The Golf Thread

tenor.gif

I went golfing on a regular course for the second time in my life a couple weeks ago and I've caught the bug. I can drive the ball really well, but it's blasting straight out to the right (like an opposite field hit).

I think I've figured it out but haven't been back to the range to work on it. Is it possible I've got my left (top) wrist rolled in too tight on the grip?

The Open seems to be melting the pros down this year.

DeChambeau blasting his equipment. The equipment manufacturer sniping back.
Tyrrell Hatton flipping off fan(s).
Leishman snapping his putter and using a wedge.

Interesting major.

Royal Saint George has always been a sticker for pros at The Open, nobody’s favorite unless they win there and even then they still long for a more favorable set up. It’s a quirky course when conditions are favorable, a real bitch when they aren’t.

On a side note, I played one of the strangest rounds of golf I’ve ever played today. 8-over on the front and wondering what the hell I even bothered teeing it up for, shanking wedges left and right. frustrated as hell ... and whaolla ... 3-under on the back and could have been better, knocking on the flag the whole back nine. Damn game ... !

Reactions: Rishvol
I went golfing on a regular course for the second time in my life a couple weeks ago and I've caught the bug. I can drive the ball really well, but it's blasting straight out to the right (like an opposite field hit).

I think I've figured it out but haven't been back to the range to work on it. Is it possible I've got my left (top) wrist rolled in too tight on the grip?
You're probably swinging to far from the inside also try to get the hips open a bit

I'd also double check your alignment.

VN Store

Back