The Golf Thread

I don't know the answer to either.
you might have someone fit you for a set of clubs before really doing anything. A great deal is only a great deal if the clubs fit your setup and the shafts work for your swing tempo.

Me, for instance: I use clubs that are 2 degrees upright, 3/4" over standard length with Project X 6.5 shafts. If I were to try and hit off the shelf clubs, I would have to drastically change my setup and the plane of my swing. Not to mention I would hit lots of shots right because of the toe down situation I'd have at impact.

Obviously, if they stay at $39 bucks, there's just no risk there, but if they get up much above $100, I'd wanna know that I could use them for a while.

Pretty sure that Tour Step is just the stock shaft.

Personally, if I was in ViA's shoes and my clubs were unplayable, I'd pull the trigger on these if they stayed around $100 no matter what the specs are. You can always get the lie angle bent after the fact if they don't fit.

I won't minimize the effect of custom fitting, but in the scheme of things I don't think it's that big a deal for him at this point.

Pretty sure that Tour Step is just the stock shaft.

Personally, if I was in ViA's shoes and my clubs were unplayable, I'd pull the trigger on these if they stayed around $100 no matter what the specs are. You can always get the lie angle bent after the fact if they don't fit.

I won't minimize the effect of custom fitting, but in the scheme of things I don't think it's that big a deal for him at this point.
no disagreement in general, but I don't like the idea of bending cast clubs.

no disagreement in general, but I don't like the idea of bending cast clubs.

Yeah, those things will definitely snap in a heartbeat if you push them too far. Plus they tend to work their way back to their original state over time.

bought this bag at Dicks today...it's sick.
2b12_10.JPG

toughest round of my life was when the bag stand broke on the green of hole #2. It sucked. However I love this feature:

blackRoyal.jpg

I don't even have to bend down for the strap anymore.
tell me we haven't started to reach the height of ridiculous.

"no, no. I'm a traditionalist so I walk the course, plus it's great exercise. Now, do you have a stand bag that I don't have to bend over to pick up?"

Having said that, which bag is that and where do I buy it?

tell me we haven't started to reach the height of ridiculous.

"no, no. I'm a traditionalist so I walk the course, plus it's great exercise. Now, do you have a stand bag that I don't have to bend over to pick up?"

Having said that, which bag is that and where do I buy it?

it's a Ping Hoofer Extreme. I really do like the raised strap simply because there's no hassle of getting the two tangled up. I prefer walking not because I'm a traditionalist or the exercise, but because I really probably play about 4 strokes better that way because I stay more calm out there. However, I can't imagine ever walking without the backpack strap system. For undergrad graduation i got a $150 gift card to a local independent pro shop and didn't use it for over a year because I couldn't come up with anything i just had to have and it had to be a one time expense. Finally settled on the new bag.

I had the 845fs for a few years and never was super happy with them. If I was in your shoes then I would look for something a little newer.

it's a Ping Hoofer Extreme. I really do like the raised strap simply because there's no hassle of getting the two tangled up. I prefer walking not because I'm a traditionalist or the exercise, but because I really probably play about 4 strokes better that way because I stay more calm out there. However, I can't imagine ever walking without the backpack strap system. For undergrad graduation i got a $150 gift card to a local independent pro shop and didn't use it for over a year because I couldn't come up with anything i just had to have and it had to be a one time expense. Finally settled on the new bag.
I'm not sure if it's because I play calmer or if it's because I feel less rushed but I play better when I walk as well.

Got a new to me driver today....MacGregor NVG2 Tour....I've only taken it to the range so far but I can tell a huge difference between it and my old TM 580XD....

I actually think the "backpack" straps are just as good an addition as the stand. Much easier to carry

I agree, in fact, if I was playing competitive golf today and carrying my bag, I'd give up the stand way before I gave up the double straps. Carrying that single strap bag could wear you down at times.

I agree, in fact, if I was playing competitive golf today and carrying my bag, I'd give up the stand way before I gave up the double straps. Carrying that single strap bag could wear you down at times.
My new bag has stand
and double straps, I have yet to use the double straps.

My bag now has balls and tees and gloves and clubs and band-aids and advil in it. I am left with no more excuses. Must take the swing for a test drive this weekend. Pray for us.

My bag now has balls and tees and gloves and clubs and band-aids and advil in it. I am left with no more excuses. Must take the swing for a test drive this weekend. Pray for us.

It had been so long for me, I even included a retriever in my arsenal for the first time in my life.....it has paid for itself already.....gotta work on that driver inbounds strategy I've been hearing about.

VN Store

Back