The great Halloween candy debate

Make your choice, ghouls:

• Total voters
Mike & Ikes are the real jam. Almost nobody ever gives them out, though. The normal serving is a big ole box that can be shared with a loved one on occasion...I have recently seen smaller bags though at gas stations however...so there may be hope

I have always preferred Milky Way to Snickers... but I know I'm in the minority on that. The trick-or-treaters who knock on my door are getting that, Kit Kat bars, Reese's cups and some Starburst. I don't even know what some of that stuff in the poll is.

Reactions: LouderVol
Best:
1. Almond Joy
2. Mounds
3. Heath Bar/Score
4. Peanut M & Ms
5. Nestle Crunch
6. Kit Kat
7. Pay Day
8. Junior Mints
9. Reese's cups
10. Whoopers

Reactions: Pineyvol
My wife dictates Snickers and Butterfinger funsize or minis. She will tolerate my bringing home the little Milky Way Midnight dark and Heath (what if one of the kids has a peanut allergy, honey?).

1. Milky Way
and now blasts from the past:
2. Charleston Chew
3. Big Hunk
4. Look
5. Abba Zabba
6. JuJuBes (work great in a sling shot)
7. Oh Henry
8. Slo Poke
9. Mars Bar
10. Bit O' Honey

How do people feel about chocolate ratio? I like fun size stuff better because there is more choc per bite. 2 fun size Snickers > regular Snickers. 3 mini Reese's cups > regular Reese's cup.

I feel very strongly about this

How do people feel about chocolate ratio? I like fun size stuff better because there is more choc per bite. 2 fun size Snickers > regular Snickers. 3 mini Reese's cups > regular Reese's cup.

To me i cant tell much difference, it all tastes about the same except for those big thick Reese's. Too much peanut butter, and that's something i never thought I'd say.

For me, ratios are right up there with continuums and degrees; and I agree, the chocolate to non-chocolate ratio is much superior in the fun size.

Bottle caps (not on your list) are my #1 worst. Wax coke bottles are really just pitiful, aren't they? Why were we ever stupid enough to pay money for that?

Absolutely. The head of Hershey's process engineering was a guy IIRC named Craig Moyer. He made this same point. He said of all the candy they make, little reese cups were the best. Better than full size.

VN Store

Back