is a bunch of spineless idiots?

So, based on all of your posts thus far concerning this matter, you are basically implying that absolutely no wrong-doing was done on the part of one, Tim Floyd? That he is essentially a squeaky-clean, ethically outstanding scapegoat?

Does this have anything to do with the fact that you are somewhat of a big fan of Mr. Floyd? Is this another Cal-Defense, where it's "acceptable" to knowingly "cheat" as long as you can manipulate the system?

Personally, I think its great when USCheat gets busted for anything. They are the college version of OJ (Simpson, not Mayo). Everyone knows they did it, but for some reason the "jury" is scared to convict.

VN Store

Back