The elephant in the police room.

NurseGoodVol

Middle-ish
I'm a firm supporter of the police and always have been. I have seen the best which outweighs the worst by far. I'm posting an article from the town I used to live and work in so I can, in fact, testify to the truthfulness. I know and have interacted with 80% of the officers on this force including the superiors. I watched these officers go up the ranks. Lived and worked in this town from 1986 to 2000. Continued working in the town until 2012.

Nearly All the Officers in Charge of an Indiana Police Department Have Been Disciplined — Including the Chief Who Keeps Promoting Them — ProPublica

Despite obvious problems with racism within the dept there is also another problem that amplified all this x 10. Not hinted to or ever mentioned is the officers aggregious use of steroids. I had several conversations with superiors, sheriff's, officers about multiple depts use of steroids on a personal level and how it was negatively impacting their dept. While acknowledging the use of the anabolic steroids they failed to enact any professional standard that would require officers to abstain from the drugs.
How many dept senior officers deal with this, I wonder? Does this ever come up in conversation about overly aggressive cops? I've watched police shows and can tell we still have rhoided up police. Thoughts?

Wow.

Somebody finally said it, and it was a female. This might not go over well, but it is BOTH true and a huge part of the problem of police brutality .

I do not speak as an outsider. I work out, and I take Test and have taken mild doses of other anabolics in the past .

Nearly lost my wife. And kids. Without ever laying a hand on either.

Just taking Test, I have to be very careful. I do not carry a gun in the truck or in person. Ever. I know that I am overly aggressive at times, WITHOUT steroids, and taking less Test than any cop or other man who was trying to gain or maintain muscle mass that is more than what their body is genetically predisposed to have. Much less.

Short fuse. More aggressive both in a sense of violence and sexually. When I was taking more, but still a fraction, maybe half, of what many guys with "body builder" type builds take....I was nearly psychotic. I wasnt myself, or at least my normal self.

This is a HUGE problem among cops and has a DIRECT correlation/causation with brutality, as well as the greatly increased stats of domestic violence towards their ladies. Anyone who has ever taken anabolics and is being honest will say the same. It is a serious problem, and all cops should be tested for steroids like athletes are. We give them guns and authority over the public for Petes sake.

Great observation NGV. Let's see where it goes. This is a very real problem.

Edit:
There is a good reason why the bottles of EXTREMELY MILD steroids given to folks to stop and inflammation have a disclaimer on them about changing personalities and aggressiveness.

Those steroids like cortisone are like BB guns, or water guns.

Real Test is like an AK47.

A real cycle of steroids is like a nuclear warhead. This isnt an exaggeration. I have seen grown men absolutely pitch a fit and break sheit in about 5 seconds because lid didnt open on the 1st try, or a bulb burned out in an overhead light. Psychotic type behavior from having 100x plus the very same steroids that make us men in the 1st place, and put muscle on our frames.

Last edited:
I'm a firm supporter of the police and always have been. I have seen the best which outweighs the worst by far. I'm posting an article from the town I used to live and work in so I can, in fact, testify to the truthfulness. I know and have interacted with 80% of the officers on this force including the superiors. I watched these officers go up the ranks. Lived and worked in this town from 1986 to 2000. Continued working in the town until 2012.

Nearly All the Officers in Charge of an Indiana Police Department Have Been Disciplined — Including the Chief Who Keeps Promoting Them — ProPublica

Despite obvious problems with racism within the dept there is also another problem that amplified all this x 10. Not hinted to or ever mentioned is the officers aggregious use of steroids. I had several conversations with superiors, sheriff's, officers about multiple depts use of steroids on a personal level and how it was negatively impacting their dept. While acknowledging the use of the anabolic steroids they failed to enact any professional standard that would require officers to abstain from the drugs.
How many dept senior officers deal with this, I wonder? Does this ever come up in conversation about overly aggressive cops? I've watched police shows and can tell we still have rhoided up police. Thoughts?
I guess they feel the need to be bulked up to deal with trash. Back in the old days, they let their guns do the talking, and shot people if they tried to flee. Now, they have to chase them down and fight them.

