The Endzone Garden Thread

That's what I don't know! Mine aren't growing like the pic!
You’ll be amazed. They just sit there looking green, until one day they aren’t.

To me, yours do look like the pic, in that they are up above the foliage, or at least lying sideways. We are growing cayennes, jalapeños, and peperoncini, and they all dangle down.

Hot peppers are pretty bulletproof to grow. I think I’d hold off and give them several weeks to see if they turn color.

—just as green bell peppers are simply unripe red, orange, or yellow bell peppers.

You’ll be amazed. They just sit there looking green, until one day they aren’t.

To me, yours do look like the pic, in that they are up above the foliage, or at least lying sideways. We are growing cayennes, jalapeños, and peperoncini, and they all dangle down.

Hot peppers are pretty bulletproof to grow. I think I’d hold off and give them several weeks to see if they turn color.

—just as green bell peppers are simply unripe red, orange, or yellow bell peppers.
Thank you!!!!!

Reactions: VolNExile
The last time I made hot pepper vinegar, I used long finger cayenne peppers. Picked them when one was good and red, a few were changing, and most were green. Washed them, put them in the jar, making sure the red one was visible, filled the jar with apple cider vinegar, and stored it for a spell. Finally tried it out on some turnip greens. 👍🏼

The last time I made hot pepper vinegar, I used long finger cayenne peppers. Picked them when one was good and red, a few were changing, and most were green. Washed them, put them in the jar, making sure the red one was visible, filled the jar with apple cider vinegar, and stored it for a spell. Finally tried it out on some turnip greens. 👍🏼
That's exactly what I want it for.

The son in law gave me a bottle of his homemade pepper sauce. The base is Scotch Bonnet. The flavor enhancers include ghost and Carolina reaper peppers. It’s got some zing. Mm hm.

I made hot pepper sauce with a combo of Jalapeno, Hot Cherry, and Cayenne. Cider Vinegar and sugar heated to almost a boil, poured over in jar, set in cabinet about a month until pepper color looked a drab green on the Jalapeno. Those three peppers made a nice combo of heat and flavor.

Wow, it’s definitely a thought. I’ve never taken on something like this, but his technique looks like it makes sense. I might have missed him mentioning it, but I would use organic cherries, to avoid any growth inhibitor that might have been applied, etc.

@PEPPERJAX , have you ever tried anything like this with fruits from your trees?

Wow, it’s definitely a thought. I’ve never taken on something like this, but his technique looks like it makes sense. I might have missed him mentioning it, but I would use organic cherries, to avoid any growth inhibitor that might have been applied, etc.

@PEPPERJAX , have you ever tried anything like this with fruits from your trees?

No
Grafting only.

No
Grafting only.
@82_VOL_83 , that’s a point. The guy who made the video lives in coastal Spain. Any cherries you buy might have been grown elsewhere, or if local, might have been grown on grafted stock. You might want to check with your local extension service to find what varieties do well in your area.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Came home to find the top leaves and some blooms stripped off some of my hot peppers. My Carolina Reaper is pretty bad and I'd hate to lose it. Gonna try some sevin dust and see if that helps.

Came home to find the top leaves and some blooms stripped off some of my hot peppers. My Carolina Reaper is pretty bad and I'd hate to lose it. Gonna try some sevin dust and see if that helps.
Hornworms may be the culprits. I hate those little bastards. Catch them in the act and squash their bish azz.

Hornworms may be the culprits. I hate those little bastards. Catch them in the act and squash their bish azz.
I am now a Squasher of Bugs.

Pretty much the only halfway-positive thing you can say about allergies is that you always have at least two half-used Kleenexes in your pocket. If you do it right: no bugs, no leftover Kleenex. Win win.

The tomato pecking Mockingbird is back. Lil fawker is mutilating my maters just as they’re ripening.
Oh geeze, one more thing to brood over! 😡

Two houses ago, we grew tomatoes in pots on the deck. I would come home from work to find picked tomatoes sitting on the deck rail with one squirrel-sized bite in each.

Either eat the whole danged thing, or leave it alone! Not one bite, and then go sample another.

At least our idiot cat keeps squirrels away. She’s too dumb to actually catch them, but she does run them off.

VN Store

Back