The "Head's Up" TV and Streaming Show Thread

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
I feel like we need a thread where we can tell each other about new shows or shows maybe nobody knows about. We have a Netflix thread. We have a Prime/Hulu thread that few use. Then you have Showtime, CBS All Access, etc. They just all get lost (except Netflix) so I figured this would be helpful.

So brand new docu-series on HBO called The Vow about the NXIVM cult. The first episode was pretty boring. You can probably skim through it. It's all about the attractive side of NXIVM, but ****'s about to get real next week.

Ramy didn't win the Emmy, but they have to have somebody on hand in case he did

His show is so good. It's like an Egyptian-American NYC version of Atlanta.

If you are into the history of stand up comedy like me there is a fascinating documentary about the history of The Comedy Store on Showtime. I've seen the first episode it was very good.

If you are into the history of stand up comedy like me there is a fascinating documentary about the history of The Comedy Store on Showtime. I've seen the first episode it was very good.

Good looking out

Utopia on Prime is cool. Rough summary, it's a sci-fi show with conspiracy theorists/fanboys who believe a comic book pandemic story is real. Rainn Wilson and John Cusack are a couple of the main characters.

Ted Lasso on AppleTV is a very solid watch. It's about a college football coach who gets hired to coach a British soccer club. Good humor and has some depth.

That was originally a promo sketch for EPL on NBC a couple years ago. It was funny but I can’t believe they made a show out of that.

Reactions: VOLNPA
There is a docu-series on Showtime about the Comedy Store. It's really good, if you're a comedy nerd. Lots I didn't know about from before my time. Literally, all I knew about Freddie Prinze was that he was an entertainer and there was actually a lot of important history there.

Reactions: bignewt
I've been hesitant to post this because I assume it's supposed to be a kids show but I have really been enjoying The Astronauts on Nickelodeon.

It was created by Daniel Knauf who created
Carnivàle on HBO and who has written & produced Spartacus: Blood and Sand and The Blacklist.

It's executive produced by Ron Howard and Brian Grazer.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Your Honor is new on Showtime, starring Bryan Cranston.

There are some awesome elements, but two episodes in, and there have already been some big coincidences in the story. Only the truth can include strange and improbable coincidences that tie the story together. Fiction has to be smarter than that. Hopefully, that's the last of that **** and the writing is tighter from here on out.

I li
I've been hesitant to post this because I assume it's supposed to be a kids show but I have really been enjoying The Astronauts on Nickelodeon.

It was created by Daniel Knauf who created
Carnivàle on HBO and who has written & produced Spartacus: Blood and Sand and The Blacklist.

It's executive produced by Ron Howard and Brian Grazer.
I liked that carnival show, kinda weird. I need to finish it

Reactions: FLVOL_79
There is a docu-series on Showtime about the Comedy Store. It's really good, if you're a comedy nerd. Lots I didn't know about from before my time. Literally, all I knew about Freddie Prinze was that he was an entertainer and there was actually a lot of important history there.

Finished this and it was all so good. I wanted them to do more on Robin Williams, but maybe he wasn't as big of a figure there and that's why they didn't try to make more out of him

The best part was Rogan going toe-to-toe with Mencia and losing the Comedy Store battle but then winning the war. Mencia is so far out of sight and out of mind, I forgot about most of this.

Everybody was burning Eddie Griffin, too, and that was great.

Reactions: bignewt
Anyone checked out the Hardy Boys on Hulu? It's another 80's based series like Stranger Things.

VN Store

Back