Isn't steroid use banned in the military? I am sure there are plenty who still use it. but if its too much for the military its too much for cops.

or at least put a cap on it. some mg(whatever the unit is) per unit of body weight.

of course, once you do that, you have to enforce it and that is one of the major problems. as i see it anyway.

I guess they feel the need to be bulked up to deal with trash. Back in the old days, they let their guns do the talking, and shot people if they tried to flee. Now, they have to chase them down and fight them.
I have heard this from a few of those police in the article. They needed to compete with coke, pcp and meth heads who are hopped up.
One of those officers mentioned in the article I knew for 10 years. I had talked with him on numerous occasions about his usage and the resulting problems. I liked his wife, he lost her along with spousal abuse. In our final talk, I held him directly responsible for his actions. He came at me and I had no questions as to his intent to harm me at the time, he was on leave pending an investigation. I knocked over his table with his gun and ran. I haven't spoken to him since. He has killed a man over a misdemeanor drug charge since.
Some people just need to walk away from the profession.

Isn't steroid use banned in the military? I am sure there are plenty who still use it. but if its too much for the military its too much for cops.

or at least put a cap on it. some mg(whatever the unit is) per unit of body weight.

of course, once you do that, you have to enforce it and that is one of the major problems. as i see it anyway.
That would require drug testing. It's invasive and I don't think a precedent has been set for pds.

Wow.

Somebody finally said it, and it was a female. This might not go over well, but it is BOTH true and a huge part of the problem of police brutality .

I do not speak as an outsider. I work out, and I take Test and have taken mild doses of other anabolics in the past .

Nearly lost my wife. And kids. Without ever laying a hand on either.

Just taking Test, I have to be very careful. I do not carry a gun in the truck or in person. Ever. I know that I am overly aggressive at times, WITHOUT steroids, and taking less Test than any cop or other man who was trying to gain or maintain muscle mass that is more than what their body is genetically predisposed to have. Much less.

Short fuse. More aggressive both in a sense of violence and sexually. When I was taking more, but still a fraction, maybe half, of what many guys with "body builder" type builds take....I was nearly psychotic. I wasnt myself, or at least my normal self.

This is a HUGE problem among cops and has a DIRECT correlation/causation with brutality, as well as the greatly increased stats of domestic violence towards their ladies. Anyone who has ever taken anabolics and is being honest will say the same. It is a serious problem, and all cops should be tested for steroids like athletes are. We give them guns and authority over the public for Petes sake.

Great observation NGV. Let's see where it goes. This is a very real problem.

Edit:
There is a good reason why the bottles of EXTREMELY MILD steroids given to folks to stop and inflammation have a disclaimer on them about changing personalities and aggressiveness.

Those steroids like cortisone are like BB guns, or water guns.

Real Test is like an AK47.

A real cycle of steroids is like a nuclear warhead. This isnt an exaggeration. I have seen grown men absolutely pitch a fit and break sheit in about 5 seconds because lid didnt open on the 1st try, or a bulb burned out in an overhead light. Psychotic type behavior from having 100x plus the very same steroids that make us men in the 1st place, and put muscle on our frames.
I have taken step down steroids for my back when I burst 2 discs. After the first 2 doses I was raging and had a hair trigger. I warned everyone to stay away from me.

I have heard this from a few of those police in the article. They needed to compete with coke, pcp and meth heads who are hopped up.
One of those officers mentioned in the article I knew for 10 years. I had talked with him on numerous occasions about his usage and the resulting problems. I liked his wife, he lost her along with spousal abuse. In our final talk, I held him directly responsible for his actions. He came at me and I had no questions as to his intent to harm me at the time, he was on leave pending an investigation. I knocked over his table with his gun and ran. I haven't spoken to him since. He has killed a man over a misdemeanor drug charge since.

The profession is the perfect job for many with the need to show force somewhere other than home and apparently the collective bargaining units protect them hence 18 violent allegations charged and no resulting discipline

Police brutality is prototypical of another saying the 98-2 rule, 2% are responsible for 98 % of the problem

Reactions: NurseGoodVol

Ooo… you have really stepped on a land mine.

But seriously, there's a guy that makes YouTube videos that I frequently watch and he jokes around about being aware of bald cops because baldness is usually (not all the time of course, but usually) a sign of high/elevated testosterone. Now with this added bit of info, I'm not so sure now that the guy may not have been hinting at these bald cops actually being on 'roids.

