The final straw

sad how quickly people forget the pre-Butch years

Getting really sick of seeing this trolls posts. Dude, you can do better than bagging groceries at Publix and the University of Tennessee can do better than Butch Jones. Your loser mentality is what's wrong with this program. At least if we fired him 5 minutes after the UGA loss, we would have some kind of dignity rather than tolerate this piss poor product he trots out every Saturday.

We all know it's you Ainge, you ain't foolin nobody

If we lose enough to lose bowl eligibility before the final game or two he will be fired following loss #7. Otherwise they will keep him on through the regular season.

I don't know if this is negative or positive. ..but 5-7 probably gets a bowl invite anyway. UT is perfect candidate to be one of the 5-7 teams. ...with as good as we travel. Just saying.

Lol exactly. Poor poor Lyle. Why stay and put his family through this abuse? Lol dumb question was dumb. And naive. And heart stringy.

As I said earlier... if he has been told he is fired then he gets his buy out regardless. So why stay and just get piled on?

Obviously if he hasn’t been told he is fired then he is going to stay and collect. Ergo he has most likely not been told it’s over.

I realize this is a message board and things get skimmed and posts some quick but reading comprehension shouldn’t be too challenging for similar 2-3 sentence posts.

I disagree. I'm more disappointed right now than I ever was during the Dooley years...mainly because we have a lot of talent on the team and a weak sec.

So you are more disappointed that we have actually beaten FL and UGA (and even SC) in the past five years than when we were losing to UK playing a WR at QB?

....okay then.

What is the final straw will it take to break the camel's back? What else has to happen before he is shown the door? I've never seen such a train wreck that has unfolded before our eyes. Someone please tell me that there is something positive going on. I'm not able to see it. AM I negative or just realistic?:loco:

Butch is running out of ideas to get fired... Currie just sitting back laughing.

Some things to think about.

Georgia put a Biblical butt whoopin'on us with a second year coach and a freshman QB.

That should be all that anyone needs to know. But if that isn't enough, Butch Jones has never beat Muschamp, and he lost to Vanderbilt.

Anything else?

It's amazing, truly amazing how many are still on the jones train!!! They must have liked last year, are in love with this year, and are looking forward to world class love affair next.
We've all heard the expression, "to double-down on stupid", I can think of no better example.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Butch wants to be successful here but it’s not like Fulmer who bled orange for 34 years of his life. Why would Butch stay and put himself and his family through the abuse if he’s been told he’s done?

Pretty sure he hasn't been told he's done at Tennessee. In reality nobody on VN knows what's going on behind the scenes (If anything). We're just saying what we , as inexperienced Ad's, would do if it were up to us. I'd fire him now, hire Chip as HC, hire Gruden as OC, hire Venable away from Clemson....

Pretty sure he hasn't been told he's done at Tennessee. In reality nobody on VN knows what's going on behind the scenes (If anything). We're just saying what we , as inexperienced Ad's, would do if it were up to us. I'd fire him now, hire Chip as HC, hire Gruden as OC, hire Venable away from Clemson....

Several are assuming/hoping he has been told.

My point is dubunking that with simple logic. Why would he still be here if he’s BEEN TOLD he’s done? Once someone with authority comes into his office and says “hey you aren’t being retained after this season” then he has effectively been fired and the buy out is his. No reason to hang around at that point.

You must have been asleep during the Dooley years if you think this is the worst it’s been in recent history.

Dooley was never shut out at home.

Just think about it, that last loss was the worse loss in Neyland since 1905... over 110 years ago!!!

Last edited:
Several are assuming/hoping he has been told.

My point is dubunking that with simple logic. Why would he still be here if he’s BEEN TOLD he’s done? Once someone with authority comes into his office and says “hey you aren’t being retained after this season” then he has effectively been fired and the buy out is his. No reason to hang around at that point.

You cant "debunk it with simple logic". You just assume way too much with the above bolded part. He would have to coach until he was fired. I have no idea if he was told he wasnt going to be retained after this season. I doubt you would tell him that. But even if he was, he couldnt walk away until he was officially fired. That would be quitting and void his contract and then he'd be paying us i assume. He HAS TO STAY UNTIL FIRED. OBVIOUSLY HE HASN'T BEEN FIRED. HE COULD BE TOLD HES DONE AFTER THE SEASON BUT THATS NOT FIRING.

Dooley was never shut out at home.

Just think about it, that last loss was the worse loss in Neyland since 1905... over 110 years ago!!!

Granted...

But we went the whole month of Oct with only 1 TD in 4 games in 2011. Then followed that up with the first loss to UK in 23 years with a WR playing QB.

Let’s see if Butch can sink that low first.

What is the final straw will it take to break the camel's back? What else has to happen before he is shown the door? I've never seen such a train wreck that has unfolded before our eyes. Someone please tell me that there is something positive going on. I'm not able to see it. AM I negative or just realistic?:loco:

After 4 solid years and well into year 5 after excellent recruiting, numerous coaching changes, we lose to a Gator team that was likely the worst Gator team fielded against CBJ's watch. Since then it's all been ''whatever'' for me, as far as I'm concerned that's when this 2017 season ended, and time for CBJ to move on. He made improvements, he took the job when no other coach had the cojones to take it, he deserves our thanks but his chapter is over.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back