Last edited:

I knew one guy on anabolic steroids in the academy and he didn’t make it through due to his issues and I fully believe you are right on this. But I never saw that kind of continued anger out on the streets from officers

Reactions: NurseGoodVol

Interesting... o_O

Reactions: Tyler Durden

It is. I also know a few that have done it anyway.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
The profession is the perfect job for many with the need to show force somewhere other than home and apparently the collective bargaining units protect them hence 18 violent allegations charged and no resulting discipline

Police brutality is prototypical of another saying the 98-2 rule, 2% are responsible for 98 % of the problem
Wait... 98-2 rule? WTF? That is a new one. I've heard of 80-20 rule but not that.

I have heard that the guys that take these steroids penis' shrink up to nothing, is it true?

Anybody cycling anabolic steroids, which involves "stacking" testosterone and at least 1 of many "steroids", is a danger to themselves and others. Period.

This is completely unarmed. With a pistol on their side, and a 12 ga in the squad car...you are looking at a time bomb. It isnt a matter of "if" people are getting hurt...but how many, and how often?

When I see a group of cops standing around, and it looks like a UT linebacker film room taking a break....think about any other group of men you come across. How many are jacked up like that? What % of men are naturally top heavy with muscles popping out everywhere? 1 in 10? 1 in 20? These days, maybe 1 in 40???

Steroids are easy to come by. From the internet, friends, or pretty much any gym in the US. It is easy to spot those that use. To be able to naturally look like Hulk without using the Juice is probably less than 1 in 100 people, and that is only for maybe 10 years of life in their 20s....

With all the dangers to cops, and their need to overpower criminals frequently to make arrests.... I can see why steroids would be so appealing. If being honest, they are quite appealing to plenty of men who never have to overpower anyone at work or home...we are taught since we were little boys that big muscles makes a manly man.... there is a VERY SERIOUS problem though when mentally unstable, overly aggressive men are given badges and guns...and authority that can very easily be abused. I have never, ever heard this subject brought up in the media before. If we are gonna have honest conversations about police brutality ...this is a subject that 100% HAS to be discussed

Thanks for bringing it to light NGV.

It is. I remember we got some stuff from the GNC on base called Andro or something. It was considered a PED after a few months and it got pulled. That being said, I believe the only drug testing we did was looking for schedule 1 drugs and illegal narcotics, not PEDs. If you bulk up like a monster real fast they can have you specifically tested for roids, but the normal piss in a cup test never looked for that.

I have heard that the guys that take these steroids penis' shrink up to nothing, is it true?
It is a side effect of steroids. It will eventually shut down your own steroid production. So after you stop using there's some really bad side effects like shrinking of sexual organs.

Edit...Long long term use shrinking of balls.

In would say in Elkharts case that would be correct. Unfortunately because the behaviors were tolerated so long, newer officers who were so inclined repeated the behaviors. Until the older experienced officers basically beat them over the head and said stop it.

Ooo… you have really stepped on a land mine.

But seriously, there's a guy that makes YouTube videos that I frequently watch and he jokes around about being aware of bald cops because baldness is usually (not all the time of course, but usually) a sign of high/elevated testosterone. Now with this added bit of info, I'm not so sure now that the gu may not have been hinting at these bald cops actually being on 'roids.
You can kinda see rhoid rage in the eyes and physical actions. Can't sit still, nervous qwerkiness, hard time focusing, harepin trigger. No stopping them once they are committed to action. They get rhoid bumps on smooth skin, like the chest and back area. I had honestly never thought of high testosterone with pattern baldness. Gonna have to look into that.

You can kinda see rhoid rage in the eyes and physical actions. Can't sit still, nervous qwerkiness, hard time focusing, harepin trigger. No stopping them once they are committed to action. They get rhoid bumps on smooth skin, like the chest and back area. I had honestly never thought of high testosterone with pattern baldness. Gonna have to look into that.
I was under the impression that because we are circumventing our normal testosterone production/body usage that the use of artificial stuff resets path ways which led to at least some of the issues.

VN Store

Back